Author Topic: Sir Jinx and Dr. Dre!!  (Read 1703 times)

jonathandubcnn

Sir Jinx and Dr. Dre!!
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »

Two elephants in the room -- actually, in a Los Angeles recording studio -- as Sir Jinx has officially teamed up with Dr. Dre for some new music. These two legendary producers are working together for the very first time in over two decades!

Obviously, Jinx and Dre have a long time history together as personal friends and through their families, but this is officially their very first one-on-one musical collaboration. Dubcnn will keep you up to date with this historical and groundbreaking news.

In the meantime, check out the introspective, 3-part exclusive interview Chad Kiser did with Sir Jinx last year for Dubcnn, below:

Sir Jinx: Part One

Sir Jinx: Part Two

Sir Jinx: Part Three

Make sure you visit Sir Jinx on his official MySpace and Stay tuned to Dubcnn for the latest updates on Sir Jinx and Dr Dre!

Hit me up at my Myspace MySpace too!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:23:47 PM by jonathandubcnn »

kuruptDPG

Re: Sir Jinx and Dr. Dre!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »
finally they work 2gethr. ther cousins right? sir jinx is a dope producer, hope he works with ice cube again, anyone for that matter, we need some jinx shit.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
this is big!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »
This could amount to something special. 8)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
jinx's last trak was i think was done in 2005 for kurupt's against tha grain, Stalkin was the shit though.

but why did it take so long for them to work togethr even though ther cousins, makes them look stupid in a way lol

thanks for dropping the news

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »
I'm sure Dre is gonna produce some garbage when  it's done. Jinx better of doing that track by himself. If it's gonna sound li e any of those Detox leaks I don't wanna hear it.

***Cough, sarcasm***
Hehe, what's a thread with Dre name without a lil hate. Lol.

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »
This is a good look period, for the music industry.  8)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »
This is a good look period, for the music industry.  8)

yes but will it go down? if yes then will it do good? i hope it will

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 03:15:56 PM »
Good news

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »
this is good news for them i guess  ;)

honestly, there no reason for me to get excited.
i'm curious though, but i need audio first to get excited

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
From hiphopdx.com

Through their mothers, two of Los Angeles' most accomplished producers are working together for the first time in their respective 25-plus year careers. Sir Jinx, known for producing classic albums for Ice Cube [click to read] (Death Certificate), Kool G Rap & DJ Polo [click to read] (Live & Let Die) and WC & The Maad Circle (Ain't A Damn Thang Changed) has linked up with family friend, Hip Hop's most super-star producer, Dr. Dre.

Jinx' publicists Jonathan Hay and Chad Kiser exclusively shared with HipHopDX, their inititial interview footage of the producer explaining how in the last two months, history has been made. "I haven't seen [Dr. Dre] in maybe six or seven years," began Jinx, who did help produce Kurupt's Against Tha Grain, the last release Death Row Records put out. The reunion came courtesy of family. "I have to put it on my mama. 'Cause my mama deals with his mama. They've been friends for [many years]. My mama does a lot of stuff with my auntie (Dr. Dre's mother), because my auntie is rich as fuck now! [Laughs] My mom always invites me to the, 'Well, Dre's having something at the house.' Who wants to go around that?"

Admittedly, the accomplished producer responsible for hits such as "No Vaseline," "Once Upon A Time In The Projects" and "Edge of Sanity," was hoping to get up with his production peer on different terms. "I wanted them to come to my environment, so I'd never go there," said Jinx. He revealed, "Nobody goes to Dre's house. Even people that work for Dre don't know where Dre lives. Nobody knows where Dre lives, matter of fact. That's how it is."

At the get-together, the old friends got to talking about music, and Dr. Dre played Jinx some reported work from both Eminem's Relapse sessions, as well as 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct. "It was sounding crazy! They on some Kanye-devilish music. It's kind of spacey, but it's Dr. Dre notes. Amazing!" Jinx revealed more, "It's almost like Marvin Gaye music, where there's really not no metric, not no rhythmic pattern, playing all that. And he says, 'I know you got some music?' I didn't come there to play music, but you know I always got some music." The casual producer talk allowed Jinx, who like Dr. Dre, has released little in the last five years, to unveil what he calls his "pistols." "I'm a warrior; I walk around with pistols just so I know I'll kill anything."

With a trip to the car, Jinx's work impressed Dre. "One of the beats I played, he was like, 'I like that beat. That beat is hot!' I gave him the CD." Although Sir Jinx was acted to mix the record, he is yet unsure what will be done with it. "It's a hard track," is all the South Central-born producer says for now.

When it's come to mixing the record, Jinx also revealed a bit that Dr. Dre has delayed the session repeatedly, due to his own recent birthday, and other engagements. Understanding of the fact, Jinx says that, "He don't have no manager, no advisor." The producer then says this fact may be one of the reasons that Dr. Dre is a true artist at a time where industry politics have hurt the craft of music-making.

The early Ice Cube producer also stated that he's already been paid, a credit to Dr. Dre's old school and far more respectable business practices. "Niggas ain't passin' out checks no more. You can buy in bulk now," said an appreciative Jinx. 

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 06:25:27 PM »
I hope this is the first of many years of westcoast dominance to come

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Matty

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
interesting to hear some comments on what dre's new material might sound like on upcoming releases. i'm hoping it's gonna be crazy 8) especially ems album that is 'coming soon' will be a chance to really judge where dre is at. it should be close to dre's current a-game production. i never liked eminem but he can spit and especially on dope production its acceptable music.

on the other hand if its dodgy in any way (like that awful 'i get it in' joint that suspciously fits the desciption of what the new sound might resemble) i'll be tearing it apart and getting dissed on by all the dre groupies :laugh:

peace!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 12:22:56 AM »
interesting to hear some comments on what dre's new material might sound like on upcoming releases. i'm hoping it's gonna be crazy 8) especially ems album that is 'coming soon' will be a chance to really judge where dre is at. it should be close to dre's current a-game production. i never liked eminem but he can spit and especially on dope production its acceptable music.

on the other hand if its dodgy in any way (like that awful 'i get it in' joint that suspciously fits the desciption of what the new sound might resemble) i'll be tearing it apart and getting dissed on by all the dre groupies :laugh:

peace!
ok  :laugh:

just don't expect Dre to walk on water  ;)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 01:00:36 AM »
I always wondered about Dre and Jinx being cousins. Seems like they aren't blood cousins but more like cousins in the sense that their mothers are as close as sisters like my old man's close friends were like my uncles and my friends would be like uncles to my kids.

peace!

I'm just hoping it's better than "Encore". I enjoyed probably half of the tracks on Encore which is more than most people so if this new record is better than the best stuff off of that album, I'll be pleased. My big thing with Em is it seems that everything since "8 Mile" when he started fucking with 50 has been more flow-oriented and tended to be more hardcore stuff. When he tried comedic stuff, it seemed uninspired. It was more songs about farting and whole rhymes performed as the insult dog from Conan O'Brien.