Author Topic: Soopafly-Gotta_Get_This_Money-2009  (Read 602 times)

woof

Soopafly-Gotta_Get_This_Money-2009
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:00:21 AM »

Code: [Select]
+--------------------------------[Track List]--------------------------------+
|                                                                            |
|  1.  Gotta Get This Money                                           4:51   |
|  2.  Fly Rides By                                                   3:40   |
|  3.  Step Ya Game Up!                                               4:08   |
|  4.  Hate On Me                                                     3:48   |
|  5.  Bacc Up Hoe                                                    3:54   |
|  6.  Somthin' To Bounce To                                          3:24   |
|  7.  Don't Do That                                                  3:17   |
|  8.  On Tha Real                                                    2:56   |
|  9.  Neva Gonna Give It Up                                          4:47   |
|  10. pus*y Whipped                                                  3:48   |
+-------------------------------[Release Notes]------------------------------+
|  enjoy.............                                                        |
|  http://www.myspace.com/soopaflydpgc                                       |

Okka

Re: Soopafly-Gotta_Get_This_Money-2009
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:10 AM »
These are all just old songs?

1.  Gotta Get This Money (The Wash Soundtrack)                                       
2.  Fly Rides By (Can't remember right now, old song though)     
3.  Step Ya Game Up!                                               
4.  Hate On Me (Space Boogie)                                                   
5.  Bacc Up Hoe                                                   
6.  Somthin' To Bounce To (Return Of The Regulator)                           
7.  Don't Do That                                               
8.  On Tha Real                                                 
9.  Neva Gonna Give It Up (Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha)
10. Pus*y Whipped (Can't remember right now, old song with Mac Shawn)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »
This is his new EP???  Nearly all this stuff has been released already!  The only 2 songs I don't recognize are Bacc Up Hoe and On The Real, which could be existing songs with new titles.  Where can I get this?  Is it on his myspace, or is this the one he's going to be selling online?  What happened to the song "You'z A Tricc" that was supposed to be on there?  Unless he remixed all the previously released songs, it's possible I guess.  Can someone hook me up with this if they can find it??  Then I will study the songs and report back if there are any differences or exactly what the deal is with this EP.

1.  Gotta Get This Money (The Wash Soundtrack)                                       
2.  Fly Rides By (Welcome To Tha Chuuch Mixtape)   
3.  Step Ya Game Up! (Welcome To Tha Chuuch Mixtape)                                               
4.  Hate On Me (Space Boogie)                                                   
5.  Bacc Up Hoe                                                   
6.  Somthin' To Bounce To (Return Of The Regulator)                           
7.  Don't Do That (Welcome To Tha Chuuch Mixtape)                                               
8.  On Tha Real                                                 
9.  Neva Gonna Give It Up (Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha)
10. Pussy Whipped (Trapp's Westcoast Never Dies Album)

woof

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »
check ya pm  ;)

kuruptlon

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
Guess he gotta get that money to pay up for whooping that dudes ass. lol.

Mietek23

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
The cover is fuckin' UGLY

Okka

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:43:30 AM »
"On Tha Real" is dope, featuring Daz Dillinger. I thought "You'z A Tricc" was supposed to be on this?

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 04:24:12 AM »
This can't be a new EP if it has all old stuff...and most of it released....

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »
I'm guessing it's just a digital release on Dogg Pound Online. They recently released a lot of albums with the same kind of covers.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 06:36:46 AM »
OK, I got a chance to listen to the EP.  It's dissapointing in a sense that 8 out of the 10 songs have already been released the last few years.  But, the songs that did get picked to be on there are for the most part bangers.  I went through my "Soopafly Song Reviews" thread and pulled them all out to put the reviews in here, and a lot of the ones they picked i originally rated 10/10 last year.  So I don't know if they looked at my list when making this compilation, but I think they did.  I think they tried to pick songs that Soopafly's #1 fan, me, would like, which is cool.  There are two new tracks, Bacc Up Hoe and On The Real.  The reviews are below.  The only other differences is that the song "Fly Rides By" is now untagged, as the one on the Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape was tagged pretty bad.  The other difference is on "Step Ya Game Up", they took out the Snoop Dogg intro that was on the Welcome To Tha Chuuch version.  That's good as that intro was kind of long.  Every other song appears to be exactly the same as it was when it was originally released on other albums.

