Author Topic: Spurs trade Oberto, Bowen and K. Thomas to Bucks for Richard Jefferson!!  (Read 905 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
^^ exactly
i hated the Rockets till Artest joined
and i wasent a Lakers fan last season cus they disappointed me when they played the Celtics but they redeemed themselves

im just a fan of basketball not one individual team

then you cant say "we" when talkin about a team..

as for the Spurs, they'll be good, but they still need another piece to truly compete with the Lakers..thats all there is to it, homie.

if they keep Gooden then itll be

Spurs

Duncan
Gooden
Mason
Jefferson
Parker

Lakers
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Thats a pretty even matchup man. As of now, you guys have the deeper bench. But we have a bigger impact player on the bench with Ginobli (if he stays healthy).  Not to mention, there is no guarantee you guys will be able to keep both Ariza and Odom.
Why list Manu on the bench and not Odom? They will both be bench players next season (assuming Odom resigns).

true enough. But for the sake of comparison on my post, he actually makes your starting 5 appear stronger. So moving him to the bench, would only help my argument. lol Thanks though.  :cheers:
But it would take away from the Lakers bench, which you argued is comparable to the Spurs'. So it sort of balances out. It's just a matter of accuracy at this point. :oi:

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

^^ exactly
i hated the Rockets till Artest joined
and i wasent a Lakers fan last season cus they disappointed me when they played the Celtics but they redeemed themselves

im just a fan of basketball not one individual team

then you cant say "we" when talkin about a team..

as for the Spurs, they'll be good, but they still need another piece to truly compete with the Lakers..thats all there is to it, homie.

if they keep Gooden then itll be

Spurs

Duncan
Gooden
Mason
Jefferson
Parker

Lakers
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Thats a pretty even matchup man. As of now, you guys have the deeper bench. But we have a bigger impact player on the bench with Ginobli (if he stays healthy).  Not to mention, there is no guarantee you guys will be able to keep both Ariza and Odom.
Why list Manu on the bench and not Odom? They will both be bench players next season (assuming Odom resigns).

true enough. But for the sake of comparison on my post, he actually makes your starting 5 appear stronger. So moving him to the bench, would only help my argument. lol Thanks though.  :cheers:
But it would take away from the Lakers bench, which you argued is comparable to the Spurs'. So it sort of balances out. It's just a matter of accuracy at this point. :oi:

I gotcha. Actually, I think the Lakers have the stronger bench based on their depth. Starting 5's is hard to judge really, until Jefferson actually plays with our starting 5.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL...our 2nd best player is currently better than your first best.  ::)@"it's hard to judge"

LOL...our 2nd best player is currently better than your first best.  ::)@"it's hard to judge"

NIK with is completely stupid comments again that even Laker fans would say makes absolutely NO sense lolol. Your second best player is Gasol. lol.  He would be our 3rd option on offense last year, and the 4th option if he played for us this year LOL.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

NIK with is completely stupid comments again that even Laker fans would say makes absolutely NO sense lolol. Your second best player is Gasol. lol.  He would be our 3rd option on offense last year, and the 4th option if he played for us this year LOL.

Gasol had a better season than Duncan, STFU

OG Hack Wilson

The Spurs really, REALLY needed more athleticism, and they got it. They are going to be fine, only problem is the low basketball IQ with Gooden AND Jefferson in the starting line-up.

As for Ginobili... that nigga is way past his prime, they can't count on him anymore. Don't get your hopes up for him. I see him playing in Europe in 2 years.

lol i think duncan's basketball IQ alone makes up for the ppl around him
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Gasol had a better season than Duncan, STFU

Season Team G GS MPG  FG%   3p%   FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO   PF   PPG
08-09    SAS 75 75 33.6 0.504 0.000 0.692 2.7 8.0 10.7  3.5  0.5  1.7 2.20 2.30 19.3

08-09    LAL 81 81 37.0 0.567 0.500 0.781 3.2 6.4 9.6    3.5  0.6  1.0 1.94 2.10 18.9

So Duncan leads in PPG, BPG, RPG while playing 3.5 minutes less/game...but somehow had a worse year lol. Youre getting confused because Duncan had a statistically lower year then average for him (even though he played less minutes then normal) which was still better then Pau having a better then normal year for himself. Try again lol

