Author Topic: That which doesnt kill me...  (Read 438 times)

Floydness

That which doesnt kill me...
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
WILL MAKE ME STRONGER!!!!!

8) 8) ;D

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: That which doesnt kill me...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

8) 8) ;D

yeah, but what if you got hit by a speeding truck while you were walking across the street?  What if due to the accident you needed to have both of your arms, and both of your legs amputated, and you suffered severe brain damage to the point where you could not speak or even eat without a feeding tube. Youd still be alive. Would you be stronger?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Floydness

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:26 PM »
You sir, make an interesting point...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »

8) 8) ;D

yeah, but what if you got hit by a speeding truck while you were walking across the street?  What if due to the accident you needed to have both of your arms, and both of your legs amputated, and you suffered severe brain damage to the point where you could not speak or even eat without a feeding tube. Youd still be alive. Would you be stronger?
mentally you probably would be, unless you let it kill you, you would learn a lot about life, some of the people that had intense shit happen to them end up gaining a wisdom about life many others will never learn

btw kanye sucks, i thought u had good music taste floyd

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

8) 8) ;D

mentally you probably would be

"severe brain damage"

lets say you were in a coma...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Kool Beenz

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
what if you were kidnapped by terrorists and they cut your tongue and nose and ears and eyes and hands off and you had no sense at all

would you be stronger then?

herpes

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:43:20 PM »
What if you get gang raped by aids infested crack heads and your contract the virus?  Technically it wouldn't make you stronger, it would weaker and weaker until it eventually kills you.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
What if you get gang raped by aids infested crack heads and your contract the virus?  Technically it wouldn't make you stronger, it would weaker and weaker until it eventually kills you.

you tell us, do u feel any stronger now then you did before?

Rugged Monk

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
all that bad shit could still make you wiser because as you wallowed in pain you would pray and wish for death therefore youd gain a deeper understanding and comprehension of death and the fragile beauty of life

Floydness

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »
jesus christ this thread got deep LOL.. and yeah I do have good taste but I like this song....  :-\

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »

8) 8) ;D

damn....makes me wanna bump this shit

Metallica-One
btw,how in the fuck do you embed video's god damnit?....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:20:00 PM by ^ReLentLess^ »

Hey Ma

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »
I don't believe in the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Whatever didn't kill you might make you more jaded and apathetic, but it will clutter your mind, which almost assuredly won't lead to strength. There's this section of physics called thermodynamics, which is is the study of the conversion of heat energy into different forms of energy. I believe you can relate some of the principles of thermodynamics to the human mind, in particular a section known as the "second law of thermodynamics".
If you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

It is surmised as "an expression of the universal law of increasing entropy, stating that the entropy of an isolated system which is not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium."

Basically, any working body whether car engine, or boiler, or in this case human mind, will through years of operation increase in "entropy", which is a measure of disorder (crap) within that system. A common example is a cube of ice melting. You can't stop it, it's just in the nature of that cube of ice to degrade over time, much like our minds, or a car's engine.

Now,
take into account all the things that supposedly make you "stronger", tragedy, overcoming substance abuse, failure, fallout in personal relationships; these things (entropy) that occur within our lives are like dirt and shit being introduced into a car's air filter, or holding a light closer to that ice cube. They are detrimental, and require hardship to internalize and keep going. After years of this entropy increasing, your working mechanism (your mind), will begin to to decline in performance.

It would be asinine to shrug off years of driving the same vehicle with no tuneups, as simply "making your car stronger, it's still running right?". However, that ignorant approach IS seen when it comes to our life of hardship. Only, we don't become stronger, we get weaker; just more desensitized so we think we're stronger.

Follow a person who's lived a life of homelessness and drug abuse, see how easy it is to disrupt their equilibrium. Find a rape victim, will she be able to laugh at shows like "family guy"? Chances are, there will be things on TV, generally made for the masses to enjoy, that she will not be able to stomach because of that buildup of entropy, or bullshit that she's had to deal with in her mind. Here's a huge example of societal entropy affecting a huge number of people; the relationship between black America and our nation's history. Atrocities committed throughout the existence of America towards an entire population simply because of their skin color, hasn't left black communities stronger, it's crippled them essentially, to the point where death and disease can be significantly higher in a single zip code, within an otherwise relatively peaceful city, just because it is a community largely comprised of African Americans.

"That which doesn't kill me......" Bullshit. I suppose it's an ignorant bliss to numbed to the pain of life, but we are not stronger for it.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »
"That which doesn't kill me......" Bullshit. I suppose it's an ignorant bliss to numbed to the pain of life, but we are not stronger for it.
word,whatever gets you through though is how i look at it. everyone copes differently. imagine us as humans never tempering our emotions. we'd all be basket cases,high on pharmaceuticals that only mask the true problems. if holding on to a tired cliche or reading a passage from a book about a God that may or may not exist helps you,then i do not see the harm.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »
I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you...
 ...stranger.

-The Joker

You thought we could be decent men, in an indecent time! You were wrong. The world is cruel.
-Two Face.

The world is cruel and shit does indeed suck. But people always have a choice. One option is to give up and succumb to the harshness of the world like poor Harvey Dent....
The other is to recognise that hardship isn't something to  be seen as directly positive but, the possibility to grasp something positive (for lack of a better word) out of a bad situation (no matter how mundane or trivial) is always a possibility. At the end of the day thats all we have.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »

8) 8) ;D

damn....makes me wanna bump this shit

Metallica-One
btw,how in the fuck do you embed video's god damnit?....

isnt there a thread set up by KAIN about how to do it??