Author Topic: MJ vs Tupac  (Read 673 times)

Prof@ssor

Re: MJ vs Tupac
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
Who do you rate more

I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically.. he had so much goin on in his life that he could put it too his music, yet he chose to make songs about how a girl rocked his world. He was glossed up corny pop trash. I never felt any pain in his music. To me it was upbeat happy music to appeal to the masses and sell in its millions. MJ wasn;t a true artist in that form

Where as pac he was on some introspective shit. U cud feel urself inside him, thru his music. His anger, pain, hopes it all came out thru his music. Apart from the im a thug shit you could say it was more or less reality based.

Opinions.

"I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically." hahaha you stupid mufucca comparing 2pac to Michael Jackson.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 12:58:53 PM »
I don't know where ur going w/ this thread... Cuz theyre two completly different artists w/ two completly different styles.  Its hard to compare.. But I will say this.

Its wrong, to say MJ didn't have pain in his music.  Go listen to "She's out of my life".. The dude cries in the middle of singing!  he had other songs where u could feel pain also, but these arent the commercially successful songs we're used to hearing. 
As far as creatively u can't really compare them.  In pop music, u have much more of a limited subject matter.. Thats why 95% of the subject matter is about love/relationships/opposite sex... something in that area.  While in hiphop, u can rap about anything.. food, rims, money, sex, life, trends.. Whatever! plus theres not much censoring so an artist like Pac had free range to talk about government, war, abortion, sex, jail, cops, and didn't care about ofending or anything.  MJ had to walk a thin line, cuz he was all about popularity, and getting the most fans, selling the most albums, concerts.. being the biggest name in music.

As far as lyrically u can't compare them either, just because of the subject matter I talked about, and plus.. Pac wrote all his own lyrics.. MJ had people mostly write for him, from his time w/ jackson 5, even throughout his older days, hes had a team of people who help him write lyrics or he'll jus get songs that other people wrote from start to finish, and he'll just sing them.  I'm not saying he's not creative, cuz the way he sung them, he added his own flair to them not only w the vocals but the way he performed them(dancing/moving).

Both will go down as the one of if not the greatest in their own respective genres.. But I will say this, I loved both theyre music and was a big fan of both.. And MJ will go down as more of an icon in the history of music..  But I was more sad when Pac died.  For the sole reason, that Pac died in his prime.  Mj was great, but he was well passed his prime.  he hasn't had anygood music for a long time, even if he woulda stayed alive for another 10 years, I don't think he woulda had too many more great new songs come out.  Now Pac died at the hieght of his career.  He was making 5-6 songs a day!  If he woulda stayed alive for lets say 2-3 more years, we woulda had soooo many great songs!  The genre itself would be on whole different landscape.  That whole jiggy era in rap probably woulda never happened.  I mean who knows, the possibilties are endless.

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »
The damn nigga tried desperately to make the whole world listen to 'Childhood' that he written. I think there's the pain...and on HIStory most of his songs are written and about his life..

Muhfukka

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
first of all youre an idiot for thinking mj wrote his songs, and second why are you comparing michael jackson to toothpick are you retarded

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »
Almost nobody much less tupac could touch Michael (no homo) creatively. From the arrangement, to the lyrics, to the overall production, to the dancing, to the eccentricity. MJ will always be the most prolific artist in pop music. He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing.

He coined himself the King of Pop. "The King" is, was, and always will be Elvis, because he was called it by others, and never insisted people call him that. Ask the average music fan in any record store "so do you like The King?" and more often than not they'll say either yes I love Elvis, or no I hate Elvis.

When you say Elvis is called the King by "others", who exactly are you talking about? lol. Fuck Elvis. He was a racist and he stole his shit. He wasnt the King.  He simply copied what already existed and took advantage of the fact that the public or media at that time would never label ANYONE other then a white man "The King" of anything.

"The only thing niggers can do for me is buy my records and shine my shoes"- Elvis Presley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:14:47 PM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:11 PM »
damn elvis said that?
(he wasnt a lil good role model after all, a lil nazi lol)

Almost nobody much less tupac could touch Michael (no homo) creatively. From the arrangement, to the lyrics, to the overall production, to the dancing, to the eccentricity. MJ will always be the most prolific artist in pop music. He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing.

He coined himself the King of Pop. "The King" is, was, and always will be Elvis, because he was called it by others, and never insisted people call him that. Ask the average music fan in any record store "so do you like The King?" and more often than not they'll say either yes I love Elvis, or no I hate Elvis.

When you say Elvis is called the King by "others", who exactly are you talking about? lol. Fuck Elvis. He was a racist and he stole his shit. He wasnt the King.  He simply copied what already existed and took advantage of the fact that the public or media at that time would ever label ANYONE other then a white man "The King" of anything.

