Author Topic: The Countdown To GTA:VC  (Read 266 times)

Big BpG

The Countdown To GTA:VC
« on: October 20, 2002, 10:06:10 PM »
Right now, as I type this... it is October 20th, 10:17 pm CT and well, we are 9 days away from what  will probably be the biggest day for anyone who has a Playstation 2. Yes, the release of GTA:VC is right around the corner. The series, which has been around for years, will add yet another chapter. GTA3, which broke grounds on almost every level of gaming... will be shunned as the second best PS2 game out of Sony's huge library, and I'm here to let you all what we've played and what we're going to play.

GTA3
When GTA3 was first announced to the public two years ago, anticipation for the game was quite low. For one full year, all we knew about the game was what we read, and what we saw on gaming sites and magazines. The game was recieving a lot of praise from those who got early chances to play the game... and as they played, they told us, how great the game actually was. As they told, we grew in anticipation... was this game really as good as they said. Most fans of the series were quite excited, but the average gamer was just sitting in the back with no clue of what was coming,  then it came. The day was October 16, the year, 2001, and from that time, the gaming world changed. For years, we've been waiting for a game to make some change, and we haven't seen a change so big, since the release of Mario World 64 (the first 3D platform game) ... what GTA3 brought people, was freedom. You have never had some much during a game. Like most games, to exceed farther , you must succeed to pass certain levels, difficulties and challenges. With GTA3, that was not present. You had a choice. You could play the game, as the creators intended, or you could just play, you could just sit down, pick up a controller and play, with no intent to continue farther through the story. The choice to kill people and to be evil was up to the gamer. The choice to get fares from taxi customers, was up to the gamer.... everything...  was up to the gamer, and that has never happened in a game before. With this added freedom, GTA3 exploded in sales.... from a mediocre release, the game soon became the game to get for the PS2.... like Doggystyle is to Snoop Dogg.... GTA3 is to the Playstation 2. The game still is one of the best selling games month after month.... and still at full price....a full year later.... that's hardcore.... however, with it's success, time is now looking forward.... to the future and the future is in GTA:VC.....

GTA:VC
Announced only a few short months ago, this game has already sold 4 million copies.... or pre-orders that is, but however you look at it, this game is one on everyones list..... and well... it should be. Developers, Rockstar, are looking to push this game and it's series to even more heights... and that is to add on to the freedom handed to us in GTA3. This time around... life within this almost perfectly simulated city, has been much enhanced.... not only will you be feeling defeat from the police, others will too... if someone shoots at you, he better watch out for the po po around the corner... and that is big.... the presence of 'gangs' in last years game, was quite awesome, having a group of thugs chasing you down the street with bats, or shooting at you, was a thrill in it's own... and now, they are stronger, and a lot tougher to deal with. They roll in groups now... you wont just see one walking alone, you'll see ten, all grouped up,  wearing rags, sagging pants and carrying baseball bats, and loaded pistols. You fuck with one, you fuck with 9 others. However, dont think everything is negative when it comes down to these guys. This time around, they will take sides, if you fuck with one group, they'll be more likely to fuck you up the next time they see you... if you perform good deeds for another, not only will they be less likely to smack you, they'll help you out too... that equals... massive gang fights.... and well.... that's huge.... when it came to vehicles... GTA3 was filled with them... and with GTA:VC, the smell of the 1980's is everywhere... you'll have cars created by the creators, to actual cars like the classic delorean, but cars aren't everything you get.... you also get motorcycles... from big hogs, to small sports bikes.... to even the buzzing scooter, nothing is left out....  and if you thought the ground was cool, wait till you get some hang time... now the ability to fly is very present... now you dont have to try and learn to fly the dodo... you can fly anything.... and not just helicopters.... you can also fly planes... and not just small planes, you can fly jumbo jets, that's commercial jets, flying above the city... and that may cause controversy, but it's better to do it in a game... than in real life.... oh did i mention, you can put the helicopter in "hover mode" and shoot people from above...as for boats, there are lots of em, speed boats, sailing boats, pontoons and every water toy you can think of... and the police are a lot stronger on water this time... you think going to the water now, will be safe... haha, remeber, this is GTA:VC, every fix from GTA3, is here........ what about buildings... in GTA3, you had to stick  to the roads... if you wanted to deck to the airport .... you were screwed.... you couldn't go inside, now you can... with a real life airport scene... people waiting in the seats, to people boarding, to people going through secuirity scanners... and remember.... you'll always set off the alarm..... any building you would want to go in, you can... from, clubs, to airports, to hotel suits and well... there's also a penthouse suite (a secret location, you'll have to find... all i can say is, it's 40 stories up) .... even building tops... and yes, every building has a roof... some with pools, some without....you want to hit the roof top for safety, remember.... the police have helicopters too and this time, they drop down from them.... as for weapons.... there are more... and they go far from guns and bats, now their is even a tool shop... where you can grab chainsaws... and not for cutting trees.... basically, what im saying is... GTA:VC is everything we wanted in GTA3 and more.... EVERYTHING... can you swim??? I can't say, but we will find out...and how about the music... everything is real... all the music is filled with aroma of 80's... from michael jackson to phil collins, madonna and everything else you loved back in the day.... every character has a voice and there are over 20 celebrity voices in the game, including Ray Liotta and Dennis Hopper.... this game is going to be huge, and huge it will be.... remember.... October 29th.... is the day, the gaming world will change............again....

