Author Topic: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?  (Read 6565 times)

teecee

Re: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
Is Kobe a "current" champion?

Anyway, if ya'll know your history, you all know the league certainly didn't like Jordan early, nor did the players.  He was froze out at the all-star game, fined many times, etc, etc.  BUT, he was the most exciting player in the league, and once he began to win, it was a wrap.  It was NIKE who helped him become who he was, and the league just rode that after.  Everyone knows that

Anyway, with all the name-calling and people calling others stupid and "ignorant muthafuckas" when they don't agree with something, don't you think the mod should lock this?  WHo is the mod anyway?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »
The media simply cannot create a star the level of Jordan, and they cannot create it with Kobe either. If they could, they would. I don't care what endorsements Kobe lost after the scandal. All of them combined weren't worth as much as one Air Jordan commercial.

The media can create Ashton Kutcher. They can't create Jim Carrey. You're either a garaunteed 100 million dollars or you are not.

kobe is a global icon as it is...already one of the most popular figures in the world...i really dont see anything that would stop him from being Jordan status with that same push Jordan received.

I don't see why the NBA, Nike, NBC, etc, wouldn't push him like Jordan if he was the icon he is. it's a conspiracy to make him less popular than Jordan? They don't want to make more money. He just isn't as likable. There is a whiny bitch in him that resonates and people see that. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are both bigger stars than Kobe and neither of them are anywhere near Jordan in terms of popularity. The reality is that when Jordan was on top NBA Finals were doing NFL Playoffs TV numbers and topping out with almost a 20.0 rating while Kobe and the Lakers vs The Celtics couldn't even average a 10.0 rating. Jordan doubled the guy in the ratings.

Larry Bird had everything you needed to make a megastar. He was arguably the best guy playing. He was white. A good ol boy. But he didn't have the x factor like Jordan and that's why he never reached the same popularity. You say global icon about Kobe like he's Muhammed Ali. He may not be Ashton Kutcher, but he's not Jim Carrey. Adam Sandler at best.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger stars than Kobe? are you joking? LMAOOO. come on, Shallow. you're not an ignorant poster, so don't make ignorant claims. The reason NBA, Nike, ABC, etc doesn't give Kobe the same push is because they're making more money nowadays than they were in the Jordan era by promoting various NBA superstars as opposed to just one. I already explained this many, MANY times. If Kobe were to be given even half the promotion that a LeBron gets, his image would SKYROCKET..But Kobe sells himself, he doesnt need that push. He plays in the biggest market and he's beloved in LA regardless. the NBA realizes that Kobe is a cash cow, even without promotion, so they choose to push LeBron to create another cash cow alongside Kobe...this also makes for better rivalries (ala the Kobe-LeBron puppet commercials) and more interesting story-lines....I dunno why this is so hard to see? Face it, Jordan didn't have a "special charm" that no one else had. What he had was extreme promotion and dickriding by the media and the league...he was the NBA's golden child, and that's all there is to it. He came in at a perfect time and played great basketball. Jordan was just as much a "asshole" as Kobe, if not more. the NBA just had a really good way of masking it for the benefit of the league...PeACe

What are the TV ratings when Manning plays Brady in prime time? Oh, yeah their worst prime time rating in the regular season has a higher rating than any NBA game Kobe has ever played in, period. Yeah, so I say they are both bigger stars than Kobe. Both SNL hosts. Both on commercials and/or major media stories. Leave LA once in a while and walk around cities and towns in the country and just say "Brady or Manning?". You are going to get a lot more reactions and heated debates then you'll ever get from "Kobe or Jordan?" or "Kobe or Shaq?". The USA is a white country and white people like football more than basketball so the biggest stars in football will almost always be bigger than the biggest stars in basketball. Jordan is the one and only exception.

