Author Topic: Prince interview...sometimes I think he's over-rated. Trent Reznor is the Best  (Read 214 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

I used to be a big prince fan, he came out with controversy, dirty mind, and 1999. But he basically plays one style of music now, jazz with a little bit of funk and some obscure rap thrown in there. What the hell happened to him. He was very talented in the 80's and 90's but now the stuff he makes is average bullshit. The most talented versatile star is Trent Reznor of Nine inch nails, he sings hard rock, funk, acoustic, piano, dance, all that shit. Prince missed an opportunity to be the best and show his versatililty.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:42:11 AM by Mattdrush1 »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You sayin' Prince fell off?

Man, whaaaaaat?

Thanks for the link though, +1 for that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:28:56 AM by T-Dogg »

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

Man, whaaaaaat?

No. T-dogg.. I'm saying prince hasn't done anything innovative then any other artist in the last 15 years. Actually since Batman. If you listen to Prince's music its more of just Jazz and a little bit of funk, what's innovative and masterful about that? However, if you take a Trent Reznor or a Zaak Wylde or even a Michael Jackson....his music is top notch. Michael Jackson album Invincible is underrated. That album was brilliant ask Eminem... he said it was. Michael changes his style and makes it relevant. Prince has become one dimensional. Zaak Wylde and Trent Reznor makes music for different styles of music and different bands. I.e Trent nine inch nails... Ghost album...Zaak Wylde writes for Ozzy, black label society, plays piano with southern music. Innovative.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'

Man, whaaaaaat?

Hells yeahs Prince been fell the fuck off. He's still a legend though
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

Man, whaaaaaat?

Hells yeahs Prince been fell the #### off. He's still a legend though

Agreed! He is a legend. But look at when Prince knocked down the barriers

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=142326&searchid=76f01624-f397-4349-a5a9-be50a02c45f8

Compared to that tired ass jazz fusion on his last 8 albums.

Cali Climate

Yeah, I won't dispute his legend status as he's one of my favorite artists, but over the last decade has just got less and less interesting.

Elano

The most talented versatile star is Trent Reznor of Nine inch nails, he sings hard rock, funk, acoustic, piano, dance, all that shit. Prince missed an opportunity to be the best and show his versatililty.

are you drunk or what ?  :D

Cali Climate

The most talented versatile star is Trent Reznor of Nine inch nails, he sings hard rock, funk, acoustic, piano, dance, all that shit. Prince missed an opportunity to be the best and show his versatililty.

whats the big deal elaine?

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
The most talented versatile star is Trent Reznor of Nine inch nails, he sings hard rock, funk, acoustic, piano, dance, all that ####. Prince missed an opportunity to be the best and show his versatililty.

No let me back it up...

Ghosts: Complete album he plays all instruments himself.. all instrumental...

Wrote Hurt performed by Johnny Cash:

Trent Reznor: initially wrote and played every instrument on every album and hired a band to play live. He's no longer concerned about making music for himself so him and john perform alot together.

His music versaltility is unmatched...unlike prince who's become one dimensional.

listen to the versatility:

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=7788701&ap=0&albumid=12858

Try the song survivalism... Who do you know that plays all instruments on the album, produces it, sings it, and continues to be relevant?

MixtapeRuler

• Lil Geezy
Sometimes you think Prince is overated? Slap yourself for typing that foolishness. Prince is far more talented then Trent Razor will every be. Nine Inch Nails aren't even rock legends.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Sometimes you think Prince is overated? Slap yourself for typing that foolishness. Prince is far more talented then Trent Razor will every be. Nine Inch Nails aren't even rock legends.

What the #### simpleton.....did you not read my syllabus idiot.., I said Prince is a legend but what music in the last 15 years shows his versatility, his relevancy, and dope music. Yeah his #### comes out but what?! Can you name all his albums in the last 10 years I can't even think of the titles because everyone knows what Prince is going to put out... The same ole ####.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Let me say this cause this we can I agree I hope, I'm never going to convince anyone that prince is not this "great genius" cause we know musically he is. Straight up, but is he the best in my opinion and in the last 15 years has he shown us all his great talent. Hell..no!!! But it all comes down to preference in a way, but I stand by my statement. He's way over-rated...because he has carte blanc to put out whatever he wants now, and look what he's given us...Fuckin jazz and slow grooves. Fuck that. Where's the rock, roll, something mixed together like we never heard. Selling shit exclusively to target. huhh!! fucc outta hear!

Elano

whats the big deal elaine?

get a life

Jaydc555

Trent Reznor's talent is unmatched and I agree with everything you said.

Elano

Trent Reznor's talent is unmatched and I agree with everything you said.
Reznor is a great talent,but the most talented versatile ?  ::)