Author Topic: For real, why do you all hate Jimmy Iovine so much?  (Read 543 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
For real, why do you all hate Jimmy Iovine so much?
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:06:35 AM »
I don't get it.  This man has been responsible for marketing and distributing nearly all of our most favorite music.  This website is built around fans of the Death Row, Aftermath, and Shady Records dynasties.

If not for Jimmy Iovine, maybe none of that would have ever came to us.   Think about all the entanglements Death Row had getting started up.  Who's to say that label ever would have took off?  Obviously Suge cares more about being a gangsta than handling business, don't you think it's quite possible  that Jimmy was in the background taking care of business so that label could take off like it did?

Then when Dre had to leave Death Row.  There was Jimmy again to set Dre up with Aftermath Records.  And guess how Dre found out about Eminem?  It was through Jimmy Iovine.  Jimmy talked to Dre about signing Eminem.

So really, why all this hate?  These major record labels recieve so much hate but when artists such as Xzibit, Canibus, Kurupt, Daz, and countless others go off and get their own Indie labels they put out sub-par, rushed material every time.  They hardly ever do classics on their own labels.     

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
Re: For real, why do you all hate Jimmy Iovine so much?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:43:59 AM »
rappers dat was related to dat dude , dont like him

he sure is not doin a good job these days

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
Jimmy has too much power & makes a lot of bad decisions.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »
I think it's because Jimmy Iovine is the man at the top (or atleast the top concerning the mentioned artists) of a system that's despised.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »
Because people need someone to point the finger at and say he's the reason the musid industry is like.Same with soulja boy.Its much easier for people to take their frustrations out on a few selected people then to really examine the truth.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
I know what you mean. I've also been blaming Jimmy for forcing corny singles (I Love My Bitch) and not releasing artists. But then Busta drops same wack shit on a different mainstream label and I don't see Rakim, Ortiz or Stat Quo releasing any albums. Of course we are talking about mainstream labels. I am still pissed at his creative decisions but I've come to realize it's the same shit on every other label.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:44:46 AM »
:-*

Moe

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
its because hes a white man running the black mans music

Muhfukka

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
what a loser

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »
BECAUSE THE JEWS RUN THE WORLD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Matty

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »
jimmy's a cool middle-aged white dude, don't see what all the hate is about. we were just discussing the detox track list last night. i can't give too much away but i can confirm that lil wayne and fergie will be on the album. i know y'all hate autotune but trust me, dre and wayne takin' autotune to the next level. jimmy where you @ dawg?

THERapist Ben

• Lil Geezy
  • Sexual psychology
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
Jimmy Kimmel > Jimmy Iovine
She so wants it bro.....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
Because people need someone to point the finger at and say he's the reason the musid industry is like.Same with soulja boy.Its much easier for people to take their frustrations out on a few selected people then to really examine the truth.
Lot of truth in that statement there. It's a lot of kids complaining because music isn't what they want it to be yet they download just about everything. What people don't get is Universal Music/Interscope has a shit load of executives behind these projects. Their demographic isn't the "I'm only gonna buy it if it's 100% West Coast and if not, I'm gonna download and call it garbage on message boards" crowd. If you're in a decision-making spot at one of these labels and your job depends on you pulling in numbers, you're gonna go with what works. It sucks because the music is kind of weak these days but it is what it is.

People act like they are more advanced that these pop fans but they are way more of the problem. A lot of the pop fans just listen to the music and don't get emotionally involved. A lot of West Coast or less-commercial hip-hop heads will not support a Crooked I because Snoop don't like him or vice versa. They won't check for Ras Kass because he got punched by Game in a club or some shit. They care more about the drama surrounding the music than the music itself. Then y'all wonder why your favorite rapper doing Autotune and got Lil Wayne and the rest of these best-selling artists on his project.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
You all wish you were Jimmy Iovine. Stay mad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE