Author Topic: White Sox Secretly the Worst Team in Baseball  (Read 176 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
White Sox Secretly the Worst Team in Baseball
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »
A great site for articles on baseball: http://umpbump.com/press/

The Chicago White Sox are scuffling along this season with a 19-23 record, but are still only 5.5 games out of first in the AL Central, so Sox fans are holding out hope for a turnaround.

They probably should not hold their breath.

The Sox may actually be the worst team in baseball.  Although the Sox pitching staff is middle of the pack, their offense is last place in the American League in runs scored and third worst in the Majors ahead of only the Giants and Padres, both of whom play in extreme pitchers parks. Perhaps most fatal of all, the Sox are dead last in all of baseball in defensive efficiency, at a woeful 0.672.

Put it all together, and the White Sox have a pythagorean expected record of 16-26, tied with the Washington Nationals for the worst in all of baseball.

But out of the two teams, the Nats are far more likely to improve as the season goes along. For one thing, the Nats have been hammered by an almost inconceivably bad bullpen, which is bound to improve, even by putting replacement level minor leaguers in there. The Nats also have an extremely potent offensive attack and lots of young players who still have upside. And the Nats are less tied down to big contracts or even trying to compete this year, so they have the luxury of sorts of throwing lots of crap against the wall and seeing what sticks.

The White Sox, on the other hand, are almost a mirror image of the Nationals, burdened down with lots of big contracts and aging veterans on the downside, yet still thought of as a contender.

I’ve been calling for Kenny Williams to blow up the White Sox and rebuild since the end of the 2006 season. But his insistence that the Sox were contenders when in fact they were gradually getting farther and farther away from contention has finally led to the end of the road.

Here, now, with the White Sox arguably the worst team in baseball.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: White Sox Secretly the Worst Team in Baseball
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »
they wouldn't be if Peavy didn't dick them.

i hope the Royals take the division. :)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
LOL they arent fearable
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 04:34:06 AM »
The teams in the mid atlantic would love to talk to you.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
they wouldn't be if Peavy didn't dick them.

i hope the Royals take the division. :)

peavy wouldnt of helped much.

their pitching isnt the problem...erm, at least not their biggest problem.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »
Beuhrle is fuckin nice tho

The Best of 3 Worlds