Author Topic: Fabolous Tags The-Dream For "Loso's Way," Talks Release Date And More  (Read 79 times)

Elano

Last week Nas told MTV News that he is having a baby boy with his wife, Kelis, in the coming months. Maybe down the line his child can play catch with Fabolous' son.

That's right, Fabby became a daddy almost a year ago, but his life-changing event pretty much went under the media radar, with the exception of a photo online of him holding an infant. The pic was never fully explained, but now it's confirmed: The Brooklyn, New York, native is a father for the first time and enjoying it.

"I've been a playa," Fab smiled, sitting on the Brooklyn set of The-Dream's "Rockin' That Thang" remix video and reminiscing about the days when he didn't bear the responsibilities of fatherhood.

But being a dad is "a great thing," he said. "It's hard to put in words, but it's a blessing. I used to look at certain people talk about their kids. I used to look at it in a great light with a good eye and be like, 'That's cool that they have that love.'

"I used to look at how Eminem feels about his daughter and how Game feels about his sons. Now I can say I feel the same way. I got a son that's about to turn 1. Going through all the things of that, it's a genuine love. He don't know I'm a rapper. He just looks into my eyes and has a genuine love."

Fab has a track called "Stay," dedicated to his youngster, on his upcoming Loso's Way LP. That track features Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry. And ladies, don't think that just because he's somebody's pops now, Fab won't be making those anthems for you. He insists Loso's Way has those, one of which features The-Dream.

"It's called 'Put It in the Bag,' " Fab explained. "It's 'Whatever You Like' on steroids."

Loso's Way is based on the 1993 Al Pacino film "Carlito's Way."