Author Topic: It's 2009 and the West Coast Is Still D.R.Y.  (Read 1126 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: It's 2009 and the West Coast Is Still D.R.Y.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
gangsta muzik is aite
but bo roc on that hook is mad dope
on replay for a minute
whos doin the intro to that song tho?
a female?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
There is plenty of good music out west.
exactly, the music isn't the problem.
it's some of the music listeners

I get what you're saying and thats cool but what 'the listeners' are saying is that they are sick of people being delayed again and again and those are artists that they did try and get in and support... you cant support an artist if they never drop an album... after a while you give up (Yeap just waitin for a reference to Crook after that comment :laugh: )

Its fine to be able to D/l a track here and there an say this artist is cool and then you here they workin on an album and its this date then that date then no date.... Thats the problem I have....

But the solution that you and D Nice seem to have is go and listen to someone else and not support that artist which you would have gone out and copped had they actually released an album?

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »
Ha ha west coast stimulus plan I def agree with you man. YEAPP is a big rap star (in his mind) I suppose you rapped in front tupac and biggie and they thought you good right ha ha pathethic

I was in the 4th 5th grade when they passed I was hardly listening to rap bac then (I just got into it) I did not start rapping until 7th grade

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
Yeah theres dope music out there, but I just wanna see some of these artists drop something in the stores! *bangs Hussle In The House* damn this shit goes hard

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »
yeah hussle in the house is fuckin bangin
shit is crazy dope
not feelin his other traxx, but that shit is "INSANE"

Yeah theres dope music out there, but I just wanna see some of these artists drop something in the stores! *bangs Hussle In The House* damn this shit goes hard
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LOWKEYLOCO

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 03:46:13 PM »
a change is gonna come 8)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
FUCK A COAST ITS ABOUT GOOD MUSIC!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »

I get what you're saying and thats cool but what 'the listeners' are saying is that they are sick of people being delayed again and again and those are artists that they did try and get in and support... you cant support an artist if they never drop an album... after a while you give up (Yeap just waitin for a reference to Crook after that comment :laugh: )

Its fine to be able to D/l a track here and there an say this artist is cool and then you here they workin on an album and its this date then that date then no date.... Thats the problem I have....

But the solution that you and D Nice seem to have is go and listen to someone else and not support that artist which you would have gone out and copped had they actually released an album?

Where did I say that? I still purchase albums. If it is quality material I will buy it. From wherever. My point is that there ARE west coast artists that drop quality material, free or for sale, that people overlook. I am just tired of this the coast is dead talk just because a few people on the net's favorite artists are not putting a album out. There is more to the west then just a handful of artists that continuously get talked about on the net.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
FUCK A COAST ITS ABOUT GOOD MUSIC!!!

Ditto!

I do wanna see a G Malone, Crooked I, Jay Rock, etc. not so much for the sake of the coast, but for the sake of good music.

This coastal dominance mentality has to go. Just give me quality music and I'll cop your shit when it hits the shelves.

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
problem is too many of these west coast artists think their goin blow up like 50 off of mixtapes and think these majors goin put in the proper promo to back them and when the major fucks up these artists fall back and start working on the album again. These LA dudes are mostly the ones that do that...honestly jus straight up lazy depending on a major, they need get on that bay mentality n just put their own shit out indie style....a lot of these rappers are wastin money n time just by giving a lot of this shit out for free, instead of giving a street album for free they should be working on puttin out a retail album.Fuck a mixtape and just put out a album already

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
I still purchase albums. If it is quality material I will buy it. From wherever.
My point is that there ARE west coast artists that drop quality material, free or for sale, that people overlook.
I am just tired of this the coast is dead talk just because a few people on the net's favorite artists are not putting a album out.
There is more to the west then just a handful of artists that continuously get talked about on the net.

+10  ;)

Yeah the when is Spider, or No Country For Old Men and others threads don't do shit for the coast. It helps, but one person or group putting a album out is still not going to do anything for the coast. It is a collective effort and there are MANY west coast artists that consistently put good material out that get overlooked all the time.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »
I still purchase albums. If it is quality material I will buy it. From wherever.
My point is that there ARE west coast artists that drop quality material, free or for sale, that people overlook.
I am just tired of this the coast is dead talk just because a few people on the net's favorite artists are not putting a album out.
There is more to the west then just a handful of artists that continuously get talked about on the net.

+10  ;)

Yeah the when is Spider, or No Country For Old Men and others threads don't do shit for the coast. It helps, but one person or group putting a album out is still not going to do anything for the coast. It is a collective effort and there are MANY west coast artists that consistently put good material out that get overlooked all the time.

You know what,we should really try to ignore these bullshit threads.
They're not going to learn anyway....  :-[

I can't help it, I am heated tonight. Fucked up week got to take it out on the forums. LMAO!

dameons

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
We're 2 Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype !!!!!!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »
LOL!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »

Where did I say that? I still purchase albums. If it is quality material I will buy it. From wherever. My point is that there ARE west coast artists that drop quality material, free or for sale, that people overlook. I am just tired of this the coast is dead talk just because a few people on the net's favorite artists are not putting a album out. There is more to the west then just a handful of artists that continuously get talked about on the net.
yeah we didn't state that.

we are just criticising the music listeners that complain, but don't look past the border