Author Topic: What do you expect from Malice in Wonderland??  (Read 597 times)

Rick McCrank

Re: What do you expect from Malice in Wonderland??
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »
I expect the usual from Snoop since "Tha Last Meal"

about 7 good tracks for his "original" fans and 14 pieces of shit he makes for some invisible commercial type audience...

it's funny because if he just did what he does best it would probably sell more

instead he thinks he has to get all creative and crazy and it does nothing to help sales

his last album had a few good ones, but overall it was targeted at people who don't even exist... he needs to smarten up

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »
3 Great tracks, 4 Good ones, 7 Decent tracks and 4 absolute piece of shit tracks.
That is what I expect, hopefully there is great track with Dre actualy rappin on it.

lol...It's funny 'cause it's true.

yeah that is pretty much the norm for snoop albums ever since top dogg

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 04:03:46 PM »
i like that "snoop dogg millionare" song about as much as the turd is flushed in the toilet an hour ago, lol.

if snoop wouldve made the indian sounding beat something similar to the "holocaust 3000" beat by kurupt, eastwood & gail gotti, then it couldve worked.
holocause 3000 had a pretty dope beat.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gCbsf-flNzI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gCbsf-flNzI</a>
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:34:36 PM by ironmike »

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
3 Great tracks, 4 Good ones, 7 Decent tracks and 4 absolute piece of shit tracks.
That is what I expect, hopefully there is great track with Dre actualy rappin on it.

lol...It's funny 'cause it's true.

yeah that is pretty much the norm for snoop albums ever since top dogg

Yep.  Pretty much.  Top Dogg, despite being a No Limit album, I thought was a pretty solid album.  But after that....I don't know.  It's all been kind of a mixed bag.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 04:13:12 PM »
for some reason, snoop always wants to go against the music formula that works, like the westcoast gangsta funk music, and instead be on some experimental soundin shyt, which will lead to his demise saleswise, but he still keeps makin this silly music even tho his last album sales showed that he couldnt even go gold.

his last album had a few good ones, but overall it was targeted at people who don't even exist... he needs to smarten up
haha, fa real man. i couldnt agree more.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:21:13 PM by ironmike »

JohnnyL

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
for some reason, snoop always wants to go against the music formula that works, like the westcoast gangsta funk music, and instead be on some experimental soundin shyt, which will lead to his demise saleswise, but he still keeps makin this silly music even tho his last album sales showed that he couldnt even go gold.

haha, fa real man. i couldnt agree more.

I know what you mean man.  I applaud him for being innovative and wanting to trying new things, but at the end of the day, you gotta go with what works.  I don't expect him to turn out records that sound exactly like Doggystyle.  But at the same time, he doesn't have to turn out weird-ass pop songs that sound like they're from Mars either.  I was listening to the first Eastsidaz album the other day, and Snoop sounded pretty damn tight on that.  What happened to that Snoop?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »
damn is there a different version of this?
i thought i might have heard a different version or maybe its jus been a few years since i last heard it?
either way its dope and the middle eastern feel is dope

but damn kurupt and tha row went in on snoop/soopafly etc..

i like that "snoop dogg millionare" song about as much as the turd is flushed in the toilet an hour ago, lol.

if snoop wouldve made the indian sounding beat something similar to the "holocaust 3000" beat by kurupt, eastwood & gail gotti, then it couldve worked.
holocause 3000 had a pretty dope beat.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gCbsf-flNzI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gCbsf-flNzI</a>

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 10:04:03 PM »
from my knowledge thats how it always sounded

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »
I'm just thinking to myself....... if you don't like anything that's so called "non-gangsta" by Snoop Dogg that's been put out since 96', then why do you call yourself a fan or a supporter of the movement?  If Snoop hasn't pleased you as a listener of Hip Hop, let alone a Snoop Dogg fan since Da Game... album then why do you still even play those Eastsida or DeathRow songs/records, you might as well play MC Hammer's or MC Serch's records and walk around town with a Vanilla Ice is real hip hop t-shirts.