1. Gotta Get Dis Money (The Wash Sdtk)
I got real excited when I saw this song was on The Wash soundtrack.  Dre’s got literally hundreds of rappers to pick from to make a soundtrack and he chose the man himself, Soopafly.  He was one of the few people on the Wash soundtrack not on Aftermath at the time.  I take this as Fly getting Dre’s stamp of approval.  It really did Dre no good to put him on the soundtrack, as it wouldn’t help Aftermath any, since he wasn’t signed to Aftermath.  I think Dre just put him on here because he loves Fly’s music.  The songs about how he’s gotta get his money from his hoes.  In the middle of the song he stops and tells his bitch to shut up and hold his drink.  Now that’s how you order you bitch around.  I thought Soopa would just blow up after this song, because The Wash soundtrack moved good units, and helped to get his name out in the mainstream, but once again Snoop dropped the ball and never did anything with all the publicity Soopa was getting from this song.  Rating 9/10.

2. Fly Rides By [Originally called "Cars Ride By" (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)]
OK, now I’m not sure why some of these songs ended up on the WTTC mixtape series.  The series started out strong, but after a while, it seems like Snoop just threw anything on these tapes.  This song is short, and there is some stupid ass annoying DJ shouting over the whole song which pretty much ruins it, I hate that, I think it’s Whoo Kid.  The chorus just goes “fly rides by with the boomin system” over and over.  Soopafly just brags about himself on this song…the beat is OK, but the damn DJ just ruins the whole song.  I never bump it in my car as the song is at one volume level, then the dumb DJ’s voice is like 3 volume levels higher than the song.  Rating 4/10.  EDIT:  The Whoo Kid tags are gone now, so that helps the song out a lot, the version on this EP is probably 6/10 now.

3. Step Ya Game Up (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
Snoop is on W-Ballz radio and he introduces the song for us.  EDIT: The intro is gone now for the EP.  Then Soopafly takes over and lets us all know that he will let a bitch backstage to see him if her ass meets his standards.  An ass that meets Soopafly’s criteria is known as a “backstage ass”.  He then tells a story about a bitch whose ass was a backstage ass, so Fly let her backstage and then forced her to suck off his whole crew.  My mission is to find a chick with a backstage ass, then go to one of Fly’s concerts and get backstage using the bitch.  Once the bitch starts sucking Soopafly off, I’m going to ask him to sign my “I Don’t Hang” promo CD single.  Daz takes the next verse and tells a similar story, although I have a hard time believe Daz’s story, as he lies a lot.  I mean, this dude told everyone he did like 100 songs with 2Pac, so this dude’s full of it.  Daz ends the song with some talking about what kind of bitch he likes and proceeds to say the phrase “you know what I mean” about a million times.  The beat is average, but sort of catchy.  Rating 7/10.

4.  Hate On Me (Space Boogie – Kurupt)
This song is straight fire!  I love the first line “If rapping was a bitch you’d have no pussy, maybe tongue kissing, but still no pussy”.  Fly saying you a decent rapper, but not great.  The beat is futuristic as hell, reminds me of “Don’t Stop” from Daz’s CD.  This was the song that introduced me to Damani, and he kills it on this song, that’s why I was glad to hear he was a part of Westurn Union.  He has a good line here “I change hoes like I change clothes”.  You can tell Soopa was already schooling him way back then.  Kurupt handles the last verse and wonders aloud why bitches blow dicks.  I never really thought about it that deeply like kurupt did, but apparently it’s because Soopafly told them to suck his dick.  There’s really no more reason than that.  We’ve already established that Soopafly has the power to just snap his fingers and hoes start sucking.  Best song on Space Boogie hands down.  Rating 10/10.

5. Bacc Up Hoe (New to the EP)
I was not impressed with this song.  It's a Soopafly solo, but it has a real fast beat, like a techno type beat, that's what it reminded me of.  I listened to the song 3 or 4 times last night, and I couldn't find any funny lyrics or anything really of note.  It sounds like it was made for a Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape that didn't end up making the cut.  It's got Fly's fast rapping style like he uses from time to time, like on the song "Talkin 'Bout Riccy".  Rating 4/10.

