Author Topic: Rumor?: Bishop dropped (NEW Information?)  (Read 983 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rumor?: Bishop dropped (NEW Information?)
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 06:36:47 AM »
As of pretty much 95% Aftermath artists, I predict that 1) His album wont drop and 2) He will eventually leave like the many others. Game really only made it 'cause of G-Units hype at the time, and signing to them....otherwise he would have probably been another Aftermath casualty.

So I think unless moves are made very soon, (from track record, not holding my breath) this news would not surprise me the slightest, if its not or another 2 years.

^^
Gotta agree with what you said there. Though I do wish he gets to put that record out.

The Math and Interscope are fucking up royal though - they've spent years crafting the big sellers' new records in order to build up the sales momentum they used to have - then have the next dude in line (right now - Bishop) ride that wave. But the momentum never builds like it should - and it won't if they keep sticking to the old single & sales patterns they have. Meanwhile the new artist in the sidelines is releasing mixtapes and building up his own hype to make it bubble bubble bubble - only to have it die down slowly when the promised album never comes. Bishop is a prime example - dude has put in major work to build up his name. He already has a steady fanbase in place, they just need a chart single and put out the damn record. The hype for him is there, Interscope/Math are just out of touch and blind to it.

I mean, 50 had made his own hype before he got signed. They utilized that then, why not now?

Pulling the "Grow Up" single off radio was a weird move too. :loco: The hell was up with that?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »
As of pretty much 95% Aftermath artists, I predict that 1) His album wont drop and 2) He will eventually leave like the many others. Game really only made it 'cause of G-Units hype at the time, and signing to them....otherwise he would have probably been another Aftermath casualty.

So I think unless moves are made very soon, (from track record, not holding my breath) this news would not surprise me the slightest, if its not or another 2 years.

^^
Gotta agree with what you said there. Though I do wish he gets to put that record out.

The Math and Interscope are fucking up royal though - they've spent years crafting the big sellers' new records in order to build up the sales momentum they used to have - then have the next dude in line (right now - Bishop) ride that wave. But the momentum never builds like it should - and it won't if they keep sticking to the old single & sales patterns they have. Meanwhile the new artist in the sidelines is releasing mixtapes and building up his own hype to make it bubble bubble bubble - only to have it die down slowly when the promised album never comes. Bishop is a prime example - dude has put in major work to build up his name. He already has a steady fanbase in place, they just need a chart single and put out the damn record. The hype for him is there, Interscope/Math are just out of touch and blind to it.

I mean, 50 had made his own hype before he got signed. They utilized that then, why not now?

Pulling the "Grow Up" single off radio was a weird move too. :loco: The hell was up with that?

aftermath won't last long T-Dogg ;)

Elano

dre-day are you gay ?
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 06:40:51 AM »
dre day do you prefer dre's muscles or bishop's ?

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: dre-day are you gay ?
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »
dre day do you prefer dre's muscles or bishop's ?

idk i'd say dre's thier ripe with age, lol!
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »
A lot of sites are saying dude got dropped but he's trying to save face.  They need an official representative to make a statement.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Robert Smalls

• Lil Geezy
  • "Fuck the opposition"
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:56:18 AM »
who gives a shiit..bishop is the gayest of the gayest...i bet bishop wouldnt run up on anotha nigga like he went to the poor lil dj house and punked em...bishop !! muscles dont help you win fights..its pure skill and heart..and you talk like you got the heart of a mouse....

DEKO

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 09:05:43 AM »
http://www.rapradar.com/True-Story/rr-exclusive-bishop-lamont-is-no-longer-aftermath-confirmed.html

A very reliable source at Interscope Records spoke to the good folks at Aftermath Entertainment and DJ Vlad has been vindicated: Bishop Lamont is no longer a part of Aftermath. Enjoy your day.

don't know should I believe this, since Bishop just said he is still an Aftermath artist... I hope it's not true

HAHAHAHAHAHHA! ;D

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
who gives a shiit..bishop is the gayest of the gayest...i bet bishop wouldnt run up on anotha nigga like he went to the poor lil dj house and punked em...bishop !! muscles dont help you win fights..its pure skill and heart..and you talk like you got the heart of a mouse....

Right cause he's the one crying on video footage.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks