Author Topic: LeBron James: Nothing to Be Suprised About (great article)  (Read 413 times)

PLANT

LeBron James: Nothing to Be Suprised About (great article)
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
Lebron James has gotten, I believe, almost enough recognition as the greatest player today, yet I think that the guy they call the king and the chosen one deserves even more respect from the league.

This monster of a player hit the league by storm with a huge rookie season averaging 20 points, five rebounds, and just under six assists with 5.9. A start like that left everyone not only in Cleveland but all over the NBA wondering how high this kid from high school can fly.

Since then the “Chosen One” never landed. He has done things like lead a talent-lacking Cavs team to the NBA finals. He has also celebrated two NBA All-Star game MVP titles.

He has been named to the all NBA team twice and is now setting the tone for his Cavs to win a title by being a great court general with 38 points, seven assists, and eight rebounds. He has made all NBA fans, regardless of their favorite teams, nothing but witnesses to what he can do.

He has graced the court with performances that no one may have expected this early in his NBA career. One that many will never forget is when he single-handedly defeated the then "top-dog" Detroit Pistons, headlined with an outstanding game five performance scoring Cleveland’s last 25 points in the fourth quarter and overtime.

In contrast to what many people may think, Lebron James is not a scorer. Scorers are people like Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, and even Paul Pierce, last year’s finals MVP. No no no, James is much more valuable than your everyday scorer, he is the team.  He is the rebounder, defender, passer, and scorer that everyone is scared to face.

With all this said, many people compare Kobe to Lebron, and I think there shouldn’t be a doubt that Lebron is the better player because 10 out of 10 times in a tied game with seconds left, Kobe will be taking the shot.

On the other hand being a great floor general Lebron will probably take it eight out of those times, simply because he makes everyone around him better, and he gives them confidence. He’s given people like Delonte West and Damon Jones a chance to win the game for the Cavs.

Lebron has many of the same qualities today's NBA greats have. He has Kevin Garnett’s leadership and way of teaching through being an example. He also has Nash’s great talent of taking on the passing role for the Cavs.

Lebron also expresses a Jordan like mentality where he thrives in big games and has no trouble taking the scoring load for the team. With all of this, Lebron James expresses great respect to all people around him.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a player, coach, or referee, Lebron James gives everyone their respect. And if you still didn’t understand the message Lebron is sending, it's plain and simple.

He is the future of the league, and no one is going to top him for years to come. Lebron James is having one of his best season, so please don’t be surprised when he is named, and rightfully so, this season’s MVP.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/162542-lebron-james-nothing-to-be-surprised-about

The guy who wrote this really hit the head on the nail...

tempo2

Re: LeBron James: Nothing to Be Suprised About (great article)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 05:05:32 PM »
yeah great article and i think lebron does deserve the mvp, howwwwwever i would still pick kobe too take the last shot over lebron in a game 7 finals series

Elano

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:01:41 AM »
At the end lebron will be remembered as a better player than kobe  8)

tempo2

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:35:29 AM »
how can you say that tho?

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:44:16 AM »

Because he has not even reached his prime yet :o :o   That is so scary

DIP DIP SET SET

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 10:54:09 AM »
Bron Bron > Kobe ground beef
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »

he hasn't reached his prime yet? and how do you figure this?

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »
because he is only 24 and you can improve until like 28?

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »

he hasn't reached his prime yet? and how do you figure this?
its pretty obvious hes improving every season dickwad....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
power players are typically in their prime at around the age LeBron is now...power doesnt improve with age.

teecee

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
power players are typically in their prime at around the age LeBron is now...power doesnt improve with age.

you better hope this is true

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »

Bron is not in his prime yet and imo right now, Lebron>Kobe

DIP DIP SET SET

teecee

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »

Bron is not in his prime yet and imo right now, Lebron>Kobe

No doubt man.  Right now, Lebron is still relying alot on his athleticism.   Once he develops a post game and a more consistent jumper (it is already much better) it's lights out for the rest of the league.   

There is NO precedent for Lebron because there has NEVER been a player like him. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
yeah great article and i think lebron does deserve the mvp, howwwwwever i would still pick kobe too take the last shot over lebron in a game 7 finals series

take the last shot, but would you take Kobe to have the ball at the end of a game?

See, as a shooter....id rather have Kobe taking the last SHOT. As far as who I would want to have the ball in the last seconds, its a wash.  Lebron is more likely to find that wide open man under the basket for a dunk which is just as good (in my book) as him taking the shot himself.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
imo right now, Lebron>Kobe

LOL....im still tryna figure out why LeBron got shitted on by Kobe in their last two meetings. you have an answer for this, spice?  ???