Author Topic: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?  (Read 6560 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »
^I think he was dick rode by the refs eventually. That push off on Bryon Russell was still a foul lol
thats just a call that shouldnt be made to decide a championship tho...and many players would have got the same "No-call" including Kobe, LeBron, Wade ect....the refs dont want to blow the whistle when the games on the line unless they absolutley have to...

what the hell's your point? do you realize what a fool you're making out of yourself? it was widely accepted that Jordan got special treatment from the NBA. NO ONE ARGUES THIS, quit making yourself look foolish, bro...even in the olympics, Magic poked fun of it by saying he couldn't be in the same picture with Jordan without getting called for a foul...arguing this makes you look illogical, man. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
The media simply cannot create a star the level of Jordan, and they cannot create it with Kobe either. If they could, they would. I don't care what endorsements Kobe lost after the scandal. All of them combined weren't worth as much as one Air Jordan commercial.

The media can create Ashton Kutcher. They can't create Jim Carrey. You're either a garaunteed 100 million dollars or you are not.

kobe is a global icon as it is...already one of the most popular figures in the world...i really dont see anything that would stop him from being Jordan status with that same push Jordan received.

I don't see why the NBA, Nike, NBC, etc, wouldn't push him like Jordan if he was the icon he is. it's a conspiracy to make him less popular than Jordan? They don't want to make more money. He just isn't as likable. There is a whiny bitch in him that resonates and people see that. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are both bigger stars than Kobe and neither of them are anywhere near Jordan in terms of popularity. The reality is that when Jordan was on top NBA Finals were doing NFL Playoffs TV numbers and topping out with almost a 20.0 rating while Kobe and the Lakers vs The Celtics couldn't even average a 10.0 rating. Jordan doubled the guy in the ratings.

Larry Bird had everything you needed to make a megastar. He was arguably the best guy playing. He was white. A good ol boy. But he didn't have the x factor like Jordan and that's why he never reached the same popularity. You say global icon about Kobe like he's Muhammed Ali. He may not be Ashton Kutcher, but he's not Jim Carrey. Adam Sandler at best.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger stars than Kobe? are you joking? LMAOOO. come on, Shallow. you're not an ignorant poster, so don't make ignorant claims. The reason NBA, Nike, ABC, etc doesn't give Kobe the same push is because they're making more money nowadays than they were in the Jordan era by promoting various NBA superstars as opposed to just one. I already explained this many, MANY times. If Kobe were to be given even half the promotion that a LeBron gets, his image would SKYROCKET..But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push. He plays in the biggest market and he's beloved in LA regardless. the NBA realizes that Kobe is a cash cow, even without promotion, so they choose to push LeBron to create another cash cow alongside Kobe...this also makes for better rivalries (ala the Kobe-LeBron puppet commercials) and more interesting story-lines....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it. He came in at a perfect time and played great basketball. Jordan was just as much a "asshole" as Kobe, if not more. the NBA just had a really good way of masking it for the benefit of the league...PeACe

What are the TV ratings when Manning plays Brady in prime time? Oh, yeah their worst prime time rating in the regular season has a higher rating than any NBA game Kobe has ever played in, period. Yeah, so I say they are both bigger stars than Kobe. Both SNL hosts. Both on commercials and/or major media stories. Leave LA once in a while and walk around cities and towns in the country and just say "Brady or Manning?". You are going to get a lot more reactions and heated debates then you'll ever get from "Kobe or Jordan?" or "Kobe or Shaq?". The USA is a white country and white people like football more than basketball so the biggest stars in football will almost always be bigger than the biggest stars in basketball. Jordan is the one and only exception.

Ok? so football is a bigger sport in America than basketball...what's your point? Kobe, like Jordan, is bigger than the sport itself...walk down the street and ask random people if they know who Kobe is. who the hell wont know who you're talking about? not a single person. now walk down the street and ask people who Tom Brady is...I guarantee you that you'll find at least a few people asking "Tom who?"...and not just in America, Kobe is a global icon. go to Europe and try seeing if anyone recognizes the name Tom Brady. LOL. seriously, it's funny that I'd even have to argue this. Kobe is the much bigger name, end of story.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
Nike makes people legends, it's the truth. ;) 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2009, 04:17:44 PM »
Nike makes people legends, it's the truth. ;) 8)

you cant make someone a legend, but you can make them a pop culture icon if they're good enough at what they do. :-*

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »
The media simply cannot create a star the level of Jordan, and they cannot create it with Kobe either. If they could, they would. I don't care what endorsements Kobe lost after the scandal. All of them combined weren't worth as much as one Air Jordan commercial.

