Author Topic: Prepare to be Stunned  (Read 993 times)

Trauma-san

Prepare to be Stunned
« on: October 22, 2002, 01:13:05 AM »
And it rolls closer and closer :)

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/21/jesus.box/index.html

Opinions?  Try and be respectful ;)

MidnightPills

Re:Prepare to be Stunned
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 12:37:28 PM »
sounds interesting...........

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 12:45:38 PM »
Judging by the posts, it must not be TOO interesting, LOL

MidnightPills

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 01:04:29 PM »
lol... i am not the one that needs proff of christ.... i already know that he is God...................  ;)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 01:53:27 PM »
lol it is interesting...especially this:

The box owner "didn't realize the significance," Shanks said. "He threw up his hands, 'How could the Son of God have a brother?'"

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 02:23:00 PM »
lol... i am not the one that needs proff of christ.... i already know that he is God...................  ;)

uh i thought he was a prophet, son of God, not God himself...

And dat was a very interesting article, lol@the box owner, pz

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

MidnightPills

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 03:08:35 PM »

uh i thought he was a prophet, son of God, not God himself...

And dat was a very interesting article, lol@the box owner, pz

-{bLaDe}

there is a passage in the bible... i will find it and tell it to you.. the right quote.... but for  now deal with this.... christ is the father, the son and the holy goast........ he is three in one...

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 11:05:09 PM »
The bible mentions Jesus's brothers, James, Judas, Samuel? and I believe a sister.  You don't hear too much about them, but they definately existed, and this is just more proof.  The son of god could have brothers because they shared the same mother... Catholics don't believe this, though, and refuse to believe it because they think Mary was 'always' a virgin, though the bible doesn't say that, it says she was a virgin at the time of Jesus's birth.  Do you honestly think Mary and Joseph NEVER had sex after Jesus was born?  

MidnightPills

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 11:24:52 PM »
yep i believe it.... joesph was an old man when he married mary and had childern with another women before mary.....

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 11:30:51 PM »
^^^ That's what catholics believe, because theydon't believe Mary would have sex.  

I believe that Joseph and Mary simply had more kids after Jesus, all born naturally (James, Judas, etc.).  

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2002, 11:32:55 PM »
I believe that Jesus exsisted, I like learning about all that old stuff, I find it very interesting.  However I don't believe that there is a god up there.

MidnightPills

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2002, 11:48:09 PM »
^^^ That's what catholics believe, because theydon't believe Mary would have sex.  

I believe that Joseph and Mary simply had more kids after Jesus, all born naturally (James, Judas, etc.).  

the catholic church was the first christian church... so you are basically telling me that... our belief are wrong..... because thats what the catholics belief... we believe it because it is true.... the VIRGIN mary was also the first christian and the mother of the church.............. remember..... she was christ first follower...

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2002, 02:16:45 AM »
The part I found interesting in reading was how little we know about Jesus Christ.  It's hard for me to be certain about much, but that he was a messenger of love, truth, and the God-conscience.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2002, 05:11:01 AM »
Miss PinkTowelGirl read the dead sea scrolls, in there they confirm that Mary was not a virgin,its just the meanin of the word they translated changed over time or something. She's meant to be Mary of pure goodness or something.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2002, 09:22:38 AM »

the catholic church was the first christian church... so you are basically telling me that... our belief are wrong..... because thats what the catholics belief... we believe it because it is true.... the VIRGIN mary was also the first christian and the mother of the church.............. remember..... she was christ first follower...

she was a virgin at the time of Jesus's birth.  However, after that, she had kids, normally concieved.  Just because she was a virgin when he was born doesn't mean it makes her any less of a person if she had sex AFTER he was born.  Catholics want to make it out that she was always a virgin, and there's no reason for that... So they say Jesus's "brothers" must have been from Josephs previious marriage.  Well, that doesn't make any sense, because if Joseph wasn't Jesus's true father, how would they be his brothers? They wouldn't even be related except by marriage.  Since it mentions them as his brothers, they must have 1 parent in common, and since it can't be Joseph, it must be Mary.  Why would you believe that a married woman would NEVER have sex anyways? That's rediculous... it goes back to the catholic belief that Sex is somethign dirty and undignifying.