Author Topic: MJ vs Tupac  (Read 669 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MJ vs Tupac
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Who do you rate more

I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically.. he had so much goin on in his life that he could put it too his music, yet he chose to make songs about how a girl rocked his world. He was glossed up corny pop trash. I never felt any pain in his music. To me it was upbeat happy music to appeal to the masses and sell in its millions. MJ wasn;t a true artist in that form

Where as pac he was on some introspective shit. U cud feel urself inside him, thru his music. His anger, pain, hopes it all came out thru his music. Apart from the im a thug shit you could say it was more or less reality based.

Opinions.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:02:17 PM by Momo »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: MJ vs Tupac
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
Who do you rate more

I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically.. he had so much goin on in his life that he could put it too his music, yet he chose to make songs about how a girl rocked a world. He was glossed up corny pop trash. ii never felt any pain in his music. To me it was upbeat happy music to appeal to the masses and sell in its millions. MJ wasn;t a true artist in that form

Where as pac he was on some introspective shit. U cud feel urself inside him, thru his music. His anger, pain, hopes it all came out thru his music. Apart from the im a thug shit you could say it was more or less reality based.

Opinions.

Alot of people who deal with a lot of pain in their life, particulary growing up, release by making other people smile...i.e. Comedians.  Pac was doin his thing. But when it comes down to it, MJ was on a completely different level. Every musical artist out there aspires to be as successful as MJ.  And id be willing to bet, MJ dealt with a lot more pain then Tupac lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »
Someone said that an artist can be inspired to make great music cos of the situations and drama they go thru in there own life ie Em or Pac. I just felt that MJ didnt really use it as a catalyst to make a bunch of retrospective shit. I think if he had done that he would have got alot more critical acclaim for his later albums.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:06:11 PM »
Who do you rate more

I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically.. he had so much goin on in his life that he could put it too his music, yet he chose to make songs about how a girl rocked a world. He was glossed up corny pop trash. ii never felt any pain in his music. To me it was upbeat happy music to appeal to the masses and sell in its millions. MJ wasn;t a true artist in that form

Opinions.

Alot of people who deal with a lot of pain in their life, particulary growing up, release by making other people smile...i.e. Comedians.  Pac was doin his thing. But when it comes down to it, MJ was on a completely different level. Every musical artist out there aspires to be as successful as MJ.  And id be willing to bet, MJ dealt with a lot more pain then Tupac lol

It's about equal on the pain thing, but MJ is definitely better. No need for comparison.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
Almost nobody much less tupac could touch Michael (no homo) creatively. From the arrangement, to the lyrics, to the overall production, to the dancing, to the eccentricity. MJ will always be the most prolific artist in pop music. He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
Who do you rate more

Opinions.

Alot of people who deal with a lot of pain in their life, particulary growing up, release by making other people smile...i.e. Comedians.  Pac was doin his thing. But when it comes down to it, MJ was on a completely different level. Every musical artist out there aspires to be as successful as MJ.  And id be willing to bet, MJ dealt with a lot more pain then Tupac lol

It's about equal on the pain thing, but MJ is definitely better. No need for comparison.

I dont think any of us REALLY know what kind of pain they went through. The only way we can assume, is by how self destructive they both were. Michael seemed like he hated himself by the way he acted.  Youve got to admit,  MJ appeared to be somebody who went through some horrible shit. Enough for him to become a freak show.  Tupac became a gangster when he got to Death Row lol. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »

kemizt

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
This thread is retarded end of.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
Almost nobody much less tupac could touch Michael (no homo) creatively. From the arrangement, to the lyrics, to the overall production, to the dancing, to the eccentricity. MJ will always be the most prolific artist in pop music. He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing.

He coined himself the King of Pop. "The King" is, was, and always will be Elvis, because he was called it by others, and never insisted people call him that. Ask the average music fan in any record store "so do you like The King?" and more often than not they'll say either yes I love Elvis, or no I hate Elvis.

As for Tupac; I'll always be a bigger fan of Pac's music than MJ's. Tupac certainly isn't more talented when it comes to musical compositions, but as far as I'm concered he was a better lyricist no doubt and he expressed himself better vocally. Was he a better singer? Obviously not, but he had a very special way of emoting and musically flowing with the music.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
what the fuck ...

eNgIeS

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
MJ & 2Pac you cant compare....totally different people & different form of music. The only commonality is they were born men & were african american.

MJ definately had so much more impact on the world than 2Pac, maybe due to the fact 2Pac was a rapper & his life was cut short

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 12:02:01 AM »
WTF....

How bout Johnny Cash and Biggie?

Who was the best?

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
Cash was more gangsta then biggie