The media can create Ashton Kutcher. They can't create Jim Carrey. You're either a garaunteed 100 million dollars or you are not.

kobe is a global icon as it is...already one of the most popular figures in the world...i really dont see anything that would stop him from being Jordan status with that same push Jordan received.

I don't see why the NBA, Nike, NBC, etc, wouldn't push him like Jordan if he was the icon he is. it's a conspiracy to make him less popular than Jordan? They don't want to make more money. He just isn't as likable. There is a whiny bitch in him that resonates and people see that. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are both bigger stars than Kobe and neither of them are anywhere near Jordan in terms of popularity. The reality is that when Jordan was on top NBA Finals were doing NFL Playoffs TV numbers and topping out with almost a 20.0 rating while Kobe and the Lakers vs The Celtics couldn't even average a 10.0 rating. Jordan doubled the guy in the ratings.

Larry Bird had everything you needed to make a megastar. He was arguably the best guy playing. He was white. A good ol boy. But he didn't have the x factor like Jordan and that's why he never reached the same popularity. You say global icon about Kobe like he's Muhammed Ali. He may not be Ashton Kutcher, but he's not Jim Carrey. Adam Sandler at best.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger stars than Kobe? are you joking? LMAOOO. come on, Shallow. you're not an ignorant poster, so don't make ignorant claims. The reason NBA, Nike, ABC, etc doesn't give Kobe the same push is because they're making more money nowadays than they were in the Jordan era by promoting various NBA superstars as opposed to just one. I already explained this many, MANY times. If Kobe were to be given even half the promotion that a LeBron gets, his image would SKYROCKET..But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push. He plays in the biggest market and he's beloved in LA regardless. the NBA realizes that Kobe is a cash cow, even without promotion, so they choose to push LeBron to create another cash cow alongside Kobe...this also makes for better rivalries (ala the Kobe-LeBron puppet commercials) and more interesting story-lines....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it. He came in at a perfect time and played great basketball. Jordan was just as much a "asshole" as Kobe, if not more. the NBA just had a really good way of masking it for the benefit of the league...PeACe

What are the TV ratings when Manning plays Brady in prime time? Oh, yeah their worst prime time rating in the regular season has a higher rating than any NBA game Kobe has ever played in, period. Yeah, so I say they are both bigger stars than Kobe. Both SNL hosts. Both on commercials and/or major media stories. Leave LA once in a while and walk around cities and towns in the country and just say "Brady or Manning?". You are going to get a lot more reactions and heated debates then you'll ever get from "Kobe or Jordan?" or "Kobe or Shaq?". The USA is a white country and white people like football more than basketball so the biggest stars in football will almost always be bigger than the biggest stars in basketball. Jordan is the one and only exception.

Ok? so football is a bigger sport in America than basketball...what's your point? Kobe, like Jordan, is bigger than the sport itself...walk down the street and ask random people if they know who Kobe is. who the hell wont know who you're talking about? not a single person. now walk down the street and ask people who Tom Brady is...I guarantee you that you'll find at least a few people asking "Tom who?"...and not just in America, Kobe is a global icon. go to Europe and try seeing if anyone recognizes the name Tom Brady. LOL. seriously, it's funny that I'd even have to argue this. Kobe is the much bigger name, end of story.

Fuck worldwide. We're talking domestic market. If you want to talk world wide then there are probably atleast 25 soccer players you couldn't even recognize ten times bigger than Kobe will ever. Shit, David Beckham has shrines in India. Kobe is not bigger than the sport. He's just the biggest name with in the sport. Seriously, leave LA and you'll see. Go to Bitters, Arkansas and every other town like it. The majority of the US is suburbs, not major cities. 300 million people. US, NY, Chicago, and Houston are the four biggest and they don't even total one tenth of the population combined.

If you go to a supermarket and ask a bunch of old ladies who Peyton Manning is they won't know, but they sure as fuck won't know Kobe either. Babe Ruth was bigger than the sport. They had a fucking popcorn film on his life 50 years after he died. Kobe will be lucky to get an HBO telefilm about his affair.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »

Fuck worldwide. We're talking domestic market. If you want to talk world wide then there are probably atleast 25 soccer players you couldn't even recognize ten times bigger than Kobe will ever. Shit, David Beckham has shrines in India. Kobe is not bigger than the sport. He's just the biggest name with in the sport. Seriously, leave LA and you'll see. Go to Bitters, Arkansas and every other town like it. The majority of the US is suburbs, not major cities. 300 million people. US, NY, Chicago, and Houston are the four biggest and they don't even total one tenth of the population combined.

