Author Topic: So I just heard Relapse all the way through and...  (Read 1155 times)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
Re: So I just heard Relapse all the way through and...
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 07:19:56 AM »
Yes. This album isn't that great. I will rate it 5/10.

come on its better than otha releases

better than rick ross album,  asher roth

dis album has nice wordplays and beats

6.5/10 or 7/10 i guess

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 08:03:55 AM »
Aight, here's my little "review":

I listened through the album, and it's pretty much what I expected it to be based on the singles.

Production bangs, without a doubt. But with Dr. Dre and the team lacing all the beats except one, that's hardly a surprise.

Eminem comes off good - not mindblowing stuff, but it's the type of Slim Shady stuff you're allowed to expect from the man by now. The flows are on point and there's a consistent theme of insanity/drug addiction/trauma going on throughout - unlike on Encore, where the tracks weren't connected by any theme. And while Encore had a lot of bad stuff and a few gems, Relapse has just good stuff and a few gems. The lyrics aren't that hard hitting on all tracks and sometimes dude goes off tangent, but those lapses aren't that serious that they'd ruin anything. Em uses some accents here and there, but at least to me they weren't annoying this time around.

Em delivers a solid dose of Slim Shady on Relapse - the drug addicted psycho that he is. There isn't anything radically new in the whole concept - but what's done is done well. But frankly, this is Eminem's 5th album - I'm not expecting him to surprise me anymore. I leave that to the new cats. 'Cause let's face it - if the old favourites stopped doing what we expect them to do, we'd feel they're selling out. Redman has alwyays been Redman, Biggie was always Biggie, Ice Cube is always Ice Cube - and Em is always Em.

So all in all - a solid package of dope beats, never-tiring flows and a solid theme throughout. The lyrics aren't always quite up to par and thematically there's nothing really new here, but overall Relapse was a good experience. Just like I expected - not bad, not excellent, but good. It'll get the occasional spin once added to my collection, but won't get the special treatment the classics do. If I were to give it a number... let's say a 7 /10. Maybe even an 8 when the mood/company/weather is just right.

Oh, and to add one more thing - there's only one track that sticks out in a negative way: the first single "We Made You". And it sticks out for exactly what it is - the last minute, pop-track addition that they thought they needed to have on the album.

The_Offence

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »
other than the production this album ain't nothing to talk about its one of those albums you'll forget after a couple listens

Dusan123

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
Insane is an Insane track.
Dre, even though he had co-production, made an AMAZING beat here HOLY FUCK.
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »
cant wait for it

fghfgh

• Lil Geezy

westside159

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
how did you hear the album already ?

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 02:41:24 AM »
how did you hear the album already ?

it was leaked on 7th i think i got it on 256kbph MP3 file

gimme yo Email ,i will send you