Author Topic: Whats So Good About Firefox?  (Read 573 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Whats So Good About Firefox?
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
???

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Roccy

Re: Whats So Good About Firefox?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »
???

blocks out a lot of pop ups for me
how it really goes down..

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
Shouldn't you be smoking chron at a funeral or letting off a clip at some rival egg rolls?I didn't know gang bangers worried about fire fox.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:58:36 PM »
Shouldn't you be smoking chron at a funeral or letting off a clip at some rival egg rolls?I didn't know gang bangers worried about fire fox.

i would think you woudlnt know anything thinkin that your only social life is here on dubcc.

the ghost

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »
It has a lot of nice add ons, plus it is not as hackable as IE.

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:00:37 PM »
Shouldn't you be gearing up to do street team work the fast and furious blu ray / DVD release?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »
It has a lot of nice add ons, plus it is not as hackable as IE.

ic ic, does that program work where it gets rid of the timer on rapidshare, zshare, etc??

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »
I dont know I have not tried it.  Jome is the Yoda of this shit though.  I would ask him in a thread.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
it uses a LOT of memory

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
it uses a LOT of memory

yea i keep seeing couple people just resetting their comptuer after using firefox when lookin for playoff games (mutiple tabns and windows)

Jome

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
it uses a LOT of memory

No, it doesn't. Firefox 2 and prior used a lot of memory, Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.1 won several tests compared with IE, Safari, Opera, etc..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 03:17:46 PM »
Not a damn thang.

In my opinion.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
it uses a LOT of memory

No, it doesn't. Firefox 2 and prior used a lot of memory, Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.1 won several tests compared with IE, Safari, Opera, etc..

does the timer thing work?? for rapidshare, zshare, etc. cuz tahts the only reason why i mite be gettin firefox, and for justin.tv too.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »
Aight, here's a quick run-down on why Firefox 3.5 is the best browser out there:

* Lightning fast.. Firefox 3.5 is miles faster than IE & Opera. (Safari & Chrome is equally fast, but they lack a ton of features)
* Simple as hell to use.
* Customizable to look and do whatever you want, no other browser have the unlimited possibilities as Firefox.

For the best plug-ins, I'ma quote myself some months back, plus I added some more:

What are the best extensions?

Here's a quick overview of my extensions:

Adblock Plus - Removes all ads from all sites, flash, banners, etc. Maybe the best extension ever, haven't seen ads in years.
Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper - Removes the text only ads as well.
Customize Google - Removes ads from Google & Gmail, adds links to other engines, Google Suggest, let's you customize everything about Google/Gmail.
DictionarySearch - Right-click any word for a dictionary search if you're stuck or wondering about the exact definition of a word.
DownloadHelper - Download all the Youtube videos you want, or all other videos on webpages. Download the high quality version if available.

FireGestures - Navigating sites has never been easier with Mouse Gestures, I use these the most: Rightclick/drag left = Go back 1 site, right = forward 1 site. Rightclick/drag down = close tab, rightclick/up = undo close tab.. after using this, you'd wish for MouseGestures in every program.
FlagFox - Displays the flag of the location of the site you're currently browsing, clicking it will tell you everything about the site you're on and who owns it.
ForecastFox - Weather forecast, temperature, etc, for the next few days discreetly in your browser.
FoxyTunes - Control Winamp, WMP, MediaMonkey, Itunes, or whatever, directly from your browser, without having to minimize Firefox.

IE Tab or IE View Lite - Some wack site doesn't display properly in Firefox ? Hit the IE button, and the site opens up inside Firefox in IE, Internet Explorer inside Firefox!
ImageZoom - There's small pictures all over the net, or maybe want to zoom in on that Jessica Alba pic ? Right-click & zoom in as much as you want.
Linkification - Tired of copying/pasting all them rapidshare or sendspace links into the address-bar ? This turns text-links into clickable links. Time-saver.
Nightly Tester Tools - Some extension doesn't work ? This will force it to work, plus a shitload of other features.

Paste and Go 2 - Instead of copying/pasting a link, then hitting go or Enter in the address-bar, you can just right-click & Paste and Go!
PDF Download - Fuck slow ass Adobe Acrobat Reader, install lightning quick Foxit Reader and this, and PDF files will open in 1-2 seconds instead of 10-30.
QuickNote - A notepad inside Firefox for all them links, passwords, phone numbers, e-mails etc. you gotta remember. One click access.
Session Manager - Got 10-20 tabs open, but need to leave ?? Save the session, and load it up later.
SkipScreen - Avoid waiting when downloading from Zshare, Rapidshare, Mediafire, Sharebee, etc. etc.
Stop Autoplay - Disable all autoplay of embedded music & videos. Handy on Dubcc and blogs, for sure.

Tab Mix Plus - Let's you customize everything about how tabs work/open/close, and let's you add another Close tab button like it was in Firefox 1, at the far right.
Toolbar Buttons - Makes it possible to add shortcut buttons for anything on the toolbars, Google, Gmail, Fabebook, Extensions, Links, Ebay, Myspace, etc. etc.
United States English Dictionary - Tired of typos and wondering how a word is spelled ? Spell checker added to all text boxes.
Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - Let's you set the sensitivity and configure everything about how the mouse & keyboard scrolls up and down on pages.

All these work with Firefox 3.5, though some of them had to be forced by using Nightly Tester Tools.  8)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:28:34 PM by Jome »

Cali Climate

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:34 PM »
Those are some great extensions Jome. ( no homo). IE can't compare to firefox in any shape or form.