If you go to a supermarket and ask a bunch of old ladies who Peyton Manning is they won't know, but they sure as fuck won't know Kobe either. Babe Ruth was bigger than the sport. They had a fucking popcorn film on his life 50 years after he died. Kobe will be lucky to get an HBO telefilm about his affair.

The fact of the matter is, Kobe is a bigger name, regardless. I really think there's more chance of an old lady at a supermarket recognizing the name Kobe over Peyton. LOL. whatever, though...there's no changing your opinion. I just honestly think you underestimate the influence media and marketing has on your average consumer...PeACe

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it.

what a fucking JOKE!!!  you cant be serious  :-X :-X

and he calls other people haters lol

how am I a hater? because I believe Jordan didn't have a charm any more special than LeBron's or Kobe's? because I understand that marketing has a lot more to do with how an individual is viewed than who the person actually is? how? please elaborate. LOL

Because you attempt to bring every player that is more loved and respected then Kobe, down to his level lol.  You dont understand shit, you make shit up to make yourself feel better about your mancrush.  If Kobe was a more respected player then Jordan, LeBron, etc...etc...etc, there is absolutely NO way you would claim it was because of the marketing. Youre so biased, that youre see through. You know why I argue with you so much man? Because I know that the more you argue, the more ridiculous you look.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »

The fact of the matter is, Kobe is a bigger name, regardless. I really think there's more chance of an old lady at a supermarket recognizing the name Kobe over Peyton. LOL. whatever, though...there's no changing your opinion. I just honestly think you underestimate the influence media and marketing has on your average consumer...PeACe

Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »

I'd just leave him, talking sense to NIK is pointless. And I would agree with you, in MN, there are some many places that either don't know, or don't care about the name Kobe Bryant. They might care about Kevin Garnett, but they don't know Kobe. And my grandma knew Shaq, never Kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »

I'd just leave him, talking sense to NIK is pointless. And I would agree with you, in MN, there are some many places that either don't know, or don't care about the name Kobe Bryant. They might care about Kevin Garnett, but they don't know Kobe. And my grandma knew Shaq, never Kobe.

talking sense? it's an OPINION, smart guy. LOL. and it's hard for me to believe that "many places" don't know the name Kobe...and don't bring up your non-english speakin grandma. the only reason she heard the name Shaq is because you probably used to talk about him all the damn time when he was your idol...walkin around the house in his jersey and shit. :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »
But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it.

how am I a hater? because I believe Jordan didn't have a charm any more special than LeBron's or Kobe's? because I understand that marketing has a lot more to do with how an individual is viewed than who the person actually is? how? please elaborate. LOL

Because you attempt to bring every player that is more loved and respected then Kobe, down to his level lol.  You dont understand shit, you make shit up to make yourself feel better about your mancrush.  If Kobe was a more respected player then Jordan, LeBron, etc...etc...etc, there is absolutely NO way you would claim it was because of the marketing. Youre so biased, that youre see through. You know why I argue with you so much man? Because I know that the more you argue, the more ridiculous you look.

riggghhhht....i bring players down to Kobe's level.  ::)

Nobody needs to be brought down to Kobe's level...Kobe is high enough as it is, and after we win the championship, he will be on the highest level possible. suck a fatty. 8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »

Nobody needs to be brought down to Kobe's level...Kobe is high enough as it is, and after we win the championship, he will be on the highest level possible. suck a fatty. 8)

Nah he still needs 4 more championships and 6 MVP's to be at the highest level possible.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »

Nah he still needs 4 more championships and 6 MVP's to be at the highest level possible.

so according to you, Jordan wasn't at the highest level possible...LOL...good one.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »

so according to you, Jordan wasn't at the highest level possible...LOL...good one.

So you think Kobe w/ 4 ships and 1 MVP is the highest level possible?  You're one low expectation having motherfucker.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »

So you think Kobe w/ 4 ships and 1 MVP is the highest level possible?  You're one low expectation having motherfucker.

no...being the best player in the game and a current champion takes you to the highest level possible. you're an illogical motherfucker if you don't get that.