"The only thing niggers can do for me is buy my records and shine my shoes"- Elvis Presley
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »
I don't know where ur going w/ this thread... Cuz theyre two completly different artists w/ two completly different styles.  Its hard to compare.. But I will say this.

Its wrong, to say MJ didn't have pain in his music.  Go listen to "She's out of my life".. The dude cries in the middle of singing!  he had other songs where u could feel pain also, but these arent the commercially successful songs we're used to hearing.  
As far as creatively u can't really compare them.  In pop music, u have much more of a limited subject matter.. Thats why 95% of the subject matter is about love/relationships/opposite sex... something in that area.  While in hiphop, u can rap about anything.. food, rims, money, sex, life, trends.. Whatever! plus theres not much censoring so an artist like Pac had free range to talk about government, war, abortion, sex, jail, cops, and didn't care about ofending or anything.  MJ had to walk a thin line, cuz he was all about popularity, and getting the most fans, selling the most albums, concerts.. being the biggest name in music.

As far as lyrically u can't compare them either, just because of the subject matter I talked about, and plus.. Pac wrote all his own lyrics.. MJ had people mostly write for him, from his time w/ jackson 5, even throughout his older days, hes had a team of people who help him write lyrics or he'll jus get songs that other people wrote from start to finish, and he'll just sing them.  I'm not saying he's not creative, cuz the way he sung them, he added his own flair to them not only w the vocals but the way he performed them(dancing/moving).

Both will go down as the one of if not the greatest in their own respective genres.. But I will say this, I loved both theyre music and was a big fan of both.. And MJ will go down as more of an icon in the history of music..  But I was more sad when Pac died.  For the sole reason, that Pac died in his prime.  Mj was great, but he was well passed his prime.  he hasn't had anygood music for a long time, even if he woulda stayed alive for another 10 years, I don't think he woulda had too many more great new songs come out.  Now Pac died at the hieght of his career.  He was making 5-6 songs a day!  If he woulda stayed alive for lets say 2-3 more years, we woulda had soooo many great songs!  The genre itself would be on whole different landscape.  That whole jiggy era in rap probably woulda never happened.  I mean who knows, the possibilties are endless.

He did write a lot of the lyrcis on the BAd Album

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »

When you say Elvis is called the King by "others", who exactly are you talking about? lol. Fuck Elvis. He was a racist and he stole his shit. He wasnt the King.  He simply copied what already existed and took advantage of the fact that the public or media at that time would never label ANYONE other then a white man "The King" of anything.

That quote has been shown to be false a million times over so don't even bother bringing it up.

And enough with this steal non sense. Elvis grew up in Memphis and he was a fan of music. He wasn't the first white to listen to black music or go to black clubs. Dewey Phillips was a white DJ that made a career in Memphis playing black and white music to black and white audiences, and this was in 1949, before Ike Turner recorded Rocket 88 and before Elvis recorded That's Alright Mama.

It seems to only be stealing when white people do things that blacks did. No one ever said MJ stole from Fred Astaire when MJ made Smooth Criminal, and they shouldn't have. Elvis had his own style that he developed by listening to many forms of black and many forms of white music. Prove me wrong if you can, show me the black artists Elvis sounded like and explain to me in depth what was "stolen" exactly. And while you're at it explain to me why of all the white people singing black music around and before Elvis no one reached his status of fame. Johnnie Ray was a white soul singer that sang RnB and had top 10 hits before Elvis recorded shit. Why does no one call him the King? In reality you don't have any of the answers because you most likely don't even listen to any of that incredible music. You just pretend to respect it because it's black. How many Bo Diddley records do you have on your ipod and dance to in your room? Fucking punks running their mouths about music that means nothing to them just angry because some white teacher sent them to the office for swearing. "It's because I'm black". It's because your an asshole. ASSHOLE. The biggest fan of black music on this whole fucking forum is a white guy who votes for Bush (Trauma).

Shit, maybe I'm wrong. Name me your favourite pre-Elvis Rock and Roll songs. We'll talk about them, because I love that music. Do you?

Elvis never even embraced the name. A reporter once called him "The King of Rock and Roll" and Elvis said Fats Domino is over there and pointed to Fats. Jackson was a gluttunous attention whore who insisted people call him King. Fucking guy even married the dude's daughter. Elvis is King because some of the greatest artists of Rock and Roll history say so. How many of MJ's contemporaries really ever called him King. I never heard Prince or Rick James say it. Usher and Timberlake say it, but those guys are fags that will mean nothing to no one is 50 years. The Beatles called Elvis King. Johnny Cash called Elvis King.

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »
They arent even in the same genre imo its not fair to compare them.