OG Hack Wilson

duncan > gasol

all day, every day
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

duncan > gasol

all day, every day

lol@ NIK. Even Laker fans know how stupid he sounds sometimes. Gasol was a great pick up for the Lakers, no doubt. And he definetely contributed last year. There is no way Kobe would have won a title last year without him.  BUT, sometimes NIK gets a little excited and makes retarded claims about his team that would have Jack Haley callin him a cheerleader lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

duncan > gasol

all day, every day

lol@ NIK. Even Laker fans know how stupid he sounds sometimes. Gasol was a great pick up for the Lakers, no doubt. And he definetely contributed last year. There is no way Kobe would have won a title last year without him.  BUT, sometimes NIK gets a little excited and makes retarded claims about his team that would have Jack Haley callin him a cheerleader lol

stfu....duncan had a down year, he didnt look too great. lots of people agree that Gasol had the better season....Gasol shot the ball better turned the ball over less and played as a 2nd option, while Duncan is the leader of his team. calm down with your hyper ass always gettin outta line....you can "lol" when i make claims that sound ridiculous. Gasol having a better year than Duncan is NOT ridiculous...PeACe

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Cmon NIK!  There has never been a single year when Gasol was bette than TD, how can you even argue this?

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Cmon NIK!  There has never been a single year when Gasol was bette than TD, how can you even argue this?

they scored virtually the same amount of points, while Gasol was the SECOND OPTION...Gasol also shot MUCH better percentages across the board and grabbed only 1 less board, despite playing with a much thicker front court. Gasol had the better season..Duncan was hurt half the time...dude is older now and more fragile.

they scored virtually the same amount of points, while Gasol was the SECOND OPTION...Gasol also shot MUCH better percentages across the board and grabbed only 1 less board, despite playing with a much thicker front court. Gasol had the better season..Duncan was hurt half the time...dude is older now and more fragile.

lol Gasol averaged less points, boards, and blocks...while playing more minutes per game. How is that difficult to understand? lol Youre making yourself sound even more ridiculous the longer you argue. Gasol being a SECOND OPTION definetely contributes to his high shooting percentage. While TD is typically drawing double teams and having to score quick in order to avoid them, Gasol is benefiting from the double teams that Kobe draws, particular when driving to the lane...giving Gasol wide open looks at the basket lol. Get your basketball IQ up man...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Cmon NIK!  There has never been a single year when Gasol was bette than TD, how can you even argue this?

lol Gasol averaged less points, boards, and blocks...while playing more minutes per game. How is that difficult to understand? lol Youre making yourself sound even more ridiculous the longer you argue. Gasol being a SECOND OPTION definetely contributes to his high shooting percentage. While TD is typically drawing double teams and having to score quick in order to avoid them, Gasol is benefiting from the double teams that Kobe draws, particular when driving to the lane...giving Gasol wide open looks at the basket lol. Get your basketball IQ up man...

you are such a fucking dumbass, daygo, i swear....LOL. Gasol had 12.9 shot attempts a game and scored 18.9. Duncan had 14.8 shot attempts and scored 19.3...really now, are you retarded? seriously? which stat looks better to you, moron? and did you ever stop to think that Duncan played 33 mins because thats all he was good for?? im sick of your pathetic shit, you try to argue the dumbest points and act like peoples valid opinions are ridiculous while doing so...STFU for once and realize how fucking stupid u look. you can say Duncan had a better season, go ahead...but tryna act like im way off for sayin Gasol had the more solid season is fuckin retarded, straight up.

Cmon NIK!  There has never been a single year when Gasol was bette than TD, how can you even argue this?

you are such a fucking dumbass, daygo, i swear....LOL. Gasol had 12.9 shot attempts a game and scored 18.9. Duncan had 14.8 shot attempts and scored 19.3...really now, are you retarded? seriously? which stat looks better to you, moron? and did you ever stop to think that Duncan played 33 mins because thats all he was good for?? im sick of your pathetic shit, you try to argue the dumbest points and act like peoples valid opinions are ridiculous while doing so...STFU for once and realize how fucking stupid u look. you can say Duncan had a better season, go ahead...but tryna act like im way off for sayin Gasol had the more solid season is fuckin retarded, straight up.

lol Youve set yourself up for people calling your arguments involving Lakers, ridiculous, because of allt he ridiculous arguments you make. You think every Laker is the best at his position lol. If you could make an All Star lineup for the west, it would involve 5 Lakers in the starting 5. So its no wonder people laugh at what you have to say when you make baseless claims like "Gasol had a better year then Duncan", etc. Duncan had the better numbers, point blank. Gasols only real advantage was his field goal percentage, which like I said, is highly due to Kobe drawing double teams leaving Gasol wide open under the basket.  Gasol wasnt having to create for himself the way Duncan would (obviously). Pretty natural under those circumstances for Gasol to shoot better from the field.  But when he scores less, rebounds less, and blocks less (this is a bigman remember), even though he is playing more minutes...doesnt equate to a better season in my book lol.