Author Topic: Relapse is the best hip hop album to come out in years  (Read 1288 times)

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
Relapse is the best hip hop album to come out in years
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:18:50 AM »
im dead serious.....the way eminem spit lyrics, it completely caught me off guard, because im so used to this garbage swagger rap these days that have been bleeding into the underground.......finally someone comes out with sick productions  and dope lyrics.....check out this verse from Stay Wide Awake

So dark and so cold, my friends don't know this other side of me
There's a monster inside of me, its quite ugly and it fright-uns me
But they can't see, what I can see, theres a vacancy in my tummy
It's makin me, play hide n seek, like Jason I'm so hungry
Shes naked see, no privacy, but I can see she wants me
So patient see, I try to be, but see why does she taunt me
Put the drapes and see, she goes rite to sleep, and I creep rite thru the front seat
So patently, but silently, cuz I kno that shes sound asleep
"Who's wakin me, so violently, and why is he on top of me,
"He's rapin me!" she trys to scream, "Somebody please get him off me"
"He's tapin me, he's bitin me, he's laughin likes its funny"
She's scrapin me, she's fightin me, she's scratching like some dumb freak
Escapin me, no die she see, I might just be Ted Bundy
Or Satan gee, what a site to see, I'm dancin in my red panties
I'm crazy, but its alright with me, man life can be so empty
Stay away from me, cuz I'm dancin, to quite a different drum beat

like wow.....that's gotta be the dopest verse I"ve heard in a while....look at the way he rhymes three fuckin phrases in each bar.....three parts to each fuckin bar are rhymed together, that's fuckin incredible.....despite how twisted and fucked up the lyrics are hahaha, but that's classic Em for you......

man, I was highly disappointed when I heard the first two singles....but now that I gave the whole album a good listen, I can see how the two singles actually fit in the album with the rest of the songs....the whole album has a distinct sound to it that is way different from anything else out right now....and that's why the album is so dope....Dre did a brilliant job with producing the whole album, not just a couple of songs in between, and because of that, it flows really nicely from song to song.....and Em's lyrics are fuckin amazing

damn.....I think some of yall hatin on Em should really give this album a thorough listen, as in from front to back, no song skippin, and you'll see how fuckin dope this is.......forreal

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Relapse is the best hip hop album to come out in years
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:24:00 AM »
Lol

kemizt

Big B

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:28:11 AM »
lol at blunts40sbitches.

what a user name, hes using it like its still 1992.

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:35:10 AM »
blunts, 40s, and bitches got no time limits

but anyways, stick to the subject folks

Big B

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »
sure they do. you cant expect to be a kid forever

Blasphemy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »
If it didn't have the accents, people would be giving more praise. lol

Big B

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:38:19 AM »
If it didn't have the accents, people would be giving more praise. lol
i actually didnt dl it or buy it so i dont know what accent you are talking about.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:30 AM »
I think the album was coo when I first heard it but a week after it didnt get any replay

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »
^and u'd rather listen to that Rick Ross bullshit???

man, just listen to that verse he spit on Stay Wide Awake and tell me how that shit isnt dope.....his flow and rhyming is so ill on that verse....nobody else in the game can do that....not be all up on his dick, just givin props to where its due.....

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »
LOL at the lyrics being amazing, yeah anyway  :-X

There are loads of better albums which have come out in the last few year...

Both Of Lupes albums, Both Of Black Milks albums, Elzhi - Preface, Little Brother - Getback, Busta Rhymes - Big Bang > Relapse

There are loads more, the only part of relapse you could even argue to be the best in years is that its arguably the best produced album but thats debatable since the album has no replay value imo

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »
It's one of the beats mainstream albums in recent years.

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »
LOL at the lyrics being amazing, yeah anyway  :-X

There are loads of better albums which have come out in the last few year...

Both Of Lupes albums, Both Of Black Milks albums, Elzhi - Preface, Little Brother - Getback, Busta Rhymes - Big Bang > Relapse

There are loads more, the only part of relapse you could even argue to be the best in years is that its arguably the best produced album but thats debatable since the album has no replay value imo

hellll no......i heard most of those albums.....the only album that can actually compete with Relapse is The Cool, but that shit lacks in production (great concept and lyrics, but let's face it, some of those beats were wack as fuck, he got too many in house producers on that shit).....Black Milk's album was dope production wise, ok lyrically, but hes a producer so i didnt expect much lyrical quality from him, Elzhi.....the Preface was aight.....Hes definitely underrated as an emcee, and the Preface had alot of dope cuts but for some reason the CD didnt really get that much playing time from me, I dont know I just really have to be in the mood to listen to it.....I havent heard Getback yet but dont really want to anyways cuz IMO Little Brother is just two average emcees with a hot producer......and as far as Big Bang being > than Relapse,  u cant be serious bro.....

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
Little Brother = Two average MCs and a Hot producer? WHAT! Phonte > like _______ Bar the obvious, Big Poohs dope and well 9th had his time, now hes past it, hes not on Getback anyways since he left LB...but w/e i can respect your opinion, i still think Big Bangs better than Relapse, both have a few wack song but Bustas more tolerable and theres some BIG tunes on that album

Prof@ssor

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »
im dead serious.....the way eminem spit lyrics, it completely caught me off guard, because im so used to this garbage swagger rap these days that have been bleeding into the underground.......finally someone comes out with sick productions  and dope lyrics.....check out this verse from Stay Wide Awake

So dark and so cold, my friends don't know this other side of me
There's a monster inside of me, its quite ugly and it fright-uns me
But they can't see, what I can see, theres a vacancy in my tummy
It's makin me, play hide n seek, like Jason I'm so hungry
Shes naked see, no privacy, but I can see she wants me
So patient see, I try to be, but see why does she taunt me
Put the drapes and see, she goes rite to sleep, and I creep rite thru the front seat
So patently, but silently, cuz I kno that shes sound asleep
"Who's wakin me, so violently, and why is he on top of me,
"He's rapin me!" she trys to scream, "Somebody please get him off me"
"He's tapin me, he's bitin me, he's laughin likes its funny"
She's scrapin me, she's fightin me, she's scratching like some dumb freak
Escapin me, no die she see, I might just be Ted Bundy
Or Satan gee, what a site to see, I'm dancin in my red panties
I'm crazy, but its alright with me, man life can be so empty
Stay away from me, cuz I'm dancin, to quite a different drum beat

like wow.....that's gotta be the dopest verse I"ve heard in a while....look at the way he rhymes three fuckin phrases in each bar.....three parts to each fuckin bar are rhymed together, that's fuckin incredible.....despite how twisted and fucked up the lyrics are hahaha, but that's classic Em for you......

man, I was highly disappointed when I heard the first two singles....but now that I gave the whole album a good listen, I can see how the two singles actually fit in the album with the rest of the songs....the whole album has a distinct sound to it that is way different from anything else out right now....and that's why the album is so dope....Dre did a brilliant job with producing the whole album, not just a couple of songs in between, and because of that, it flows really nicely from song to song.....and Em's lyrics are fuckin amazing

damn.....I think some of yall hatin on Em should really give this album a thorough listen, as in from front to back, no song skippin, and you'll see how fuckin dope this is.......forreal

I completely agree. When I fist heard this verse, it was like damn...this dude is the Picasso of rhyming. Probably one of his best verses, when you listen to that part of the song you understand the meaning of ''flow'' and riding a beat, just  like a surfer does on waves.

MediumL

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »
thought it was cool but not one of the best ive heard in recent years... Like someone said it was a solid effort, 7.5/10 effort.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>