Author Topic: cutler to bears  (Read 261 times)

westsiderider323

Re: cutler to bears
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
i unno i think the bears could surprise this year now that they got a qb they can relye on
plus thats not the strongest division..with a reliable QB and a good young RB, I say the Bears win the division next year.

i say they gettin at least 10 wins this up comin season

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »
number 18 this year, and next year chicago goes to playoffs so itll be even worse, and orton does suck
nothin wrong with 18..my titans got Chris Johnson at 24..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »
i unno i think the bears could surprise this year now that they got a qb they can relye on
plus thats not the strongest division..with a reliable QB and a good young RB, I say the Bears win the division next year.

i say they gettin at least 10 wins this up comin season

In that division 10 wins is always a possibility for any team in it. They need a new offense. Throw Cutler into last year's Bears and they still suck.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
^^I disagree, last year they were 1 game out of the playoffs, and Orton went into a bad slump around the time of his injury. Their offense still wouldn't have been great, but with a capable QB they could have been much better on 3rd downs and easily been a playoff team. They could use help on the O-Line and more options at WR, but Cutler should be able to help them stretch the field with Hester and utilize TE Greg Olsen a lot more. Franchise QB's aren't easy to come by, when you have a chance at one, you take him.
I got a bird's eye view

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
^^I disagree, last year they were 1 game out of the playoffs, and Orton went into a bad slump around the time of his injury. Their offense still wouldn't have been great, but with a capable QB they could have been much better on 3rd downs and easily been a playoff team. They could use help on the O-Line and more options at WR, but Cutler should be able to help them stretch the field with Hester and utilize TE Greg Olsen a lot more. Franchise QB's aren't easy to come by, when you have a chance at one, you take him.

Orton played very well in all of their close losses. The only game I say they may have won with Cutler is against Tampa. I had forgotten they were 9-7 ad a 10-6 team made the playoffs. Best case scenario is they would have been the ones getting beat up by Philly in the playoffs.

Keep in mind that Cutler may be a lot better when he's on than Orton but he also has a the Favre like ability to throw the game away with one poorly placed throw at the wrong time. So Philly, Minnesota, or Green Bay may have been able to get to him on those close wins Chicago had.

Suck was a strong word chosen by me as well. The Bears didn't suck last year with out Cutler so they won't suck with him but they wouldn't have been any better. Making the playoffs in a shit division doesn't make you a good team in my eyes. There were several AFC teams a lot better than the Chargers last year and none of them made the cut.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 12:41:57 AM »

Orton played very well in all of their close losses. The only game I say they may have won with Cutler is against Tampa. I had forgotten they were 9-7 ad a 10-6 team made the playoffs. Best case scenario is they would have been the ones getting beat up by Philly in the playoffs.

Keep in mind that Cutler may be a lot better when he's on than Orton but he also has a the Favre like ability to throw the game away with one poorly placed throw at the wrong time. So Philly, Minnesota, or Green Bay may have been able to get to him on those close wins Chicago had.

Suck was a strong word chosen by me as well. The Bears didn't suck last year with out Cutler so they won't suck with him but they wouldn't have been any better. Making the playoffs in a shit division doesn't make you a good team in my eyes. There were several AFC teams a lot better than the Chargers last year and none of them made the cut.

I agree that Cutler does try to force too much stuff at inopportune times (end of last year's San Diego game was ridiculous: the ref's call was bad, but why did he fumble??), but Orton got too much credit last year. Look at the game against Minnesota, he threw at least 2 interceptions right to the defense, not trying to force anything, just a horrible recognition of coverages. Cutler is a lot of hit and miss, Orton is mostly miss. And the big thing: Do you feel you can win a Super Bowl with Orton? That D would have to be great, but with Cutler at QB, you give yourself a chance for many years.
I got a bird's eye view