Ok? so football is a bigger sport in America than basketball...what's your point? Kobe, like Jordan, is bigger than the sport itself...walk down the street and ask random people if they know who Kobe is. who the hell wont know who you're talking about? not a single person. now walk down the street and ask people who Tom Brady is...I guarantee you that you'll find at least a few people asking "Tom who?"...and not just in America, Kobe is a global icon. go to Europe and try seeing if anyone recognizes the name Tom Brady. LOL. seriously, it's funny that I'd even have to argue this. Kobe is the much bigger name, end of story.

Fuck worldwide. We're talking domestic market. If you want to talk world wide then there are probably atleast 25 soccer players you couldn't even recognize ten times bigger than Kobe will ever. Shit, David Beckham has shrines in India. Kobe is not bigger than the sport. He's just the biggest name with in the sport. Seriously, leave LA and you'll see. Go to Bitters, Arkansas and every other town like it. The majority of the US is suburbs, not major cities. 300 million people. US, NY, Chicago, and Houston are the four biggest and they don't even total one tenth of the population combined.

If you go to a supermarket and ask a bunch of old ladies who Peyton Manning is they won't know, but they sure as fuck won't know Kobe either. Babe Ruth was bigger than the sport. They had a fucking popcorn film on his life 50 years after he died. Kobe will be lucky to get an HBO telefilm about his affair.

The fact of the matter is, Kobe is a bigger name, regardless. I really think there's more chance of an old lady at a supermarket recognizing the name Kobe over Peyton. LOL. whatever, though...there's no changing your opinion. I just honestly think you underestimate the influence media and marketing has on your average consumer...PeACe

Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'd just leave him, talking sense to NIK is pointless. And I would agree with you, in MN, there are some many places that either don't know, or don't care about the name Kobe Bryant. They might care about Kevin Garnett, but they don't know Kobe. And my grandma knew Shaq, never Kobe.

talking sense? it's an OPINION, smart guy. LOL. and it's hard for me to believe that "many places" don't know the name Kobe...and don't bring up your non-english speakin grandma. the only reason she heard the name Shaq is because you probably used to talk about him all the damn time when he was your idol...walkin around the house in his jersey and shit. :D

I believe "many" no problem. Most would be something you'd have to show stats for but many isn't hard to reach. There were a couple people on the Michael Jackson jury that had never heard of him. Michael fucking Jackson and randomly selected people had no clue. For every 1 person in the world that doesn't know Michael Jackson there's probably 100 that don't know Kobe.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2009, 05:47:23 PM »
You know what I find funny, NIK is the ONLY "Laker fan" (its in quotes for a reason) on the forum that other Laker fans regularly argue with lol. Doesnt it show who is the bottom of the barrell when it comes to Laker fans on the board?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
For every 1 person in the world that doesn't know Michael Jackson there's probably 100 that don't know Kobe.

and then you say you're not pushin it? LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »
You know what I find funny, NIK is the ONLY "Laker fan" (its in quotes for a reason) on the forum that other Laker fans regularly argue with lol. Doesnt it show who is the bottom of the barrell when it comes to Laker fans on the board?

what laker fans do i argue with "regularly"?...LOL. stop reachin when u have nothin 2 say.

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2009, 10:50:11 PM »

what laker fans do i argue with "regularly"?...LOL. stop reachin when u have nothin 2 say.

Everybody sees it, except you.  The Laker fans on here who are real fans, are the ones youve argued with lol.  M-Dogg, Jake, el creepo, etc. All those guys cus they hold their team accountable when they fuck up....rather then just keep suckin Kobe's dick no matter what happens.  They see u as a joke to, i guarantee you. They are just fans of the same team as you, but arent cheerleaders like you.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »
u guys need to stop bitchin like a bunch of fuckin girls already.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2009, 06:54:48 AM »
For every 1 person in the world that doesn't know Michael Jackson there's probably 100 that don't know Kobe.

Huh? I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me or are you saying Kobe is just as big as Michael Jackson? Because if it's the latter then I might as well say Kobe is bigger than Jesus because that may be the only one you won't argue with. If you do indded think the name Kobe is as popular as Jesus then please tell me because knowing that would save me a lot of time never entering a discussion with you again.

teecee

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2009, 11:39:38 AM »
I don't give a shit who the "biggest athlete" in the world is, but I GUARANTEE you no one comes close to DAVID BECKHAM.

