Author Topic: Chandler to Sonics Wilcox and Smith to Hornets?  (Read 240 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Chandler to Sonics Wilcox and Smith to Hornets?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
Thunder*

I dunno why New Orleans would do this, though...Chandler is their most important player on defense. ???

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:29:06 PM »
Thunder*

I dunno why New Orleans would do this, though...Chandler is their most important player on defense. ???

"No such team exists." -Shaq*

From what I can gather this is a cost cutting move. The economy is fucked and owners don't want to lose money (as evidenced by the ESPN article stating that Raef LaFrentz is getting better offers than Amare Stoudemire).

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »
Man fuck these Oklahoma motherfuckers

Rick McCrank

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »
it's supposed to save them something like $15 million over some time...

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
It's official now

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »
Thunder*

"No such team exists." -Shaq*

From what I can gather this is a cost cutting move. The economy is fucked and owners don't want to lose money (as evidenced by the ESPN article stating that Raef LaFrentz is getting better offers than Amare Stoudemire).

a team like New Orleans should be concentrated on winning as opposed to saving money...lol@the dumbness in their logic.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
Chris Paul's new contract goes into effect next year so trading Chandler puts them under the luxury tax. But when you are a contender, why would you do such a thing? They should be adding talent, not getting rid of it.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
I doubt they would have made this year if Chandler hadn't missed so many games this season, and Smith and Wilcox give them 2 big men who might be more consistent, but they can't match Chandler's defensive presence. Watching the Hornets last season, you figured they would build off the core of Paul, West & Chandler, and the signing of Posey made it look like they were trying to win it now. It might not hurt them on the court, but it won't help them. Didn't they trade away their draft pick this year for money? Seems like their owner is cheap.
I got a bird's eye view

Rick McCrank

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »

Chris Paul's new contract goes into effect next year so trading Chandler puts them under the luxury tax. But when you are a contender, why would you do such a thing? They should be adding talent, not getting rid of it.

it's everyone's excuse these days but maybe the economy is making these owners really tighten up the wallets, who knows...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

it's everyone's excuse these days but maybe the economy is making these owners really tighten up the wallets, who knows...
Yup. David Stern warned that the luxary tax threshold might actually go down in the offseason.

OchoCinco

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
not no more , chandler didnt pass physical

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »
Thunder*

I've read an interview done to Jerry West. He said the difference between this year's Hornets and the last year's ones is Chandler not playing well enought. And that he discussed about it with Hornets GM. Maybe that's why. If West says something, you listen to the man. Plus he's phisically not fit at all, as he still has major problems on his knees.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 01:49:54 PM »
Thunder*

I've read an interview done to Jerry West. He said the difference between this year's Hornets and the last year's ones is Chandler not playing well enought. And that he discussed about it with Hornets GM. Maybe that's why. If West says something, you listen to the man. Plus he's phisically not fit at all, as he still has major problems on his knees.

chandler's been battling injuries all season long...i think that's the real reason they tried to deal him.