Author Topic: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...  (Read 1289 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »
Mets fans are some of the most bitter fans out there lol

It's the only way to cope.  On top of the fact we have to deal with  yankee fans like Cham that know nothing about baseball.

:laugh:

You really don't know much about Baseball.

LOL, maybe not as much as you (stat wise), but i'm too busy playing the sport daily to focus all my efforts into major league baseball.

EDIT: bad move for the Mets, but Jeff was a great player a few seasons ago; i don't know what happened.

herpes

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

It's the only way to cope.  On top of the fact we have to deal with  yankee fans like Cham that know nothing about baseball.

LOL, maybe not as much as you (stat wise), but i'm too busy playing the sport daily to focus all my efforts into major league baseball.

EDIT: bad move for the Mets, but Jeff was a great player a few seasons ago; i don't know what happened.

Frency never had a great season, he had two respectable seasons.  And what happened to him was he never grew as a player so it made it that much easier for the league to figure him out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

Frency never had a great season, he had two respectable seasons.  And what happened to him was he never grew as a player so it made it that much easier for the league to figure him out.

right, '06 & '07 were solid years; strong in the outfield; he was good for a team in those years, the kind of players you need to win.

he came into this season after working on his stance & swing all off-season, i thought he would have a breakout year; but he has been anything but impressive. :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »
Mets need to trade Reyes for a pitcher once he gets healthy again

NL is all about pitching anyways
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »

as a Giants fan I have been real bitter the last few years but I finally have a good team to cheer for this season.  I just hope we keep it up the rest of the season.

Lol i've obviously been bitter before being a Seattle sports fan but it seems like Mets fans take it to a whole new level

A few reasons for that

1) We have to share a city with the Yanks and deal with brain dead Yankee fans that know nothing about Baseball
2) Professional Baseball in NY is like high school football in Texas, it more like a religion.
3) Our F.O. is and always has been a joke
4) Play in the biggest city in the world and the franchise has futility down to a T
5) What should of been a dynasty in the 80's was snorted away
6) Tom Seaver for 4 bums
7) Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi
8 ) Lenny Dykstra for Juan Samual
9) Scott Kazmir for Victor fucking Zambrano... the closest I ever came to dropping the Mets all together.  Back in the winter of that Year we could of had Soriano for Kaz straight up.  I think Soriano is one of the most overrated players in all baseball but Victor Fucking Zambrano
10) Omar Minaya
11) Ownership is a joke
12) A new ballpark that priced out all working class fans, the same fans they market to.  They do this even though the team sucks and hasn't one a championship in 20 + years.
13) Tease after tease after fucking tease

I could continue to go on but you get the jist

Being a Met fan is like being in an abusive relationship.  You keep thinking they will change but they never do.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:30:26 PM by Teflon Tom »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »

herpes

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »

right, '06 & '07 were solid years; strong in the outfield; he was good for a team in those years, the kind of players you need to win.

he came into this season after working on his stance & swing all off-season, i thought he would have a breakout year; but he has been anything but impressive. :-\

Braves fans say his defensive has always been overrated, though he still has a cannon.  And look at his OPS in those years, it was horrible.  He got by on natural ability now the league has got him figured out.  Unless he magically decides to grow as a player and learn to take pitches he'll continue to suck.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was out of the bigs within two years.

herpes

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

You don't trade Jose Reyes for anyone unless they are a certified ace.  You don't trade the best table setter in baseball like he's some bum.  Reyes is the most important player on the roster, more so than Wright and Santana.  And if you have watched any Met games you will know even though pitching hasn't been good for the Mets, it's the offense that has crippled them.  And unless the Mets plan on changing the OF dimensions they will have to model there team after those 80's Cards team.  And Reyes is the perfect guy for that.  Don't believe the media hype about Reyes having a bad attitude.  He is just an dumb ass that hangs around a negative element in the clubhouse (Delgado).  The Mets should not move Reyes unless they are getting back a legit number 1.

herpes

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Mets need to trade Reyes.

period.

Again you show you know nothing about baseball.  You're a good kid Cham you just need some guidance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:41:16 PM by Teflon Tom »

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »
how would the mets benefit from trading their most popular player?  sure, they would get good stock in return...but come on. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
how would the mets benefit from trading their most popular player?  sure, they would get good stock in return...but come on. 

Because a lot of people that don't watch the Mets believe the the negative media hype about him having an attitude problem.  All he needs is a Vet to keep his mind on the game like Cliff Floyd and Jose Valentin did in 2006.  In 07 & 08 he got close to Delgado who is a malcontent.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 01:52:39 PM »

period.

Again you show you know nothing about baseball.  You're a good kid Cham you just need some guidance.

i assuming you don't understand Reyes injury.

he will never fully recover, even if he comes back; he'll be at 90%, with his legs.

no doubt he will hurt himself again within half a year of playing if he pushes himself too hard.

so might as well trade him while he is still at top value, before other teams see that he is going to come back injury prone.

not saying just dump him for anybody, but when he comes back i would say deal him for somebody good, which you would get for him.

i never cared for his act to begin with, but it would be a smart move for the Mets.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »
^ What happened to Reyes, all I know is that he's injured...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

You don't trade Jose Reyes for anyone unless they are a certified ace.  You don't trade the best table setter in baseball like he's some bum.  Reyes is the most important player on the roster, more so than Wright and Santana.  And if you have watched any Met games you will know even though pitching hasn't been good for the Mets, it's the offense that has crippled them.  And unless the Mets plan on changing the OF dimensions they will have to model there team after those 80's Cards team.  And Reyes is the perfect guy for that.  Don't believe the media hype about Reyes having a bad attitude.  He is just an dumb ass that hangs around a negative element in the clubhouse (Delgado).  The Mets should not move Reyes unless they are getting back a legit number 1.

Reyes is not better than Ichiro Suzuki in my opinion
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

period.

i assuming you don't understand Reyes injury.

he will never fully recover, even if he comes back; he'll be at 90%, with his legs.

no doubt he will hurt himself again within half a year of playing if he pushes himself too hard.

so might as well trade him while he is still at top value, before other teams see that he is going to come back injury prone.

not saying just dump him for anybody, but when he comes back i would say deal him for somebody good, which you would get for him.

i never cared for his act to begin with, but it would be a smart move for the Mets.

LMFAO when did you become a doctor ?  You're the first person to even mention he won't be the same player lmfao. And that is what everyone said about him back in 2003-04 when he had the calf problems b/c the joke of an organization misdiagnosed his injury and tried to change his running style.  And 90% Reyes is still one of the most explosive players in baseball.  And you never cared his act, whats that ?  Being one of the most explosive and exciting players in baseball.  If he were a Yank you would be sucking him off.