R3ally, you should just ask yourself, are you a "fly by night" fan of hip hop or a true fan of hip hop/music?  You should do more to represent what type of fan you are of hip hop (in those two categories) by talking less and showing more (no complaints or constructive criticism).  

If you ask me or any other person in the street/suburb what a good record is, they wouldn't stray too much of what's already been put out by artist (single or album material).  Bloggers have no groud in 09' and beyond... tooo many asshole opinions.

The Doggstyle, Doggfather, Eastsidaz Snoop Doggy Dogg never left, you just aren't listening.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:10:48 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »
aite thats waz up

from my knowledge thats how it always sounded
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »
Seriously though, if you claim to have even heard 90% of Hip Hop records on wax and digital audio and still call it (Hip Hop) wack or whatever other lingo you can think of then maybe you're just wack and lame and bitchmade and a sucka all rolled into 1 and then some...  There's no way in 09' a Hip Hop fan can call himself a Hop Hop fan and still overly express himself/herself as to why they have a different opinion that holds more ground/intelligence/seniority over any other fan of hip hop or music and still call a nigga like OJ Da Juice Man or D4L or Soulja Boy the Anti-Rap Superstars.  Like I've said b4 (and i stand by what I say), you're either a racist or extremely prejudice. 

http://www.xvideos.com/video91159/massive_gaping!_3_part2

This new Snoop Dogg record is the shit (besides the Snoop Dogg Millionaire hook), and if you can't dig it then somebody needs to dig in ya bitch and that's wat it is...!!!

JohnnyL

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »
I'm just thinking to myself....... if you don't like anything that's so called "non-gangsta" by Snoop Dogg that's been put out since 96', then why do you call yourself a fan or a supporter of the movement?  If Snoop hasn't pleased you as a listener of Hip Hop, let alone a Snoop Dogg fan since Da Game... album then why do you still even play those Eastsida or DeathRow songs/records, you might as well play MC Hammer's or MC Serch's records and walk around town with a Vanilla Ice is real hip hop t-shirts.

R3ally, you should just ask yourself, are you a "fly by night" fan of hip hop or a true fan of hip hop/music?  You should do more to represent what type of fan you are of hip hop (in those two categories) by talking less and showing more (no complaints or constructive criticism).  

If you ask me or any other person in the street/suburb what a good record is, they wouldn't stray too much of what's already been put out by artist (single or album material).  Bloggers have no groud in 09' and beyond... tooo many asshole opinions.

The Doggstyle, Doggfather, Eastsidaz Snoop Doggy Dogg never left, you just aren't listening.

Wow.  You seem really offended by one person's opinion of  Snoop Dogg's music. (And not one that I thought was overly critical, either.)  If you read my earlier post in this thread, I said my opinion was that this Snoop album would probably be a mixed bag.  Meaning that it would probably have some good tracks and some okay tracks, and yes, probably at least a few that would be sub-par. I also said that I applaud Snoop for trying new things.  Because as a fan, I don't want or expect to hear Snoop try to make another Doggystyle.  He did that album already.  I'm not sure, but it seems you're trying to assert that I made some indication that I only like three Snoop Dogg albums (one being the Eastsidaz).  On the contrary, I'm very fond of "No Limit Top Dogg." I like a good portion of "Da Game is to Be Sold..." and "Snoop Dogg Death Row Dead Man Walkin'.  And though I haven't mentioned the album at all in this thread, yes I do like the "Doggfather" album.  
 On the other hand, if you think because I like west coast rap or more specifically Snoop's music, that I'm obligated to like every single song Snoop makes, let me just say that that will never happen.  There are some Snoop songs that I just don't care for.  And that's not intended as disrespect to Snoop.  Mine is not the only opinion, and some of the Snoop songs that don't work for me, may work for others.  I accept that. But there isn't any artist working in any medium that would tell you they think they have a 100% perfect body of work. (Or maybe there is, but they'd be lying).  
 My point is that, having purchased every Snoop Dogg album from Doggystyle on, I have given a lot of thought to my opinion.  And while I don't expect others to share it, I'd appreciate if they respected it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »

