Author Topic: The truth about the Lakers  (Read 1640 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: The truth about the Lakers
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
The Lakers have the personnel to play D for the most part, but they make too many mistakes. The big athletic PG is Brown, they have Powell and Mbenga off the bench who can D in the paint and crash boards. They could maybe use one more wing defender, but Walton hasn't even been that bad off the bench. They need to toughen up, you can't give up so many easy dunks and layups. You have 6 fouls to use in a game, you can't be afraid to use a few of them to prevent the easy basket.
I got a bird's eye view

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
we play great D......it's just that we dont apply ourselves on the defensive end as much as we should. THATS IT.

Not true at all. The fucked up part is, 5 years ago we signed Karl Malone and Gary Payton because our defense was wack and teams were abusing us with p&rs...5 years ago! What's different defensively? Fisher is STILL out there getting burned and Phil Jackson has the audacity to say Fisher's D isn't a problem. Dumb coach = dumb players.

The Lakers have one of the most talented and versatile rosters EVER. Therefor, if we don't win a championship with this team we go down in history as the biggest group of losers ever.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 08:10:17 AM »
we play great D......it's just that we dont apply ourselves on the defensive end as much as we should. THATS IT.

Not true at all. The fucked up part is, 5 years ago we signed Karl Malone and Gary Payton because our defense was wack and teams were abusing us with p&rs...5 years ago! What's different defensively? Fisher is STILL out there getting burned and Phil Jackson has the audacity to say Fisher's D isn't a problem. Dumb coach = dumb players.

The Lakers have one of the most talented and versatile rosters EVER. Therefor, if we don't win a championship with this team we go down in history as the biggest group of losers ever.

once again...when we apply ourselves, we play great D=true

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »
Lakers need a big PG type who will commit to D 100%.
The driving small man has been the prob for a couple years now.
(Nothing new)

Real Talk, Lakers need to start chin checkin' people around the basket.
to shed that "Finesse" label they have.  8)

SHANNON BROWN! 8)
8)

dexter

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
go Lakers

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »
I say trade Farmar (i'm sorry, Jordan!) for a defensive-minded PG, and trade Morrison for a defensive-minded PF-C. Possibly a young quick PG and a veteran C. A P.J. Brown/Kurth Thomas type of player..
Fuck that. Trade Fisher. At this point Farmar>Fisher. Trade Fisher and Morrison (both with expiring contracts)  and the Lakers 1st round pick for a strong bench post player.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 12:35:00 PM by Ted Since `87 »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 12:38:51 PM »
Don't overrate the trade value of your worse players. They ain't worth anything of substance, just cause you got lucky with Kwame, Crittenton and Cook, that can't happen every year. You've got a salary problem coming your way also. Keeping Ariza, Odom, Powell and Brown while paying Bynum 10 million more than last year will not be easy if you're not a championship team. If Mitch can keep those 4 expiring contracts it's amazing already, don't expect anything more than that.
Odom said he's willing to sign for less money and the Lakers traded Vladimir Radmanovic and Chris Mihm to free up money to sign Ariza. Powell and Brown aren't going to make that much money either. It won't be easy, but it is defiantly possible.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
And don't forget Kobe can opt out of his contract too. :P

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
they might have to choose between LO and Ariza. To me its a no brainer...ARIZA

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
they'll keep both, i'm sure of it. like stated earlier, he already said he wants to play for LA and he's willing to take less money to make that happen.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
WE SHOULD DEF KEEP ARIZA AND ODOM, AND SHANNON BROWN. THOSE 3 ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO DEFENDS WELL!

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »
Farmar , Fisher , Vujacic , Walton , Powell , and Morrison should all be on the trading block and see what you can get from here .. I would like us to get a serviceable big ala Pryzbilla or bring the Pau's brother

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
I would like us to get a serviceable big ala Pryzbilla or bring the Pau's brother
That would be a dream come true.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 05:34:31 AM »
I'm not giving up on Fisher, He will be big in the finals.
Orlando is going to focus 100% on Kobe.

Lakers as a team will defo step it up, Good thing Bryant has plenty of help w/Gasol.
Odom & Ariza will get theirs. Fish will be the extra 10pts a night everyone seems to take for granted.

+ I don't think alot of people truly understand Fish's role, He is more than just their PG.
He is also their main motivation/team leader "Alternative" to Jackson & Bryant.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 07:07:33 AM »
I agree with Hatesrats, as far as I'm concern, Fisher can wear that Laker's jersey for as long as he would like. Fisher has always been there for the Lakers, and I think we need to stay loyal to him. Now everyone else, Not named Fisher, Bryant, Odom, Ariza, Gasol, Brown or Bynum needs to be reevaluated. I'm sure we can find some takers for Farmer and Vujacic.