Author Topic: The truth about the Lakers  (Read 1641 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: The truth about the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
But he just doesn't have timing on defense, and he ain't moving his feet well enought. I dunno if it's due to his injury, i think it's not.

so you think hes not moving well enough? i agree..but do you really wanna sit here and try telling me this is how he was moving prior to the injury? LOL, come on, now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:21:23 PM by Now_I_Know »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »
at this point they won't change, just gotta hope they survive the mistakes

Thats what I was saying.  The team obviously isnt perfect (as much as NIK tries to convince himself lol).  But you arent going to change what youve been doing all year, in the playoffs.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
But he just doesn't have timing on defense, and he ain't moving his feet well enought. I dunno if it's due to his injury, i think it's not.

so you think hes not moving well enough? i agree..but do you really wanna sit here and try telling me this is how he was moving prior to the injury? LOL, come on, now.

Look.. Bynum doesn't have a great basketball IQ. He doesn't do good rotations, he doesn't close penetrations, he loses his man too much doubling opponents in the post, he's too lazy on the defensive rebounds. That said, prior to the injury he was jumping better, he was quicker, so since he is really huge, he was still intimidating. I mean if he raise his arms he's like a tower!! Now i see him slow, and him being so slow exposes his low basketball IQ on defense. It makes him look even worse than what he is. You know what the problem is? It's that he's not playing well in the other side of the floor too. So that makes him "a problem". He's not "one-dimensional", at the moment. He is "no-dimensional". And to have him on the floor is a huge luxury (in fact he is averaging just 15 minutes per game at the moment. I mean 15!!)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
at this point they won't change, just gotta hope they survive the mistakes

Thats what I was saying.  The team obviously isnt perfect (as much as NIK tries to convince himself lol).  But you arent going to change what youve been doing all year, in the playoffs.

Nope. But unfortunately defense wins titles. So they betta do the thing i'm saying from months: keep Odom playing 35 minutes and let Bynum play just 15 minutes. Cause Odom defends. And let's use Shannon Brown more than Farmar, exactly like Phil is doing at the moment, cause he defends.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »

Look.. Bynum doesn't have a great basketball IQ. He doesn't do good rotations, he doesn't close penetrations, he loses his man too much doubling opponents in the post, he's too lazy on the defensive rebounds. That said, prior to the injury he was jumping better, he was quicker, so since he is really huge, he was still intimidating. I mean if he raise his arms he's like a tower!! Now i see him slow, and him being so slow exposes his low basketball IQ on defense. It makes him look even worse than what he is. You know what the problem is? It's that he's not playing well in the other side of the floor too. So that makes him "a problem". He's not "one-dimensional", at the moment. He is "no-dimensional". And to have him on the floor is a huge luxury (in fact he is averaging just 15 minutes per game at the moment. I mean 15!!)

dude..bynum's basketball iq is not the reason hes been struggling. dwight howard has a worse basketball iq than bynum and look at him....the point is, his agility, footspeed, and explosion is gone, which is the number one reason he can't provide us with what he did in the regular season. come on, antonio.. its common sense. if he was playing like he did in december, we'd be more than good..PeACe

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »

dude..bynum's basketball iq is not the reason hes been struggling. dwight howard has a worse basketball iq than bynum and look at him....the point is, his agility, footspeed, and explosion is gone, which is the number one reason he can't provide us with what he did in the regular season. come on, antonio.. its common sense. if he was playing like he did in december, we'd be more than good..PeACe

Ok.

Still........ we have a problem.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 12:52:42 AM »
I agree with a lot of those problems you mentioned, but I think the worst part is their interior D. They give up way too many easy lay-ups and dunks off the drive, and they have poor rotation. I think Gasol and Odom might do a better job individually, but they get too soft sometimes, especially Gasol. How many times has Denver had someone go through for a dunk and not get fouled? You barely see that on the other end though. In the playoffs, you can't give up those easy baskets, sometimes you have to send a message. I think Bynum's foul on Andersen was great today, worth the bad ruling that it was a flagrant.
I got a bird's eye view

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:52 AM »
I agree with a lot of those problems you mentioned, but I think the worst part is their interior D. They give up way too many easy lay-ups and dunks off the drive, and they have poor rotation. I think Gasol and Odom might do a better job individually, but they get too soft sometimes, especially Gasol. How many times has Denver had someone go through for a dunk and not get fouled? You barely see that on the other end though. In the playoffs, you can't give up those easy baskets, sometimes you have to send a message. I think Bynum's foul on Andersen was great today, worth the bad ruling that it was a flagrant.
Interior D is a huge problem, yeah. Only Odom is doing those rotations, and he's focusing on rebounds too. We def need a good backup defensive C-PF next year.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 02:02:21 AM »
Lakers need a big PG type who will commit to D 100%.
The driving small man has been the prob for a couple years now.
(Nothing new)

Real Talk, Lakers need to start chin checkin' people around the basket.
to shed that "Finesse" label they have.  8)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 02:30:32 AM »
I say trade Farmar (i'm sorry, Jordan!) for a defensive-minded PG, and trade Morrison for a defensive-minded PF-C. Possibly a young quick PG and a veteran C. A P.J. Brown/Kurth Thomas type of player..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 04:50:58 AM »
Don't overrate the trade value of your worse players. They ain't worth anything of substance, just cause you got lucky with Kwame, Crittenton and Cook, that can't happen every year. You've got a salary problem coming your way also. Keeping Ariza, Odom, Powell and Brown while paying Bynum 10 million more than last year will not be easy if you're not a championship team. If Mitch can keep those 4 expiring contracts it's amazing already, don't expect anything more than that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »
We def need a good backup defensive C-PF next year.

we already have Mbenga...dunno why he's never used. :stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 12:00:18 PM »
Lakers need a big PG type who will commit to D 100%.
The driving small man has been the prob for a couple years now.
(Nothing new)

Real Talk, Lakers need to start chin checkin' people around the basket.
to shed that "Finesse" label they have.  8)

SHANNON BROWN! 8)

lbc213

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »
We def need a good backup defensive C-PF next year.

we already have Mbenga...dunno why he's never used. :stupid:

Exactly you are 100% right, I feel the same way....however he played 22 seconds in game 1 ask kenyon martin :-X

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »
LOL that dunk was nasty.