Author Topic: Bargnani 23 points against the Spurs last night  (Read 256 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bargnani 23 points against the Spurs last night
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
he'll have a nice NBA career.

the worst compliment ever in the NBA...

He's Italian, i am Italian, we see things from another prospective. Andrea will never be an Hall-Of-Famer, and he'll probably never be an All-Star. But it ain't his fault if he got selected with the #1 pick and not with the #3 like he deserved.

#1 Brandon Roy
#2 Lamarcus Aldridge
#3 Andrea Bargani

That's how the draft should have been. Andrea is a #3 draft pick who went probably too high. Just like Danilo Gallinari is probably a #8 draft pick who went too high. But you guys were talking like he was a Kwame Brown or Mike Olowokandi type of bust, and he isn't.

1.Roy
2.Aldridge
3.Gay
4.Bargs

Im so glad he didnt drop to us at 4! lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13:51 PM »

He's Italian, i am Italian, we see things from another prospective. Andrea will never be an Hall-Of-Famer, and he'll probably never be an All-Star. But it ain't his fault if he got selected with the #1 pick and not with the #3 like he deserved.

#1 Brandon Roy
#2 Lamarcus Aldridge
#3 Andrea Bargani

That's how the draft should have been. Andrea is a #3 draft pick who went probably too high. Just like Danilo Gallinari is probably a #8 draft pick who went too high. But you guys were talking like he was a Kwame Brown or Mike Olowokandi type of bust, and he isn't.

I'd put Rudy Gay, Randy Foye, and maybe even Tyrus Thomas above him...

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 02:57:15 AM »

#1 Brandon Roy
#2 Lamarcus Aldridge
#3 Andrea Bargani

im sayin, when somebody says a player had a "nice career" thats like sayin....."he was...eh, i dont wanna be rude....so i'll just say 'nice'" lol

;D

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 02:59:01 AM »
^^^Oden is a bad example in this case. He was the consensus #1 pick. People forget he is coming off that microfracture surgery and its still his rookie year. Everybody struggles after a microfracture, and rookies almost universally struggle in their first year in some way or another. We wont see the real Greg Oden til next year.

I know, but the pressure will be very high on him. Exactly like it was high on Andrea, with him being Italian and shit. People will compare him to Durant, to Al Horford, and he will have to fight those ghosts through all his career. It ain't easy being a #1 pick. That's what i'm saying. It wasn't a diss to Oden, man.

I got your point, just saying his case is pretty unique and its not really fair to put him in that category with guys like Kenyon Martin and Joe Smith in terms of value as a #1 pick. He may very well end up being of that ilk but its not the right time to make that call on Oden.

Yeah, you're right. I edited my post tho. My bad. Sometimes i wanna say something but i gotta find a way to say it, being english the 3rd language i speak. :)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 02:59:35 AM »

#1 Brandon Roy
#2 Lamarcus Aldridge
#3 Andrea Bargani

Opinions. Bargnani's numers are not worse than Thomas and Foye, anyway. Rudy Gay ok, i forgot about him. Gay #3 for sure.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:01:54 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 03:24:13 AM »

#1 Brandon Roy
#2 Lamarcus Aldridge
#3 Andrea Bargani

Opinions. Bargnani's numers are not worse than Thomas and Foye, anyway. Rudy Gay ok, i forgot about him. Gay #3 for sure.

Forget about numbers, Foye is a better player than Bargnani, and Thomas has just recently been coming along, so that one is still up for grabs. All 3 players are currently around the same level, but if it were up to me, I'd take Thomas and Foye ahead of Bargs....PeACe

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »
^^ Not a scandal.