Author Topic: Crooked I Asks XXL To Put Slaughterhouse On Cover  (Read 1958 times)

EFFeX

Crooked I Asks XXL To Put Slaughterhouse On Cover
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

Crooked I fans around the world clearly recognize the achievements that the emcee has been able to accomplish throughout his rocky, but ground breaking musical career. Now, the legendary emcee plans another milestone to place on his wall of achievements. The self-proclaimed, but rarely disputed "King of LA" has reached out to XXL to place his group Slaughterhouse on the cover of their magazine. While the group's album doe not hit shelves until August 11th, Crooked I believes this is a definite possibility and urges the magazine to take serious consideration. While XXL has not stated whether they will take Crooked I up on his offer, they have not publicly declined his wish either. We are urging Slaughterhouse fans to reach out to the magazine and show their support for the super-group as their input could certainly make a difference. Additional news that has been leaked from XXL involves Slaughterhouse's upcoming single titled "The One". In XXL's most recent news update, the magazine explains that Crooked I believes the single's music video could be leaked to media outlets as early as next week. While this information has not been confirmed by the group's label E1, we are keeping our fingers crossed. If you are interested in reading XXL's news update in full, please use the link provided below and keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board for additional information.

Reference: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=50786

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I Asks XXL To Put Slaughterhouse On Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
He shouldn't even have to ask,

1. If it's an actual movement that is creating proper buzz and ripples they should be covering it.

2. They should be covering it because it's dope.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
He shouldn't even have to ask,

1. If it's an actual movement that is creating proper buzz and ripples they should be covering it.

2. They should be covering it because it's dope.

+1000
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Jaydc555

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »
Well considering last month had soulja boy ok da juiceman and gucci mane aka woundingbasementsuite. Having slaughterhouse on the cover would make Me respect xxl again after that last month

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
Yeah if dude was as big as everyone says he is he wouldn't have to ask to be on a magazine cover.

This shit made me laugh though.

Crooked I fans around the world clearly recognize the achievements that the emcee has been able to accomplish throughout his rocky, but ground breaking musical career. Now, the legendary emcee plans another milestone to place on his wall of achievements.

What achievements? Ground breaking musical career? Another milestone? I didn't know dropping x amount of mixtapes makes this guy legendary. As far as milestones I think being signed to Death Row is the only one. But seriously, artists are judged by their albums, not internet mixtapes. Like I said before, until he drops an official album I'm not checking for Crooked.

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
Cough hater cough

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »
Wrong. You can only keep the fans waiting for so long. I have no interest in his mixtapes because they are just throw away tracks. Give me a quality album that I can listen to and I'll buy it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
Hip-Hop Weekly was ground breaking.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
Throw away tracks?I beg to differ.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17:53 PM »
Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, Oj da Juiceman> Crooked I
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
Radiotube is that you?

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »
Wrong. You can only keep the fans waiting for so long. I have no interest in his mixtapes because they are just throw away tracks. Give me a quality album that I can listen to and I'll buy it.

Young Boss 2 was throw away tracks?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:33:44 PM »
we live in the internet/digital age

"albums" are so 1995 buddy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jome

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »
Crooked I fans around the world clearly recognize the achievements that the emcee has been able to accomplish throughout his rocky, but ground breaking musical career. Now, the legendary emcee plans another milestone to place on his wall of achievements. The self-proclaimed, but rarely disputed "King of LA"

What achievements? Ground breaking musical career? Another milestone?

Yeah, describing Crooked like that is hilarious, and only looks embarrassing. Fanboyism at it's worst.
Praise like that should be reserved for Jay-Z, Nas, Pac, Dre, and similar, this was just awkward.  :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »
XXL should put them on the cover, they show the people real rap & it creates buzz for what WILL be album of the year decade. ;D 8)