Author Topic: Is it just me or does def jam suck now?  (Read 852 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Is it just me or does def jam suck now?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 02:12:27 AM »
I didn't think the production was all that.Just a lot of bass heavy tracks that felt lifeless no real musical quality to them.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 04:52:03 AM »
Once again this has become nothing but overstated opinions.  Numbers dont lie and everybody cant rock to wat dubcc rocks to.  "only if the masses would accept good music" lol that was so gay and nothing but bafoonery.  Jeezy/Ross  >>>>> Consequence/Termanology ANYDAY... i like Con/Term but they dont have tha same swagger and production of those two.   DTR>>Most albums of 09'.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:53:41 AM by RadioTube!_301 »

Jaydc555

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 04:56:07 AM »
So I guess britney spears is one of the best to do it because she moves a lot of units?you have to be one of the dumbest people I've ever talked to.Only sheep equate sales with skills.The reason jeezy and Ross sell more isn't because of talent its because they have a big corporation behind them.You have serious problems in your head and I mean that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 05:12:47 AM »
So I guess britney spears is one of the best to do it because she moves a lot of units?you have to be one of the dumbest people I've ever talked to.Only sheep equate sales with skills.The reason jeezy and Ross sell more isn't because of talent its because they have a big corporation behind them.You have serious problems in your head and I mean that.

it's 8:10am over here on the eastside (maryland) and it's a friday.  you have nothing better to do than be on dubcc.  im about 2 go 2 work, wat r u doing or gonna do all day?  and 4 tha record, since Pac and Dr. Dre and Preme all have had major backing from corporations that doesn't make them the best in they own right?  stop tryna be hard on tha internet... really and stop tryna be a "true/real" hip hop Guru it's just not 4 u

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 05:16:53 AM »

it's 8:10am over here on the eastside (maryland) and it's a friday.  you have nothing better to do than be on dubcc.  im about 2 go 2 work, wat r u doing or gonna do all day?  and 4 tha record, since Pac and Dr. Dre and Preme all have had major backing from corporations that doesn't make them the best in they own right?  stop tryna be hard on tha internet... really and stop tryna be a "true/real" hip hop Guru it's just not 4 u

but i guess that makes me a sheep right?  ::)

you'd die 2 have a friend like me

Jaydc555

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
I'm just getting up for work where I am.on my way right now.I post from my phone while you sit behind a screen and talk about how hard body you are and how everyone is stupid but you.you have serious mental problems

Jaydc555

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 05:30:55 AM »
And 2PAC and preme and dre are the best because they are the best.Not because of sales.Nobody in the world but you would call deeper then rap the best album of the year.Lots of artist move units but that doesn't mean their good.Shit the lonely island sold 50 000 their first week I guess that makes them better rappers then Joe budden by your logic.This coming from the guy who called chamillionaire a Grammy winning multi platinum artist a mixtape artist.How far up ones ass does a head have to be to think like you?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »
I'm just getting up for work where I am.on my way right now.I post from my phone while you sit behind a screen and talk about how hard body you are and how everyone is stupid but you.you have serious mental problems

anybody who post on a blog when they're out is truely a loser and is undoubtfully alone.  yo i swear you are like tha Hip Hop Perez Hilton... you have to be.  Blogging isn't that important, especially on a friday.  I can't be the loser here... i just can't.  i'll come back and fuck with y'all later, i'm leaving... i have a life, and not a lie.

besides the gangsta rap version of Perez Hilton you are, at the end of the day u really just are a http://www.efukt.com/2460_Vocal_Vagina.html

Jaydc555

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
Lol your such a joke man.a blog?this is a fucking forum not a blog.go outside and turn off your radio.get some sun on that pale skin of yours.

Jaydc555

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 07:23:14 AM »
The only thing that I can think of is that you are under the age of 15 and a drop out.that's the only way I can think to explain how dumb you are.and what the fuck is a real "hood nigga" like you talking about perez Hilton for?man nobody that supposedly lives in the hood should know who the fuck that is.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »
Yo Rick Ross always has great production, whoever says different is just hating.  He seriously gets the most potentially classic beats, he obviously isn't a lyrical genius by any means but i'd rather listen to Rick Ross than a lot of cats coming out nowadays.  That drug talk is pretty entertaining and like I said before the beats are crazy.  If you had Jay rappin' over the trilla tracks then that would have been a classic album.  J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Drumma Boy, DJ Toomp, Mannie Fresh...Def Jam still has the money to pay producers.  Obviously the game isn't what it used to be but Def Jam still has potential, if only the mainstream would accept "good" music, Nas barely got time on radios and mtv.  I don't know why everyone is always hating on Jeezy and Ross.  They are better than a lot of heads out there right now, regardless of their drug slangin' gimmick

are you saying beats make an artist?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
Yup, I agree, especially on the Ross issue. His beats can't save the album. I have never liked the dude's rapping. Same old lazy flow. Horrible.
I can't believe it sold as much as it did the first week. I shook my head.

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 08:17:35 PM »
alot of this seems like critism about critism and meaningless distinctions about the art that really wasn't there in the first place.  if u love hip hop/rap, then y all of tha hate?  sooner or later u have to realize this shit is just as good or better than tha shit that came out 20 years ago.  u/y'all really shud just let it go

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
haha cuz the industry, jay-z can make it happen
but yeah jada went commercial and ross been commercial jus like jim, wayne, busta and the rest of em
(im tlakin def jam and rappers in general)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 02:57:59 AM »
alot of this seems like critism about critism and meaningless distinctions about the art that really wasn't there in the first place.  if u love hip hop/rap, then y all of tha hate?  sooner or later u have to realize this shit is just as good or better than tha shit that came out 20 years ago.  u/y'all really shud just let it go

Cause it drags the quality down

kemizt