How did Elvis even get into the mix lol.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »

When J bananas wrote "He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing." I felt the need to correct him by explaining that MJ was not coined the King, he coined himself the King. Then mentioned that saying just "The King" implies Elvis, not MJ. Then .:DaYg0sTyLz:. felt like jumping in with his lies and hatred so I responded to him.

The Hood Nigga

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

When J bananas wrote "He didn't get coined "The King" for nothing." I felt the need to correct him by explaining that MJ was not coined the King, he coined himself the King. Then mentioned that saying just "The King" implies Elvis, not MJ. Then .:DaYg0sTyLz:. felt like jumping in with his lies and hatred so I responded to him.
ni99as gotta stop debating shit like this

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 12:22:30 AM »
I don't know where ur going w/ this thread... Cuz theyre two completly different artists w/ two completly different styles.  Its hard to compare.. But I will say this.

Its wrong, to say MJ didn't have pain in his music.  Go listen to "She's out of my life".. The dude cries in the middle of singing!  he had other songs where u could feel pain also, but these arent the commercially successful songs we're used to hearing. 
As far as creatively u can't really compare them.  In pop music, u have much more of a limited subject matter.. Thats why 95% of the subject matter is about love/relationships/opposite sex... something in that area.  While in hiphop, u can rap about anything.. food, rims, money, sex, life, trends.. Whatever! plus theres not much censoring so an artist like Pac had free range to talk about government, war, abortion, sex, jail, cops, and didn't care about ofending or anything.  MJ had to walk a thin line, cuz he was all about popularity, and getting the most fans, selling the most albums, concerts.. being the biggest name in music.

As far as lyrically u can't compare them either, just because of the subject matter I talked about, and plus.. Pac wrote all his own lyrics.. MJ had people mostly write for him, from his time w/ jackson 5, even throughout his older days, hes had a team of people who help him write lyrics or he'll jus get songs that other people wrote from start to finish, and he'll just sing them.  I'm not saying he's not creative, cuz the way he sung them, he added his own flair to them not only w the vocals but the way he performed them(dancing/moving).

Both will go down as the one of if not the greatest in their own respective genres.. But I will say this, I loved both theyre music and was a big fan of both.. And MJ will go down as more of an icon in the history of music..  But I was more sad when Pac died.  For the sole reason, that Pac died in his prime.  Mj was great, but he was well passed his prime.  he hasn't had anygood music for a long time, even if he woulda stayed alive for another 10 years, I don't think he woulda had too many more great new songs come out.  Now Pac died at the hieght of his career.  He was making 5-6 songs a day!  If he woulda stayed alive for lets say 2-3 more years, we woulda had soooo many great songs!  The genre itself would be on whole different landscape.  That whole jiggy era in rap probably woulda never happened.  I mean who knows, the possibilties are endless.

He did write a lot of the lyrcis on the BAd Album

Yeah, I heard that too.. But I know he didn't write "Man in the Mirror" which I think is the best written song on the album.  They had an interview w/ the writer of Man in the Mirror today on cnn.. She was one of his background singers.  He asked her to write a song for him that was about something meaninful, and she came up w/ Man in the Mirror.  She said when she first heard Michael singing her words, she was driving and she pulled over and started crying, cuz it was soo moving for her. 

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
I firmly believe MJ was very poor lyrically.. he had so much goin on in his life that he could put it too his music, yet he chose to make songs about how a girl rocked his world. He was glossed up corny pop trash. I never felt any pain in his music. To me it was upbeat happy music to appeal to the masses and sell in its millions. MJ wasn;t a true artist in that form

Opinions.

My opinion is you're fuckin stupid and you probably never listened to dude until the day his heart stopped beating. He didn't express himself in his music? Dog have you heard "They Don't Care About Us" or Man In the Mirror" or "Childhood". Hell the entire "History" album was him lashing out at the media for attacking his personal life. The reason so many people loved him is cuz he made you feel his every emotion in all of his songs rather it was a dance song or something heartfelt like "Earth Song".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

soulja85

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »

Opinions.

My opinion is you're fuckin stupid and you probably never listened to dude until the day his heart stopped beating. He didn't express himself in his music? Dog have you heard "They Don't Care About Us" or Man In the Mirror" or "Childhood". Hell the entire "History" album was him lashing out at the media for attacking his personal life. The reason so many people loved him is cuz he made you feel his every emotion in all of his songs rather it was a dance song or something heartfelt like "Earth Song".

Ws just about to say this....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 10:12:07 AM »
Exactly Michael Jackson is the only credited writer on some of his most 'emotional' personal shit. Heal the World, Will You Be There, Childhood, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us, D.S., Morphine, The Lost Children..that's just solely written..