Author Topic: Prince interview...sometimes I think he's over-rated. Trent Reznor is the Best  (Read 216 times)

Jaydc555

Who knows.I know he makes a lot more varied music then prince

Elano

Sure,but he works always with GREAT musicians.....
I'm not sayin that he's not talented,but when you work with some of the bests around,its easier.
For example,in this live song,look who's the real talent (josh freese,the drummer)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/08MFfj_ZXWU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/08MFfj_ZXWU</a>

Jaydc555

He's playing something that Trent composed by himself in the studio

Cali Climate

Nah, because NIN was comprised of several different band members. Prince used to write, compose, and arrange every riff for every instrument within a song, except for when he was working with new power generation the revolution. even then, all the instrumental riffs were written and arranged by him. I give Reznor more props as a sound designer because no one in the industry has ffucked with audio signals so intensely like he has. That's why he was doing video game sound tracks and sound editing and stuff. Musically though, Prince takes the cake for oversight and creative diversity.

Jaydc555

Nine inch nails was Reznor alone their wasn't any other members he played everything himself and then hired people on the live shows

Cali Climate

Nine inch nails was Reznor alone their wasn't any other members he played everything himself and then hired people on the live shows

oh shit, i stand corrected. in that case if we look at body of work and diversity that pushes reznor way beyond prince.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

Man thanks, I couldn't have made my arguments any better. That's why I posted earlier differences in Trent's music... he is versatile. Ghosts is something totally different than what most could even dream. I posted how he takes a song and make it rock, funks it up, whatever the hell he does and makes it his. His talent is unmatched along with his versatility.

Jaydc555

I was just backing up what you already touched on.Fact is Trent is a very over looked talent.Not only as a Musician/composer but as a writer as well.Every new album he puts out I check for.

Elano

no....