I took a year off, traveled through the South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe.  EVERYONE knows Beckham.  In a jungle in the middle of Laos where they don't have access to clean water or electricity, they were all pointing at me and saying "Beckham Beckham" because I had the "faux-hawk" that he used to have. 

It is BIZARRE how truly reknowned and popular Beckham is, and NO ONE comes close that is still active today

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »

Everybody sees it, except you.  The Laker fans on here who are real fans, are the ones youve argued with lol.  M-Dogg, Jake, el creepo, etc. All those guys cus they hold their team accountable when they fuck up....rather then just keep suckin Kobe's dick no matter what happens.  They see u as a joke to, i guarantee you. They are just fans of the same team as you, but arent cheerleaders like you.

wtf are you talkin about? do you even TRY to stay real with what you say?? LOL i talk to Jake about Lakers outside this board all the time and he knows whatsup...Mdogg has acknowldged me as a die hard fan many times in the past...el creepo aka west coast was one of those dudes who never liked me as a person (stemming from the G-Spot), but even he knows that I know my shit. LOL....you're talkin 2 the biggest Laker fan on this board, you douche. maybe try being accurate with your claims? thanks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:49 PM »

Huh? I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me or are you saying Kobe is just as big as Michael Jackson? Because if it's the latter then I might as well say Kobe is bigger than Jesus because that may be the only one you won't argue with. If you do indded think the name Kobe is as popular as Jesus then please tell me because knowing that would save me a lot of time never entering a discussion with you again.

Kobe is not as big as Michael Jackson, no doubt...but if you're tryna claim the Michael Jackson, in this day and age, is 100 times bigger, then that's just absurd.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »

Kobe is not as big as Michael Jackson, no doubt...but if you're tryna claim the Michael Jackson, in this day and age, is 100 times bigger, then that's just absurd.

Prime for prime I mean. Kobe is at his peak right about now. In 1983/84 MJ was at least 100 times bigger than Kobe is now.

« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

wtf are you talkin about? do you even TRY to stay real with what you say?? LOL i talk to Jake about Lakers outside this board all the time and he knows whatsup...Mdogg has acknowldged me as a die hard fan many times in the past...el creepo aka west coast was one of those dudes who never liked me as a person (stemming from the G-Spot), but even he knows that I know my shit. LOL....you're talkin 2 the biggest Laker fan on this board, you douche. maybe try being accurate with your claims? thanks.

talking about the Lakers the most, doesnt make you the biggest fan dummy lol. And being a delusional cheerleader, DEFINETELY doesnt. All those guys are bigger Laker fans then you, because from Ive seen so far, theyre actually fans.  What doesnt your little brain understand about the difference between a fan and a cheerleader (you)?  I know youre just some idiot kid who still thinks its cool to go to raves and brag about your drug use (welcome to high school) lol. But thats no excuse to not understand what Im saying. Your brain isnt THAT fried yet.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:05 AM »

talking about the Lakers the most, doesnt make you the biggest fan dummy lol. And being a delusional cheerleader, DEFINETELY doesnt. All those guys are bigger Laker fans then you, because from Ive seen so far, theyre actually fans.  What doesnt your little brain understand about the difference between a fan and a cheerleader (you)?  I know youre just some idiot kid who still thinks its cool to go to raves and brag about your drug use (welcome to high school) lol. But thats no excuse to not understand what Im saying. Your brain isnt THAT fried yet.

it's clear that when you have a personal grudge against me, son. cut it out, cuz it's making you look like a real female. try discussing topics instead of discussing the people discussing the topics. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Prime for prime I mean. Kobe is at his peak right about now. In 1983/84 MJ was at least 100 times bigger than Kobe is now.

alright...that sounds a lot more reasonable. LOL. but in all honesty, Kobe is as big a name as there is in American sports today, and that's with very little backing...PeACe