Author Topic: World Series (Commentators)  (Read 270 times)

JaViDaNeah

• Lil Geezy
World Series (Commentators)
« on: October 20, 2002, 10:04:33 AM »
 What the fuck is up with Joe Buck and Tim McCarver?  ARe these guys idiots? They made a mockery out of the World Series. with comments like this "Tim, dont you dare say anything about the rally monkey, thats only after the 6th inning, then we can get our monkeys filled"  or when Tim said "correction, I was not 10 when the Giants beat the cardinals a few days ago" Yea go to sleep Tim.  Instead of Joe saying "LETS PLAY BALL" before the first pitch, his stupid ass said "you got your monkeys and we all got moneks" some stupid shit like that.  Man this is pathetic.  FOX sucks dick.  How many times do we have to see those damn "Boston Public" commercials.  I swear i saw them 20 times yesterday.  Another thing,  what happened to the first pitch of the game?  They should have showed Gene Autry pitch to Chuck Finley, for God's sake its the FIRST ANGELS WORLD SERIES!!! FOX IS DUMB.  OH yea and now they are adding sound effects , with the trumpets after Barry Bonds hits his first World Series HR and Joe Buck says "royalty rounds 2nd" well la di freakin DA we got a fucken cartoon going on here.

The Big Bad Ass

Re:World Series (Commentators)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 01:59:39 PM »
lol, I was kind of annoyed too. Those Boston Public commercials got real old real fast.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 03:57:54 PM »
must watch boston public must watch boston public

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 04:09:00 PM »

lol. IT WORKED!

tnp

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 01:43:25 AM »
What the fuck is up with Joe Buck and Tim McCarver?  ARe these guys idiots? They made a mockery out of the World Series. with comments like this "Tim, dont you dare say anything about the rally monkey, thats only after the 6th inning, then we can get our monkeys filled"  or when Tim said "correction, I was not 10 when the Giants beat the cardinals a few days ago" Yea go to sleep Tim.  Instead of Joe saying "LETS PLAY BALL" before the first pitch, his stupid ass said "you got your monkeys and we all got moneks" some stupid shit like that.  Man this is pathetic.  FOX sucks dick.  How many times do we have to see those damn "Boston Public" commercials.  I swear i saw them 20 times yesterday.  Another thing,  what happened to the first pitch of the game?  They should have showed Gene Autry pitch to Chuck Finley, for God's sake its the FIRST ANGELS WORLD SERIES!!! FOX IS DUMB.  OH yea and now they are adding sound effects , with the trumpets after Barry Bonds hits his first World Series HR and Joe Buck says "royalty rounds 2nd" well la di freakin DA we got a fucken cartoon going on here.

I didn't get to see tonight's game but I've watched the whole playoffs having to listen to those dumbasses. I've been thinking the same thing since the postseason started, and FOX has the playoffs and WS for how much longer? Have you noticed that everyone is "the best" at what they do? The announcers will say "no one sits on an 0-2 fastball better than Shinjo, no one." Or really obvious things like "Jarrod Washburn would rather have an 0-2 count on Jeff Kent than a 2-0". Really? Or the pitcher will throw the first pitch of the game and it will be high and Tim McCarver will say "looks like Reuter just doesn't have it tonight" basing that on one pitch. Did you see the Twins/Angels series, when in the Fox studio they had a gorilla (supposed to be a rally monkey) fighting some guy with a homer hanky (the Twins rallying symbol)? Fox is making a joke out of a tradition. They like to omit things too. Like Jason Schmidt did dominate the game against the Cardinals, but he didn't fare so well in the game against the Braves, but they never mention that, only that Schmidt is the next coming of Randy Johnson, Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, Walter Johnson and Cy Young all rolled into one (well, they haven't said it yet but just wait). The trumpeting is typical Fox, but even I didn't imagine that they would replay the CLASSIC Giants 1951 game ending/pennent winning call over David Bell sliding home a few days ago to win the pennent. Infuckingcredible.

tnp

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 04:04:33 PM »

LMFAO

Guess you are Brain Washed... LOL