Author Topic: It's 2009 and the West Coast Is Still D.R.Y.  (Read 1140 times)

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
It's 2009 and the West Coast Is Still D.R.Y.
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:59:56 AM »
Man what's up wit the industry? All these damn mixtapes and not one SOLID album to listen to! Everyone sayin' we're droppin this and that, but the shit don't ever see the light-of-day! The West Is Gonna Need a heart transplant soon if shit don't start droppin'! Real Talk

Just to name a few!

Glasses Malone, Clyde Carson, Lil Eazy E,  Of Course the good Doctor, Crooked I, even EA SKI  apply us some pressure PIMPin' we need ya'll shit like yesterday!  Man i'll go cop em just put dat good shit out!  We need to hollar at Obama and get a West Coast Stimulus package! Pay all the big name producers a grip fuck the label executives and release every last album that's been shelved!!!!!!!!!

Jaydc555

Re: It's 2009 and the West Coast Is Still D.R.Y.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:33:24 AM »
Add people like sly boogy to that list as well.I'm beginning to think jay rock is never coming out either.I just don't get it.why invest all the money in an artist and then shelve it?makes little sense to me

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:12:26 AM »
Are G. Malone still dropping Beach Cruiser on March 10?

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:44:14 AM »
learn how to type a fuccing sentence

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:16:17 AM »
Learn how to type a fucking sentence.
Corrected for your pleasure.

BJV

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:28:57 AM »
At least the bay area is still poppin

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:01 AM »
Ha ha west coast stimulus plan I def agree with you man. YEAPP is a big rap star (in his mind) I suppose you rapped in front tupac and biggie and they thought you good right ha ha pathethic
Bullets aint got no names

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
We got B-Real dropping next week, Pr1me dropped a CRAZY project for free, Juice's mixtape/street album imo is cool. There is plenty of good music out west.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
There is plenty of good music out west.
exactly, the music isn't the problem.
it's some of the music listeners

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »

I guess I just grow tired of threads like these. I really don't know what kind of "resurgence" people want musically out here. And it seems like the better a west coast album is out here the less attention people pay it. If it is not Game, Spider, or DPG or Dre people don't bother with it. If people have a open mind to music out here I would suggest checking out dubcnn. And that is not a shameless plug.  ;D They have dropped some QUALITY ALBUMS from Indef, Pr1me, Bishop Lamont, Young De and soooooo many others. The future out here is bright imo.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »

I guess I just grow tired of threads like these. I really don't know what kind of "resurgence" people want musically out here. And it seems like the better a west coast album is out here the less attention people pay it. If it is not Game, Spider, or DPG or Dre people don't bother with it. If people have a open mind to music out here I would suggest checking out dubcnn. And that is not a shameless plug.  ;D They have dropped some QUALITY ALBUMS from Indef, Pr1me, Bishop Lamont, Young De and soooooo many others. The future out here is bright imo.
lol, we're on the same page when it comes to that ;)
too many people claim that hiphop is dead, yet they mainly listen to "mainstream" rap :P

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

too many people claim that hiphop is dead, yet they mainly listen to "mainstream" rap :P

Yeah I have no problem finding quality material out here, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »

Yeah I have no problem finding quality material out here, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
yeah, that's because you keep looking for good music  ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »

Potato Potata Free Fries.......
....and yeah that new B-Real is actually pretty good,and this coming from a cat that don't really feel him.  ;)

LOL! I have not heard the album yet all the way through but yeah it has some good joints on there.

Žŕiņēė

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »

You make a good point.  But i think looking back on things, it has always, and will always be the same way. The best artists are never on top. Shit rises to the top.  ::)