Author Topic: Ras Kass Secures May Release Date From Prison  (Read 497 times)

Elano

Ras Kass Secures May Release Date From Prison
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »
After nearly 2 years of incarceration, West Coast lyricist Ras Kass is set to be released from jail late next month.

Frequent producer/collaborator Domingo told AllHipHop.com that Ras Kass is scheduled to be freed on May 29.

The rapper, real name John Austin IV, was jailed in 2007 for violating his parole by flying to Atlanta and attending the annual BET Awards.

Authorities became aware of Kass’ move when he was seen freestyling in “Cipher 3” with Joell Ortiz, Flo, and Cassidy.

Ras Kass’ issues with the law have been a career hindrance for the last 6 years.

After months on the run, Ras Kass was apprehended by Las Vegas Police in May 2003 and served 19 months in prison for his third DUI conviction.

During this time, the rapper struggled to be released from his contract with Capitol Records, who had previously refused to put out his planned third studio LP, Van Gogh.

Although nothing has been confirmed regarding a possible new label home, the West Coast lyricist was in preliminary talks with Def Jam and G-Unit Records at the time of his 2007 arrest.

Ras Kass’ last album, 2008’s Institutionalized Vol. 2, was released independently on Babygrande Records.

~Lucien~

Re: Ras Kass Secures May Release Date From Prison
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
And he will be back in in September.... lol

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »
 :-\ Hope Ras can kept it music from here on.
He is too talented for the bullshit.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »
Ras has been locked up for two years? Damn! News to me. I knew about that first sentence he did but didn't know he was doing a two-year bid. I think I recall hearing something about him heading back in but thought it was only for a few months. Dude need to get back on his music when he comes home and leave that other shit behind him.

Finestic

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
Lil' OT > What about Shyne ? He should leave jail too

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
damn drunk drivers
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:12 PM »
for real ras is one of the dopest
leave them haterz alone, he dont need game, scipio
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mr. VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »
do people actually still care about this dude?

8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
yeah hes a legend, and he can still spit, so why wouldnt cats want to hear more from someone who can still spit
(shit hes been in that capitol and all these label situations for all these years, we need a real album from him already fuck all this mixtape shit)

do people actually still care about this dude?

8)

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Robert Smalls

• Lil Geezy
  • "Fuck the opposition"
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »
Ras kass went to prison behind drinking..wow..some gangsta..I hope he got rid a dat rat hair flat top...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
best song he ever did was "riiiot" withChino XL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »
haha i aint gon lie that fade wasnt right but still you cant knock his talent

Ras kass went to prison behind drinking..wow..some gangsta..I hope he got rid a dat rat hair flat top...
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »
I didn't realize how powerful Game's groupie population was until people started acting like Ras Kass was wack or irrelevant after the beef. I can't think of too many cats from the West besides maybe Crooked who are that lyrical and can come with bangers like Ras.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »
:-\ Hope Ras can keep it music from here on.
He is too talented for the bullshit.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »
haha youll get it here first
they hate on ras same way they do on bishop

I didn't realize how powerful Game's groupie population was until people started acting like Ras Kass was wack or irrelevant after the beef. I can't think of too many cats from the West besides maybe Crooked who are that lyrical and can come with bangers like Ras.
Cube