Author Topic: MORALITY IS POINTLESS  (Read 304 times)

J Bananas

Re: MORALITY IS POINTLESS
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
Morality is not pointless, but it is a self generated value, so I think no man should be held to believe in another's sense of morality unless he really agrees.

umm, thats a bit extreme lol.  Why do we have laws then?

Laws are formed to protect us from things that all (or majority) of us believe violate our own moral code. How is that extreme?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »
Morality is not pointless, but it is a self generated value, so I think no man should be held to believe in another's sense of morality unless he really agrees.

Laws are formed to protect us from things that all (or majority) of us believe violate our own moral code. How is that extreme?

I was referring to the part about "no man should be held to believe in another's sense of morality".  But we do this everyday, its the code our society lives by.  True enough, you may not have to BELIEVE in another's sense of morality, but we have to abide by it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J Bananas

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

I was referring to the part about "no man should be held to believe in another's sense of morality".  But we do this everyday, its the code our society lives by.  True enough, you may not have to BELIEVE in another's sense of morality, but we have to abide by it.

Only if it's made in to a state governed law. Otherwise I can set a koran on fire with bacon grease and nobody can do shit unless they have a gun.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

What the fuck does QFT mean? Lol.
I was wondering the same thing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

universe

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 01:40:45 AM »
YOU WOULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW QT IF WE DIDN'T HAVE MORALS.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »
Morality... yeah that's man made.....

most of y'all had some really good points about it, me personally, I subscribe more to a universal karma (there's many different names, pick one that fits for you); what you put out is what you get back....

I don't worry about the morality of the society I'm in, I kinda naturally fit in just by following my own knowledge and beliefs....

but, to be honest, Quiet Truth is right, Fuck morality.....

Morality, in part, is a religious concept and since I've learned the universal truth about religion, I'm straight on anything that's related to it....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 05:34:38 PM »
Rape will always be wrong, Murder will always be wrong. Just because a society condones something doesn't make it right. Our society teaches us to be selfish and screw each other over for personal gain. It doesn't mean its moral.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »

Only if it's made in to a state governed law.

EXACTLY. lol  I dont think we are really disagreeing here.  Im saying law is based on a particular society morals.  Even if you dont believe in those morals yourself, you still have to abide by them. So even though you do not technically have to believe in those morals, aren't you still living under someone elses values?  Its like me telling you that you do not have to believe in God, but you are required to pray to him everyday
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »

Only if it's made in to a state governed law. Otherwise I can set a koran on fire with bacon grease and nobody can do shit unless they have a gun.
 dont disrespect
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »
MORALITY CAN LEAD YOU DOWN WRONG PATHS BUT IN THE LONG RUN ITS GOOD STUFF...
TRUE TRUE 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 06:38:59 PM »
Rape will always be wrong, Murder will always be wrong. Just because a society condones something doesn't make it right. Our society teaches us to be selfish and screw each other over for personal gain. It doesn't mean its moral.

Rape is wrong and murder is wrong only because that's the belief of the society we were born into. If you had been born into a society that condoned it you would have a completely different mindset and you would think those things are okay.