Author Topic: Drake Signs With Young Money  (Read 266 times)

Elano

Drake Signs With Young Money
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
Rapper Drake has officially signed with Young Money, the label founded by rapper Lil Wayne, according to anonymous sources.

Drake, a native of Canada, has been affiliated with Lil Wayne since he emerged on the scene and has released a pair of mixtapes that have been heavily downloaded.

"Today is a definitely a comfortable day for me, having my team now that's been in place for a couple of years. It's just a great day," Drake told MTV News. "It's something new, but it feels familiar."

According to MTV, the signing is a joint venture between Young Money and Cash Money Records and that his upcoming project Thank Me Later,  would be distributed by Universal Republic.

According to the report, Drake officially remains a Young Money artist.

"Independent is a funny term. I can go independent, but you need distribution, period. You need somebody to distribute your record and you need that army that a label has to really push the record," Drake said.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake Signs With Young Money
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:59:13 AM »
hes gon have to come wit that kevin rudolph muzik to get a release date lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:49:36 AM »
I highly doubt we'll see his album this year but i would check it out. He aint that great, hes way to overly hyped!!!

Portugoal

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that there was a bidding war about Drake... and then he signs with Young Money? lol

This shows how fake and biased media (written by _____) can be.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:15 AM »
Fuck drake.I gave that so far gone a couple spins and it was garbage.If this guy sells records ill have lost all hope in mainstream hip hop.He has no flow and boring wordplay

ikke

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:41:57 AM »
didn't he sign with roc nation?

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:08 AM »
Fuck drake.I gave that so far gone a couple spins and it was garbage.If this guy sells records ill have lost all hope in mainstream hip hop.He has no flow and boring wordplay
true, true

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 04:13:21 AM »

Why else would Lil Wayne like him?

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:15:30 AM »
He sounds like lil Wayne with zero personality

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that there was a bidding war about Drake... and then he signs with Young Money? lol

with distribution through Cash Money/Universal.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »
surprize, surprize. ::)

Portugoal

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »

That's part of what I meant. Whenever I see a song of Drake pop up it's with Boo, Mack Maine, Baby or Lil Wayne.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »

That's part of what I meant. Whenever I see a song of Drake pop up it's with Boo, Mack Maine, Baby or Lil Wayne.
I feel what your saying, but I mean I wouldn't down grade b.c it's Young Money. It could have been just Young Money and that would have been bad (plenty of these artist owned labels sign artists that their major distribution refuse to back), so at least he got his major deal - which means he probably still got a lot of cash (in reference to the bidding war u spoke on)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »
Personally I think that bidding war was nonsense.He was always signed to young money.His single Is all over the place because he was signed already and they were pushing.This whole bidding war was fabricated to gain press for him.Come on you really believe he got 2 million with the state the music business is in right now?

Portugoal

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:06 AM »

I feel what your saying, but I mean I wouldn't down grade b.c it's Young Money. It could have been just Young Money and that would have been bad (plenty of these artist owned labels sign artists that their major distribution refuse to back), so at least he got his major deal - which means he probably still got a lot of cash (in reference to the bidding war u spoke on)

haha, these days the only artists signed to major labels that get a lot of cash are artists with the status of Shania Twain and Mariah Carey.