Wow.  You seem really offended by one person's opinion of  Snoop Dogg's music. (And not one that I thought was overly critical, either.)  If you read my earlier post in this thread, I said my opinion was that this Snoop album would probably be a mixed bag.  Meaning that it would probably have some good tracks and some okay tracks, and yes, probably at least a few that would be sub-par. I also said that I applaud Snoop for trying new things.  Because as a fan, I don't want or expect to hear Snoop try to make another Doggystyle.  He did that album already.  I'm not sure, but it seems you're trying to assert that I made some indication that I only like three Snoop Dogg albums (one being the Eastsidaz).  On the contrary, I'm very fond of "No Limit Top Dogg." I like a good portion of "Da Game is to Be Sold..." and "Snoop Dogg Death Row Dead Man Walkin'.  And though I haven't mentioned the album at all in this thread, yes I do like the "Doggfather" album.  
 On the other hand, if you think because I like west coast rap or more specifically Snoop's music, that I'm obligated to like every single song Snoop makes, let me just say that that will never happen.  There are some Snoop songs that I just don't care for.  And that's not intended as disrespect to Snoop.  Mine is not the only opinion, and some of the Snoop songs that don't work for me, may work for others.  I accept that. But there isn't any artist working in any medium that would tell you they think they have a 100% perfect body of work. (Or maybe there is, but they'd be lying).  
 My point is that, having purchased every Snoop Dogg album from Doggystyle on, I have given a lot of thought to my opinion.  And while I don't expect others to share it, I'd appreciate if they respected it.

1st off all i wasn't even talking to you, i didn't even read your post from wat i remember.      All I Know is what I'm about to write applies to any and everybody, if you're still holding on to those old Tribe records and old Gangstarr and Rakim records and still feel like you own the only genuine pieces of hip hop then you're a "fly by nighter" and you're not a true fan of this music.  You're not official if you think that Hip Hop before 2003 is the only "Real" version of Hip Hop.  You might as well stick to downloading bcuz you will never be satisfied (AND you will never stop looking like a bitch).

http://www.xvideos.com/video90973/massive_gaping!_3_part1

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

1st off all i wasn't even talking to you, i didn't even read your post from wat i remember.      All I Know is what I'm about to write applies to any and everybody, if you're still holding on to those old Tribe records and old Gangstarr and Rakim records and still feel like you own the only genuine pieces of hip hop then you're a "fly by nighter" and you're not a true fan of this music.  You're not official if you think that Hip Hop before 2003 is the only "Real" version of Hip Hop.  You might as well stick to downloading bcuz you will never be satisfied (AND you will never stop looking like a bitch).

http://www.xvideos.com/video90973/massive_gaping!_3_part1

My bad.  I thought you were talking to me because you made reference to the Eastsidaz album, which I had just commented on.  I'm not even trying to start a fight, I don't have the inclination to go back and forth with anyone over this right now.  Particularly someone who wasn't even adressing me.  I apologize.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »
RadioTube!_301 ,...

i dont know who you're referring to with those posts, but i've liked all snoop's albums up to and including tha last meal.
all snoop's solo albums from "paid tha coast" and onwards have been wack.
there's been a couple good songs here and there on these newer solo albums, but thats it. most of it has been horrible.
i liked snoop on tha eastsidaz group albums, and on the 213 album.
and there's been snoop songs here and there that has been released or leaked over the last 6 years, and some of those songs i like.

you see, i know snoop can make dope music if he wants to, but he chooses his new albums to be on some experiemental retarded shyt, to try and show his innovation i guess, and you know what,.... its wack.

"slum dogg millionare" is a fukkin wack ass track.
snoops raps are pretty good on it, but the beat and chorus suck donkeys balls.

RadioTube!_301 , its apparent you got wack taste in music if you think this track is hot, or you're just a dikkriding groupie cheerleader snoop fan who will say anything that snoop releases is dope.
REAL fans will not do this. real fans will not pretend they like something they dont. they will voice their opinion to their objection of the song, so snoop can make better music next time. its called positive criticism. its BECAUSE i'm a fan of snoop's music, that i criticise this song. i dont want him to put out wack music.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:56:24 PM by ironmike »