Author Topic: What Improvements can be made to DUBCNN?  (Read 424 times)

Mil

• dubcnn staff
  • Muthafuckin' OG
Re: What Improvements can be made to DUBCNN?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »
They were supposed to get RSS around new year's and what a surprise, we're here 6 months later with nothing. Come on guys, that is just pure laziness.

I think its extremely harsh to write it off as 'laziness' when you don't know whats going on behind the scenes. The guys works incredibly hard on the site, and there wouldn't have been mention of an RSS feed unless there were plans to introduce one. Of course nobody wants a half assed version with plenty of bugs so it can take time trying to bring you the best possible set up.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
how about they update the vault more then once every 3 months so i dont do credits for the same album twice.

as the case was with 40 cal- broken saftey

Well, it actually takes a whole lot of time to update the Dubcc & Dubcnn index, and the more often I do it, the more time it takes.
Each time takes several hours, too much for one guy with work & uni to attend.  :-\

The Watcher

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
how about they update the vault more then once every 3 months so i dont do credits for the same album twice.

as the case was with 40 cal- broken saftey

get someone else to do it, or help out
Well, it actually takes a whole lot of time to update the Dubcc & Dubcnn index, and the more often I do it, the more time it takes.
Each time takes several hours, too much for one guy with work & uni to attend.  :-\

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
show more love to the cats trying to come up, PERIOD!

ya'll would have the best site out if you guys showed love to the people trying to get out there.
That's a gay thing to say.  Dubcnn has put so many people on, its not even funny.

Blasphemy

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »
Dubcnn seems to have money issues, cause more then once I've seen that message that says "This user has used up their bandwidth".I mean I'm putting together a album, so money is going to that, if I have any extra I'd be willing to donate.  8) 8) 8)

Possibly have a section for Singles to be sold. Dubcnn can take a small percentage. though they would have to work out a agreement, and the Unsigned Hyped idea, could be good, have 3 singles for DL for free and the entire mixtape can be bought off the site. That way both the new comers and the site can generate income.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:19:29 AM by Blasphemy »

MarshColin

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 02:24:13 AM »
They were supposed to get RSS around new year's and what a surprise, we're here 6 months later with nothing. Come on guys, that is just pure laziness.

I think its extremely harsh to write it off as 'laziness' when you don't know whats going on behind the scenes. The guys works incredibly hard on the site, and there wouldn't have been mention of an RSS feed unless there were plans to introduce one. Of course nobody wants a half assed version with plenty of bugs so it can take time trying to bring you the best possible set up.

Well it's been 6 months since you guys said it was just around the corner and you haven't said shit since then. Every other site, including the shitty ones, have RSS so honestly don't give these bullshit excuses like there's too many bugs or whatever. We're not idiots.

Blasphemy

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Oh, what ever happened to announcement of Dubcnn Magizine??? I want a sub 2 that lol

ABN

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »
i know it´s a site mostly dedicated to west coast music but i´d much rather read about a non WC rapper then about all of those wack ass rappers that´s always on Dubcnn. and a better review section would be appreciated.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 09:17:47 AM »
why not make a "east coast rap" section?

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 09:37:58 AM »

Well it's been 6 months since you guys said it was just around the corner and you haven't said shit since then. Every other site, including the shitty ones, have RSS so honestly don't give these bullshit excuses like there's too many bugs or whatever. We're not idiots.

Anyone can set up an RSS feed with no content but when dubcnn started RSS didnt exist...we have 7 years worth of archives that have to be compataible with the RSS feed and due to character issues most of it isnt...i am working on a fix but it takes time.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
i know it´s a site mostly dedicated to west coast music but i´d much rather read about a non WC rapper then about all of those wack ass rappers that´s always on Dubcnn. and a better review section would be appreciated.

We are taking on extra review staff and if you checked dubcnn regularly you'd see that we are far from a westcoast only artists site...

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »
show more love to the cats trying to come up, PERIOD!

ya'll would have the best site out if you guys showed love to the people trying to get out there.
That's a gay thing to say.  Dubcnn has put so many people on, its not even funny.

Props Eddie, im glad someone else said it!