Author Topic: Lloyd Banks Says It 'Feels So Good' To Be Independent  (Read 567 times)

Elano

Lloyd Banks Says It 'Feels So Good' To Be Independent
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:07:14 AM »
Last week, Lloyd Banks showed love and broke down his new mixtape. Now, the G-Unit soldier is focusing on making a real LP. He's excited to be free from Interscope for his solo projects.

"I was ready to make a move," Banks said about leaving the 'Scope. "I'm a brand-new engine. If anything, it's their loss. It's been a dark shadow cast upon that. That's why you hear [Funk Master] Flex on the radio [boycotting Interscope], because it's an aura created around that machine, and the artists automatically get smacked in the head."

Banks is referring to a recent on-air tirade from Flex, who promised to not play any Interscope music because of the way he was treated by one of the label's executives.

"[An artist signed to Interscope] doesn't even know what's going on," Banks added. "You just turn on the radio, and they're saying, 'F--- Interscope Records,' and you fall into that batch. So it's almost a foul taste in the mouth when they deliver the record. I felt it's time for me to go somewhere where it's not biased and I get a fair shot. There's a lot of stuff on the table right now. You don't wanna speak about it until it gets ironed out all the way."

By the way, the rumors can stop right now: Banks isn't leaving G-Unit. Even though 50 is the boss, Banks and Yayo are co-founders. Can you imagine the Unit without either one of them? Banks said he's still moving under the team's umbrella, whether he goes with another major or even independent.

"Everything happened for a reason," Banks said. "I feel like I'm so blessed because of my work ethic and how easy the music is coming to me. It feels so good to be an independent artist with a brand. I have direct deals with iTunes and things of that nature, where it's direct money coming to me. It's 50 percent of me that's not pressed to be on a major.

"I have the Lloyd Banks branding and also the G-Unit branding," he added. "It hasn't really been an artist out there independent that is still capable of getting out there and regenerating energy. Most of the [well-established] artists that's independent, it's after they dropped seven or eight albums on a major. I have two albums off a major, and everybody is anticipating what I'm doing now off of the mixtapes."

Banks said Polow Da Don, Swizz Beatz and Just Blaze will be contributing beats to his new LP, and he wants some of the A-list MCs to get down as well. "I'm gonna get with the heavy-hitters and make something happen, make a classic album," he promised.

Banko is also eyeing a reality-TV show, similar to "For the Love of Ray J," on which he'd go out to Cali and women would compete to date him. "It's really

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lloyd Banks Says It 'Feels So Good' To Be Independent
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
It's weird and I can't help to feel some what hypocritical for him to be talking like this but I really don't give a fuck because I bump all of his recent music.  Looking forward to a release and he'll most likely get the album out sooner being off Interscope. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

ABN

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »
remember when these pussies were all over the place talking about how much money they had and how they ran Interscope and shit lol? i wonder if it felt sooooo go when his bitch ass got dropped aswell?

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
how this fool gonna go on national tv with a reality show ::) he has absolutely no personality. I cant see tuning in for half hour to watch.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
Banks said Polow Da Don, Swizz Beatz and Just Blaze will be contributing beats to his new LP, and he wants some of the A-list MCs to get down as well. "I'm gonna get with the heavy-hitters and make something happen, make a classic album," he promised.

lol.. the truth is nobody wants to work with g-unit. a-list mcs dont give a fuck about 50, Banks or yayo.
need proof? just look at Rotten Apple, Curtis, TOS, The Massacre or even Thoughts of a Predicate Felon tracklists. no rappers.. only justin timberlake, akon, nicole, jagged edge, olivia, keri hilson and spider loc.. lol
gunit is dead since 2005.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »
Banks and Just Blaze, now thats be ill as fuck

THEV1LL4N

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:55:21 PM »
banks should stay independent. but then again, if he signs to a major label he could ge tthe backing of some good producers.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »

lol.. the truth is nobody wants to work with g-unit. a-list mcs dont give a fuck about 50, Banks or yayo.
need proof? just look at Rotten Apple, Curtis, TOS, The Massacre or even Thoughts of a Predicate Felon tracklists. no rappers.. only justin timberlake, akon, nicole, jagged edge, olivia, keri hilson and spider loc.. lol
gunit is dead since 2005.

You still caught up on some lame ass G-Unit/Game beef?   

Move on! 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
i got a feeling that Banks is going to come with some SERIOUS heat.

my expectations are super high because i know what this guy is capable of.

that mixtape he dropped was pure fire & i hope he comes through like he says with a classic. 8)

ThisIsTheWestCoast.com

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
indi is the way to go.  banks could ake more selling 100,000 than 1 mil on def jam.  plus artist make more money off shows than sals anyways

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
remember when these pussies were all over the place talking about how much money they had and how they ran Interscope and shit lol? i wonder if it felt sooooo go when his bitch ass got dropped aswell?
He didn't get dropped. The deal between Interscope and G-Unit ran out. He's still on G-Unit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:18 AM »
Ahh well, Game still has his deal. "The R.E.D." album coming soon  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ABN

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 02:27:27 AM »
He didn't get dropped. The deal between Interscope and G-Unit ran out. He's still on G-Unit.
yeah right lol, i guess that´s why Buck´s still on Interscope...

Elano

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 05:05:27 AM »
Better for him. Banks the only artist from that unit left that has skill. I have been bumping a lot of his new stuff....Actually apart from first couple years when G-unit was hot, everyone dropped off (including Banks), but I find his new tracks have something to offer....like he found his niche again.

Will be looking out for his new stuff!