6. Something To Bounce To (Return of the Regulator – Warren G)
Soopafly and Warren G together on a track….need I say more?  Both rappers rap in a style in which they sing part of a line, then rap the rest of the line and it works real well.  Warren claims in this song that he put Snoop and the beach on the map, and he did.  He doesn’t get enough credit for that.  This song has a nice fast G-Funk summer type groove to it.  Warren lets people know in the third verse that the 213 album was on its way.  I remember being real excited after hearing that, as in the past, it was always a rumor, but nothing was ever confirmed.  Of course, almost a year later, we were all let down when the album was released with no production from Warren.  Oh well, this song is still awesome.  Rating 10/10.

7. Don’t Do That (Welcome To Tha Chuuch mixtape)
This song just slaps you in the face right off the bat.  No intro beat or anything, Soopafly just starts right in on his verse.  Soopafly just rides this beat perfectly, his voice inflects perfectly with the beat.  He just raps with high energy the entire track, sounding like he never even stops to take a breath or to check a bitch.  A real rarity here is that at the end of the song, Fly just talks on the outro, like 2pac used to do.  He has a funny quotable when he says “I’ll take you to school and buy you books and you’ll just eat the covers off of them”…pretty funny.  Rating 10/10

8. On The Real (New to the EP)
This is the other new unheard song from this EP.  The song features Daz, and he shouts out Dogg Pound at the beginning.  I'm convinced this song is from the Dogg Pound album him and Fly were working on while Kurupt was at Tha Row.  They said they had a whole 'new' Dogg Pound album ready to go, with Fly replacing Kurupt, but it ended up getting scrapped when Kurupt came crawling back to Soopafly begging him not to kick his ass.  Over the years, the songs from this album have slowly been getting out, and i believe this is one of them.  Much better than "Back Up Hoe" (the other new song).  The beat is better and I will probably actually bump this for a while.  Daz isn't that great on it, but Fly rides the beat perfectly again.  It was tailor made for him.  No checking bitches on this one, which is a bummer.  Rating 8/10.

9. Neva Gonna Give It Up (The Streetz Iz A Mutha – Kurupt)
Now this is more like it.  A big DPGC posse cut!  One of two big posse cuts from Kurupt’s Streetz Iz A Mutha album.  This not quite as good as the other posse cut, “Represent That GC”, but it’s still awesome.  It’s got Kurupt, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Soopafly, Tray Deee and Snoop.  The only one mysteriously missing is Daz, too bad he didn’t jump on this beat too.  All these guys kill this one, even snoop who says “I wish a bitch would try to get me for some child support, I’ll stick a foot up her ass”.  Huh?  When did snoop grow some nuts?  Had to be from hanging around Soopafly.  Soopafly is the cleanup man on this song and he takes the last verse.  Now normally on guest appearances, this would be the worst spot for Soopafly to be at because you’d have to listen to all the crap to get to his verse, but in this case, the beginning of the song is just as good as the end.  Rating 10/10

10. Pussy Whipped (The Westcoast Never Dies compilation – Trapp)
This song features Daz and Mac Shawn, with Bo Rocc on the chorus.  It’s making fun of these fools who are pussy whipped.  Being pussy whipped is when you will do anything for a bitch.  Soopafly’s verse is just average, nothing funny, other than calling a bitch a fat ass and telling her to shut the fuck up….well, I guess that is pretty funny actually, but it’s probably just a normal day in the life of Fly.  This is another Mac Shawn/Soopafly collaboration and just makes me wonder if these two had some kind of project cooking over at death row at one time.  If I ever hunt him down, this is definitely one of the questions I am asking him.  Rating: 6/10

CONCLUSION:  If you haven't followed Fly much and don't have a lot of these songs, this would be a great EP to pick up.  If you are a great Soopafly fan already, which most of us are, you will probably be dissapointed.  He picked some good songs for the EP, it's just that we have most of them already.  And the most promising song i've heard "You'z A Tricc" didn't even make the EP, I don't understand that.  I know Fly's got plenty of unreleased music that he won't be putting on anything ever, i wish he would have put those songs on here instead of ones we've all heard.  Of course, i don't know how much input Fly had in this, it looks kind of unofficial.