-Big BpG (11:02 pm CT)

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Smooth

Re:The Countdown To GTA:VC
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 10:39:07 PM »
Right now, as I type this... it is October 20th, 10:17 pm CT and well, we are 9 days away from what  will probably be the biggest day for anyone who has a Playstation 2. Yes, the release of GTA:VC is right around the corner. The series, which has been around for years, will add yet another chapter. GTA3, which broke grounds on almost every level of gaming... will be shunned as the second best PS2 game out of Sony's huge library, and I'm here to let you all what we've played and what we're going to play.

GTA3
When GTA3 was first announced to the public two years ago, anticipation for the game was quite low. For one full year, all we knew about the game was what we read, and what we saw on gaming sites and magazines. The game was recieving a lot of praise from those who got early chances to play the game... and as they played, they told us, how great the game actually was. As they told, we grew in anticipation... was this game really as good as they said. Most fans of the series were quite excited, but the average gamer was just sitting in the back with no clue of what was coming,  then it came. The day was October 16, the year, 2001, and from that time, the gaming world changed. For years, we've been waiting for a game to make some change, and we haven't seen a change so big, since the release of Mario World 64 (the first 3D platform game) ... what GTA3 brought people, was freedom. You have never had some much during a game. Like most games, to exceed farther , you must succeed to pass certain levels, difficulties and challenges. With GTA3, that was not present. You had a choice. You could play the game, as the creators intended, or you could just play, you could just sit down, pick up a controller and play, with no intent to continue farther through the story. The choice to kill people and to be evil was up to the gamer. The choice to get fares from taxi customers, was up to the gamer.... everything...  was up to the gamer, and that has never happened in a game before. With this added freedom, GTA3 exploded in sales.... from a mediocre release, the game soon became the game to get for the PS2.... like Doggystyle is to Snoop Dogg.... GTA3 is to the Playstation 2. The game still is one of the best selling games month after month.... and still at full price....a full year later.... that's hardcore.... however, with it's success, time is now looking forward.... to the future and the future is in GTA:VC.....

