Author Topic: Japan eliminates Team USA...  (Read 255 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Japan eliminates Team USA...
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
 :-\ :-X :baseballbat:

this shit is fucked up.  we have the best players in the world, and cant even get to the finals.   dont get me wrong, japan has a fucking hell of a team, but we have the better players in the mlb, imo.

if the USA ever puts ALL the best players we have, we would go undefeated in the tourny.   8)

that'll never happen tho...whether it be cause of injuries, egos, personal reasons, or the club prohibiting the player from being in the WBC....or because of the manager that needs to make all these big egos happy and give them playing time instead of trying to win.   >:(

i guess we'll never know what its like to win the WBC....maybe we should just rename it to the World Baseball Classic That Some Asian Team Will Win - Mostly Likely Japan.  WBCTSATWWMLJ 2012. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

Re: Japan eliminates Team USA...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
Another big factor is I think the Japanese leagues are just ending when the WBC starts while most of our players are just starting to get into playing shape.  The Japanese teams are already in baseball playing shape.  Plus they actually care about the WBC

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
Another big factor is I think the Japanese leagues are just ending when the WBC starts while most of our players are just starting to get into playing shape.  The Japanese teams are already in baseball playing shape.  Plus they actually care about the WBC

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
I think both of those reasons are obvious factors, but the biggest thing is how fundamentally sound Japan was. They were spraying the ball around the field like it was fungo, and didn't make the big mistakes to kill themselves. The other thing this showed was how overrated Derek Jeter is. I've always liked him as a player, but he was the worst hitter in the U.S. lineup through the whole series, and he also had a costly error in tonight's game. I understand that he is the leader and the face of the team, but he had a bad series. I will admit, the WBC did actually get interesting, and now it's about time to bring on baseball season.  8)
I got a bird's eye view

herpes

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »
I think both of those reasons are obvious factors, but the biggest thing is how fundamentally sound Japan was. They were spraying the ball around the field like it was fungo, and didn't make the big mistakes to kill themselves. The other thing this showed was how overrated Derek Jeter is. I've always liked him as a player, but he was the worst hitter in the U.S. lineup through the whole series, and he also had a costly error in tonight's game. I understand that he is the leader and the face of the team, but he had a bad series. I will admit, the WBC did actually get interesting, and now it's about time to bring on baseball season.  8)

Jeter was a very good to great player but has always been criminally overrated.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »
The game was embarrassing to watch, Oswalt was a joke out there. The problem obviously stems from the fact that Team USA doesn't care, hopefully it might change in the years to come once they finally feel like representing their nation.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:07:48 AM »
they should eliminate team USA from the WBC

lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:06:23 AM »
Baseball hasn't been the USA's for a while now. (Sad stuff really)
Fundamentals, That's the key to baseball.

(Basketball is next, The NKOTB's need to learn how to dribble & pass before thinking about that 360)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »
Baseball hasn't been the USA's for a while now. (Sad stuff really)
Fundamentals, That's the key to baseball.

(Basketball is next, The NKOTB's need to learn how to dribble & pass before thinking about that 360)

the US's best athletes are going to football and basketball ahead of baseball for the most part.  baseball pays more but yet they go to the other 2 for some reason haha.

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 10:57:43 AM »
the US's best athletes are going to football and basketball ahead of baseball for the most part.  baseball pays more but yet they go to the other 2 for some reason haha.

True, Check the HW division in Boxing.... :-X

the ghost

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »
The US team is not even in shape yet, and don't really take this classic seriously.  While the teams without a lot of MLB stars this is the biggest thing for them and their countries.  US will never be the true force it could be, and especially if you look at the player base in the MLB, a lot of the greats are not from the U.S. anyways.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
CC
Lincy
Tex

just a few of the many Americans who didnt participate. :grumpy:

not even tryna sound OD cocky, but if we tried we would win, easy.

you got players scared to get injured, which it should be, your being paid tens of millions of dollars to play for your MLB team.

Japan, Korea & Cuba have been practicing for the WBC since the last one ended lol.

but Japan is a nasty team & i think they repeat tonight. 8)

herpes

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »

Not true, b/c the Japanese and Korean team play a fundamentally sound game the American can only dream of playing.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:22 PM »

Not true, b/c the Japanese and Korean team play a fundamentally sound game the American can only dream of playing.

ok, maybe not easy; but we would win.

they play team ball & do all the little small things right & have great chemistry, but bottom line, if we got our best players, playing there all & just leaving it all out there, we cant lose IMO lol.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »
The excuse of "If we cared, we would win" are incorrect. At first, some of the managerial moves made it seem unimportant, and maybe the players weren't giving it their all at the beginning of the series. But that game last night, they were playing as hard as they could, it was obvious. U.S. baseball relies too much on power hitting, but we all know that the best pitching usually wins. If we get a few more players to join and get time to practice together it will improve our chances, but this wasn't a loss due to lack of effort.
I got a bird's eye view