Author Topic: Royals Pitcher Zack Grienke Gets SI Cover This Week! Goes For Record 0.00ERA  (Read 206 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It is very rare for anything Royals related to make the cover of Sports Illustrated.  I think the last time was back in the late 80's or early 90's when two-sport star Bo Jackson was on the cover.  Bo Jackson ofcourse could of been one of the greatest athletes in history, an All-Star centerfielder for the Kansas City Royals and Pro-Bowl running back for the rival Raiders; it's very unfortunate his career was cut short by injury.

But anyway, Kansas City is really excited about Zack Greinke being on the cover.  He's 4-0 this year with a 0.00 ERA!  He hasn't given up in an earned run in nearly 40 innings.  If he does that again tonight he will BREAK THE RECORD FOR MOST INNINGS IN A ROW WITHOUT GIVING UP AN EARNED RUN!  That's a big deal. 

I know it's the Kansas City Royals but ya'll got to show some love to Zack Grienke.  ...by the way, he's a really interesting story, he's not just on there because of his pitching, his actually been through alot, diagnosed with social anxiety disorder the dude almost quit the major leagues to go mow lawns for a living.

...one last point, before the season the Royals locked Zack up for the next four years, so he can't leave us and go to the Yankee's like all our other good players do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:08:26 PM by Prescribed By Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc555

Re: Royals Pitcher Zack Grienke Gets SI Cover This Week!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:38:12 AM »
4 and 0 with no runs that's pretty crazy.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:29:06 AM »
I'm looking forward to really seeing him pitch tonight, but not looking forward to the Jays facing him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
I'm looking forward to really seeing him pitch tonight, but not looking forward to the Jays facing him.

Seems like the Blue-Jays are pretty good this year.  But as they say, good pitching usually beats good hitting.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »
Seems like the Blue-Jays are pretty good this year.  But as they say, good pitching usually beats good hitting.

The Jays hitting won't stay number one forever but I still can see them top ten by the end of the year. 
I'm not too confident about tonight's game, but he can't keep this 0.00 ERA going forever so tonight's as good a night as any for him to let up 2-3 runs.  Brian Tallet is pitching for a Jays and is doing a pretty good job so far (2.95 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) filling in for all the injuries to the starters, plus the Royals can't hit.  So I can see the Jays pull out a 3-2 win.  Either way, I don't see many runs tonight.   

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »

The Jays hitting won't stay number one forever but I still can see them top ten by the end of the year. 
I'm not too confident about tonight's game, but he can't keep this 0.00 ERA going forever so tonight's as good a night as any for him to let up 2-3 runs.  Brian Tallet is pitching for a Jays and is doing a pretty good job so far (2.95 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) filling in for all the injuries to the starters, plus the Royals can't hit.  So I can see the Jays pull out a 3-2 win.  Either way, I don't see many runs tonight.   

So far in the series I haven't been that impressed with the Jays hitting.  Obviously as your teams record and statistics indicate, you guys can hit; but you guy only got 1 lousy hit off Brian Bannister in the first game of the series.  Brian Bannister is a guy who couldn't even make our roster after spring training.  He was only called up around a week ago because we had nobody else to pitch.  He's the 5th starter.  He spends every year bouncing back and forth from the Minors to the Majors.  And he one-hit you guys!

Then in the second game of the series your team hit well, but that was only because Gil Mesh was injured.  He had a bad back, but he's one of those "grind it out" kind of pitchers that won't tell the manager when he's hurt because he thinks he has to tough it out.  He's our workhorse in the rotation. 

So this game the Blue-Jays will really have to show me something.  If they get 3 runs against Zack like you projected, then definitely I will give it up to you.  But I don't see it.  I think the only way the Royals lose is if our ballpen loses the game for us (Trey Hillman doesn't know how to manage a bullpen).   But I don't see any way Zack goes down with a loss.

...by the way, was your starting pitcher we beat in the first game of the series any good?

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »
wait, this guy hasn't allowed a run yet?  :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

Nope... going for a record tonight

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
So far in the series I haven't been that impressed with the Jays hitting.  Obviously as your teams record and statistics indicate, you guys can hit; but you guy only got 1 lousy hit off Brian Bannister in the first game of the series.  Brian Bannister is a guy who couldn't even make our roster after spring training.  He was only called up around a week ago because we had nobody else to pitch.  He's the 5th starter.  He spends every year bouncing back and forth from the Minors to the Majors.  And he one-hit you guys!

Then in the second game of the series your team hit well, but that was only because Gil Mesh was injured.  He had a bad back, but he's one of those "grind it out" kind of pitchers that won't tell the manager when he's hurt because he thinks he has to tough it out.  He's our workhorse in the rotation. 

So this game the Blue-Jays will really have to show me something.  If they get 3 runs against Zack like you projected, then definitely I will give it up to you.  But I don't see it.  I think the only way the Royals lose is if our ballpen loses the game for us (Trey Hillman doesn't know how to manage a bullpen).   But I don't see any way Zack goes down with a loss.

...by the way, was your starting pitcher we beat in the first game of the series any good?

I really think 3 runs off him is the best case scenario, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if the Jays look like they did on Monday. 
Any good?  Tough to say, he has a lot of potential but he's getting rocked so far this year with the only real bright spot is that he's striking a lot of guys out (9.12 K/9).  It's the first time he started the year with the team.  If there wasn't 4 starting pitchers on the DL I wouldn't see any reason why he's be one of the five starters.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »

then it'll be fun for my Jays to end it 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:07 PM »
If there wasn't 4 starting pitchers on the DL I wouldn't see any reason why he's be one of the five starters.

wow.. 4 pitchers on the DL and you guys are still around 15-7, that's pretty good.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »

What record is that?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »

What record is that?

Most consecutive scoreless innings  (unearned runs)

Lunatic

^how many innings is he at and how many more innings he needs?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Really?  I'm not sure how many he had at the end of last year but he has 29IP this year and the record is 59IP by Orel Hershiser in 1988.