Author Topic: Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3  (Read 478 times)

Elano

Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:55:41 PM »
Jay-Z's release of his street single "Death of Auto-Tune" has been popular on the web and the radio. With the subject matter getting fans excited or in an uproar, it's certainly got people talking. But now, the man behind the song has spoken about it with New York's Hot97.

Speaking on the topic of Auto-Tune, Jigga said he had no problem with Kanye, T-Pain or Weezy.

"The guys who did, did it great," he said. "Let them guys do it. They got their little niche. Let's move on."

Fans have been waiting for Blueprint 3 for quite some time and it's actually very close to dropping, according to Hov.

"I'm pretty much at the launching pad right now."

This somewhat confirms initial reports that the album will be released September 11, on the same date the first installment of The Blueprint dropped . Many have also wondered about which label Jay would release the album under.

"Right now, I bought my album back. I overpaid for it," he noted. "I believe at this point in my career, I wanted to be totally independent and free in what I wanted to do. Def Jam and Universal, they did a beautiful thing in letting me pay. They overcharged me a little bit, but I appreciate all the years they put into my career and all of the hard work I put into what I do. I could never have a record deal. I'm working with Atlantic to distribute the album."

He went on to say that he doesn't measure success by how much money he makes anymore.

"Success is being around the people you [are] most comfortable with. It's no problem. It's not about money."

With that in mind, he said the album will have a "classic" feel to it.

"My thing...The vibe I'm in right now is stripping it down and bringing it back to classic. I hear people. I gotta get back to my square and let people know what time it is."

Lunatic

Re: Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
I can't fucking wait.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Soopahigh

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
shits going to be classic...I've liked everything I've heard thus far.....can't wait for it to leak :)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 04:18:29 PM »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
jay-z still is yet to top "reasonable doubt"

kinda sad.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

kinda sad.

that's what i've said, but i mean he has made some great albums after that & even his two latest albums weren't as big of a disappointment to me as they were to others.

BP3 will be great, i can feel it. 8)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:30 AM »

kinda sad.
why's that sad? Nas has to top Illmatic, Snoop has Doggystyle. alot of artists first album was their best
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 03:22:08 AM »
Dude above me hit the nail on the head. It's not uncommon at all, especially when Reasonable Doubt was as good as it was. I mean 50 Cent still hasn't topped the mixtape shit before his first album.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »

kinda sad.
why's that sad? Nas has to top Illmatic, Snoop has Doggystyle. alot of artists first album was their best

jayz is a 39 year old who's used so many Biggie lines it's rediculous.  he uses Biggie lines more than Fatal steals old 2pac lines!

dude has a great business savy but as a rapper is hella over-rated!

very average flow in a very bad mainstream rap game
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
Wtf happen to this fool being retired? That retirement shit was just a marketing tool so people would buy his shit. I hope hes not on his old man shit like his last album. Next single "40 is the new 30"

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:03:20 PM »
Jay's influenced and done more for hip-hop than any of you so why speak ill of his name?  You're going to deny his talent and his career long history?  Get the fuck out of here.  He hasn't dropped a bad album since Blueprint with the exception of Blueprint 2.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
Jay's influenced and done more for hip-hop than any of you so why speak ill of his name?  You're going to deny his talent and his career long history?  Get the fuck out of here.  He hasn't dropped a bad album since Blueprint with the exception of Blueprint 2.

LOL so if someone influecnes hip hop more than Joe Six pack they must have their dick sucked every time they drop a wack album with heavy promotion?

its called SPEAKING YOUR MIND...not being a little sheep.

if something is wack, call it out!

I still bump Jay'z "Bring It On" on a weekly basis, but as far as what dude is up to last 5+ years his shit stinks.   he's 39 for fucks sake

Jay-z did more for hip hop than I, someone not claiming to be a rapper, did.  WOW GREAT LOGIC EINSTEIN LOL

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »
What the fuck does his age got to do with anything?   

You speak ill on Jay like he's some newcomer.  He's got a legendary legacy.  And, none of his material from the past 5 years have been suspect aside from a few tracks on Blueprint 2.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »

kinda sad.
Jay z unlike Nas went super commerical Im not saying theres any thing wrong with that but Nas
when he drops albums hes been able to keep a great flow. I never liked Jay Z im not gonna lie the
only Jay Z albums I like are Resonable Doubt and American Gangster.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube