Author Topic: In Da Club appreciation thread (!)  (Read 592 times)

jeanmiche777

In Da Club appreciation thread (!)
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
Yea, I think that this track deserves a place in the history in rap. It was arguably the best non-sampled Dr Dre beat, and without a doubt one of the best ''club banger'' ever. I mean, every dance crowd is going crazy when this is playin'. And even if you hate 50, you can't deny the genius of his lyrics (catchy), voice and flow on that instrumental.

Dunno, I felt like making this after reading some comments about Dre latest beats saying that even In Da Club beat wasn't THAT good.

It's a shame that 50 is trying on almost every new Dre beat to recreate this song, I'm sure they will NEVER make another club banger as good as this one.

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: In Da Club appreciation thread (!)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »
i remember first downloading this song when i was in az. i thought " this is the shit, 50 cent is dope" now i cant really stand the shit music he is making.

to me he is just like ja rule, they come and go. these rappers are just marketing plans. but the real spitters will always be here.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:33:46 AM »
I remember the first time i heard that " go go go go shorty its ya birthday!!!!" i was like whhooohh this shit is different. Then i saw the video where he comes down from the ceiling that was sick, it just had a feel that something big was about to happen!!

6 years later??? now our hopes for decent music from him are resting on a mixtape lol....lp sorry  ;D
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:09:04 AM »
Yeah In Da Club was crazy. At the time, EVERYONE was bumping it, be it hip hop heads or twelve year old chicks. I'm sure it still can still get a party going.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:12:53 AM »
I remember downloading that song, and then going to buy the album, lol.

In Da Club ushered in a new type of vibe for the party single.  The beat sounded futuristic and like such an upgrade sonically to anything else.

Still hard to believe they snuck a Game cameo into the video.  And also they were doing that Yayo "You cant see me" shit in it too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:14:30 AM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 03:20:13 AM »
I remember downloading that song, and then going to buy the album, lol.

In Da Club ushered in a new type of vibe for the party single.  The beat sounded futuristic and like such an upgrade sonically to anything else.

Still hard to believe they snuck a Game cameo into the video.  And also they were doing that Yayo "You cant see me" shit in it too.

I think yayo was on the run then and game was still on the shelf at aftermath.......how things change lol
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 03:34:53 AM »
Yea, I think that this track deserves a place in the history in rap. It was arguably the best non-sampled Dr Dre beat, and without a doubt one of the best ''club banger'' ever. I mean, every dance crowd is going crazy when this is playin'. And even if you hate 50, you can't deny the genius of his lyrics (catchy), voice and flow on that instrumental.

Dunno, I felt like making this after reading some comments about Dre latest beats saying that even In Da Club beat wasn't THAT good.

It's a shame that 50 is trying on almost every new Dre beat to recreate this song, I'm sure they will NEVER make another club banger as good as this one.

really?

i mean it's quite good for what it is, but let's not exaggerate

MediumL

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »
^^^ Its definitely a classic club banger. Its just become a standard track for DJs at parties and clubs. Everyone knows it and its easy to step to. Remember everyone singing it round school and thinking wtf is that song. Checked it and got hooked. GRODT and Beg For Mercy got an unbelievable amount of spins from me  :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Okka

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:43:05 AM »
One of the best club bangers ever and still one of my favourite 50 Cent songs too.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 04:48:41 AM »
Great track no doubt although I think it was gift and curse for 50. Because now every time him and Dre do a single he tries to recreate In Da Club and of course it's never up to standard. Not to mention that every single he drops always get commented like this "it's no In Da Club..."

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 04:51:28 AM »
Still hard to believe they snuck a Game cameo into the video.

You know, I never even noticed that until around 6 months ago when the video came on the music channel.

Moe

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »
in da club had more name dropping than the whole of the documentary. i noticed that a few weeks ago

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:29:11 AM »
in da club had more name dropping than the whole of the documentary. i noticed that a few weeks ago

I think he mentions dre em xzipt and 2pac..........so i think not  8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 07:37:21 AM »
 8)

Portugoal

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
Great track no doubt although I think it was gift and curse for 50 hip hop fans.

Fixed.