GTA:VC
Announced only a few short months ago, this game has already sold 4 million copies.... or pre-orders that is, but however you look at it, this game is one on everyones list..... and well... it should be. Developers, Rockstar, are looking to push this game and it's series to even more heights... and that is to add on to the freedom handed to us in GTA3. This time around... life within this almost perfectly simulated city, has been much enhanced.... not only will you be feeling defeat from the police, others will too... if someone shoots at you, he better watch out for the po po around the corner... and that is big.... the presence of 'gangs' in last years game, was quite awesome, having a group of thugs chasing you down the street with bats, or shooting at you, was a thrill in it's own... and now, they are stronger, and a lot tougher to deal with. They roll in groups now... you wont just see one walking alone, you'll see ten, all grouped up,  wearing rags, sagging pants and carrying baseball bats, and loaded pistols. You fuck with one, you fuck with 9 others. However, dont think everything is negative when it comes down to these guys. This time around, they will take sides, if you fuck with one group, they'll be more likely to fuck you up the next time they see you... if you perform good deeds for another, not only will they be less likely to smack you, they'll help you out too... that equals... massive gang fights.... and well.... that's huge.... when it came to vehicles... GTA3 was filled with them... and with GTA:VC, the smell of the 1980's is everywhere... you'll have cars created by the creators, to actual cars like the classic delorean, but cars aren't everything you get.... you also get motorcycles... from big hogs, to small sports bikes.... to even the buzzing scooter, nothing is left out....  and if you thought the ground was cool, wait till you get some hang time... now the ability to fly is very present... now you dont have to try and learn to fly the dodo... you can fly anything.... and not just helicopters.... you can also fly planes... and not just small planes, you can fly jumbo jets, that's commercial jets, flying above the city... and that may cause controversy, but it's better to do it in a game... than in real life.... oh did i mention, you can put the helicopter in "hover mode" and shoot people from above...as for boats, there are lots of em, speed boats, sailing boats, pontoons and every water toy you can think of... and the police are a lot stronger on water this time... you think going to the water now, will be safe... haha, remeber, this is GTA:VC, every fix from GTA3, is here........ what about buildings... in GTA3, you had to stick  to the roads... if you wanted to deck to the airport .... you were screwed.... you couldn't go inside, now you can... with a real life airport scene... people waiting in the seats, to people boarding, to people going through secuirity scanners... and remember.... you'll always set off the alarm..... any building you would want to go in, you can... from, clubs, to airports, to hotel suits and well... there's also a penthouse suite (a secret location, you'll have to find... all i can say is, it's 40 stories up) .... even building tops... and yes, every building has a roof... some with pools, some without....you want to hit the roof top for safety, remember.... the police have helicopters too and this time, they drop down from them.... as for weapons.... there are more... and they go far from guns and bats, now their is even a tool shop... where you can grab chainsaws... and not for cutting trees.... basically, what im saying is... GTA:VC is everything we wanted in GTA3 and more.... EVERYTHING... can you swim??? I can't say, but we will find out...and how about the music... everything is real... all the music is filled with aroma of 80's... from michael jackson to phil collins, madonna and everything else you loved back in the day.... every character has a voice and there are over 20 celebrity voices in the game, including Ray Liotta and Dennis Hopper.... this game is going to be huge, and huge it will be.... remember.... October 29th.... is the day, the gaming world will change............again....

-Big BpG (11:02 pm CT)

Man that was great... that just built my anticipation even more!... I already got it pre-ordered and im counting the days homie...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

closetothalimit

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 05:39:29 AM »
god damn this got me pumped for this game

fuck im pissed off i gotta wait until the 9th of november to play this shit - aint no xbox gonna fuck with this one.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 09:00:15 AM »
I hope they bring out a new GTA:London next, one that can compare to 3 and VC, i didn't reckon much of the first GTA:London but i would really like to see an all new better version coming out on PS2.

and what would be good, but probably outta tha question would be a GTA:Ghetto or sumthin lol! set in LA or Compton sumthin like that! dunno how a game like that would be set but it wud be great!

bez

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 11:32:29 AM »
Dam man that was a great little summary there. Cant wait for this shit, I got butterflies just reading about it.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 11:54:38 AM »
great post, game looks amazing. im off to pre order my copy right now.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 12:30:42 PM »
guess what i work at K mart and the already have the copies in the back....Guess who already has a copy :) i got it last night and it is far better than GTA3...They are lined up in boxes in the stock room..I took someones preorder set aside.lmao

Jome

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2002, 12:49:26 PM »
Great post BPG, I just want this more and more..
It's gonna be AMAZING!

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2002, 03:21:43 PM »
[size=10]I can't fucking wait.  I'm glad I reserved a copy, cause the people who didn't will have to wait until November 5th for the new shipment.[/size]

Jome

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2002, 03:41:28 PM »
Someones excited ^^^^  ;D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2002, 06:14:57 PM »
I hope they bring out a new GTA:London next, one that can compare to 3 and VC, i didn't reckon much of the first GTA:London but i would really like to see an all new better version coming out on PS2.

and what would be good, but probably outta tha question would be a GTA:Ghetto or sumthin lol! set in LA or Compton sumthin like that! dunno how a game like that would be set but it wud be great!

There is a game thats set in the ghetto

True Crimes:Streets of LA

its 400 square miles of authentic LA

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 12:11:04 AM »
i cant fuckin wait i just got socom navy seals and the network adaptor to play online and its fuckin awsome but this game will easily be takin away my socom time!