Author Topic: So how was that Westcoast Show in Amsterdam ?  (Read 1300 times)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Re: So how was that Westcoast Show in Amsterdam ?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »
Had a great night!

DPG rocked hard, Xzibit was the highlight of the night for me, really got the crowd going as well. E-40 seemed to think everybody knew the lyrics of his songs (or at least his dj did), but he should have known better imo. Now half of the time the dj cut out the sound for the audience to shout the lyrics, but it was just silence everytime.. Also during 40's performance i wasnt paying attention for a minute and when i looked back up to the stage everybody was gone haha, weird.
I really expected more of Dj Muggs, he screwed up with constant badly timed beat juggling and scratching. The rest of the show was pure QUALITY and yeah, I was feeling my legs at the end of the show, damn!

DPG4EVA

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
no shit, dj muggs started with his stuff @ 8, followed by dpg for an hour, e-40 for an hour, too short for more than one hour, xzibit one hour and ice cub and wc about one and a half hour.

lol, a bunch of washed up rappers still trying to get some shyne..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
Who else was there? I'm gonna upload pictures soon!

Elano

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »
in short, dope, dpg/e-40/dj muggs/too short/xzibit/ice cube & WC, about 6 hours, lots of fucking songs.

6 hours ? :o

no shit, dj muggs started with his stuff @ 8, followed by dpg for an hour, e-40 for an hour, too short for more than one hour, xzibit one hour and ice cub and wc about one and a half hour.

dj muggs for just half an hour ?
1 hour of e-40 must be pretty boring.
the change of location is strange with all these big names,from te heineken music hall to the melkweg ?  :loco:

Not really. Westcoast rap is not that big over here. And the promo sucked. I'm glad they changed locations. The vibe was great!
Ok but the dogg pound ice cube and xzibit alone should sell out the heineken arena.....

Elano

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

I really expected more of Dj Muggs, he screwed up with constant badly timed beat juggling and scratching. The rest of the show was pure QUALITY and yeah, I was feeling my legs at the end of the show, damn!

he was probably tooooooooo fuckin high  ;D 8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
There was so much fuckin' weed around, it was ridicolous. In the backstage, different coffee shop owners and growers and shit were coming in just giving everybody weed and space cookies. The weed was bein used like it was chips or some shit, just layin around in bowls and people digging in lol.

'EclipZe

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »
There was so much fuckin' weed around, it was ridicolous. In the backstage, different coffee shop owners and growers and shit were coming in just giving everybody weed and space cookies. The weed was bein used like it was chips or some shit, just layin around in bowls and people digging in lol.

you did some interviews also? Or is it just gonna be a large recap of the night? would love to see it again hehe

~Lucien~

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »

hahaha

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »

you did some interviews also? Or is it just gonna be a large recap of the night? would love to see it again hehe

We got a bunch of footage man. The promoters hooked us up with rooms in the same hotel as the artists so we got some cool footage there too, and we got almost the entire show on tape, exept cube's part, we could'nt film that cause they were taping for a DVD.

Other than that expect a mix of backstage footage, smoking footage, drops and concert footage.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:55 PM »

We got a bunch of footage man. The promoters hooked us up with rooms in the same hotel as the artists so we got some cool footage there too, and we got almost the entire show on tape, exept cube's part, we could'nt film that cause they were taping for a DVD.

Other than that expect a mix of backstage footage, smoking footage, drops and concert footage.

and the freestyle video if everything goes right  8)

yo where pancho at? he's probably back at eating the space cake  ;D
the most used line of the night was "yo i'm so fuckin high man"
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:22 PM »
Haha yeah man.

You gotta recover that freestyle video, daz and kurupt dropped some freestyles over Dogg Food beats rapping about dubcnn and shit... The disc it was recorded on has an error but we're hoping we can recover it...

DEKO

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
I was there too. It was a great night! ;D I was hanging the whole night at the fence of the soundman (in the back)! ;D
The only thing that was fucked up for me is that I missed Tha Doggpound. When I came in, E-40 was already on the stage. >:( :(

I think E-40 sucked big time! I really don't like him and his music.

The rest was fucking great! :o ;D Thanx for the good service (with the tickets at the DubCnn booth)! ;) ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:40:26 PM by DEKO »

Nils

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »
The Show was off the muthafuckin' hook!  ;D

Daz & Kurupt burned down the Melkweg. Best live performance i've ever seen, and that's for real!

The rest of the lineup also came up with some sick performances, but Tha Pound was outstanding yesterday!

What a night man...  8)

"Ima shut faggots down, especially muthafuckas with that gay-ass production  new millenium homo sound"

arubiano83

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
yeah the show was tight as hell

the only problem was that the doggpound came out first...so 90% of my energy was gone after the first show ;D they rocked hard...and kurupt looked happy as hell haha
they shout out nate dogg and performed *real soon*..and i really felt like they need to get back together...real soon!
e40 was cool too....he performed lots of newschool songs..but hey..this is the t-pain generation right?!..kurupt and daz were with 40 on stage gettin'their *thizz* on  8)
WTF was up with that white textmessaging bitch on stage..... ??? ??? that was like the dumbest thing...ever
they brought sum bitches on stage to shake a lil something..and that bitch came up and just stood there...textmassaging for like 10 minutes straight:S

too short was fucked up or wasted...it looked like he forgot the lyrics of the first verse of *choosin'*..(his first time in amsterdam;))
i'm not really a too short fan like I am of the rest..so that was the right moment for me to buy like..10beer..for the next 2 acts (x cube) x did his thing again..and he brought young de and jerry roll with him...young de is really making big moves..from kurupt to b real and now on stage with xzibit...keep it up

cube was the shit as usual.and wc flowed his ass of accapella.....it looked like cube wanted every rapper on stage...but some were gone or to fucked up...too short came up for like 3 seconds drunk n high like a mutha..and left lol

Mista Rosa

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »

they shout out nate dogg and performed *real soon*..and i really felt like they need to get back together...real soon!

props to them nate did big things for tha dogg pound.. can't wait to see pictures and video of the show..
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."