Author Topic: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...  (Read 1287 times)

herpes

Re: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
Mets need to trade Reyes for a pitcher once he gets healthy again

NL is all about pitching anyways

You don't trade Jose Reyes for anyone unless they are a certified ace.  You don't trade the best table setter in baseball like he's some bum.  Reyes is the most important player on the roster, more so than Wright and Santana.  And if you have watched any Met games you will know even though pitching hasn't been good for the Mets, it's the offense that has crippled them.  And unless the Mets plan on changing the OF dimensions they will have to model there team after those 80's Cards team.  And Reyes is the perfect guy for that.  Don't believe the media hype about Reyes having a bad attitude.  He is just an dumb ass that hangs around a negative element in the clubhouse (Delgado).  The Mets should not move Reyes unless they are getting back a legit number 1.

Reyes is not better than Ichiro Suzuki in my opinion

Ichiro has nothing to do with this.  Typical Yankee fan fashion, they try and talk about other teams like they know and when someone educates them it's change the subject.  And I would take Reyes over Ichiro, no knock on him at all though.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
Typical Teflon response...getting butt hurt when someone questions him.

since Reyes became a full time lead-off hitter in 2004:

reyes per 162 games: .285/.334/.435, 196 hits, 34 doubles, 15 triples, 13 HR, 66 RBI, 113 runs, 65 SB, 16 CS, 83 K, 101 OPS+

ichiro per 162 games: .335/.380/.430, 232 hits, 23 doubles, 8 triples, 9 HR, 57 RBI, 106 runs, 39 SB, 7 CS, 62 K, 117 OPS+

as you can tell, Ichiro is going to get onbase ALOT more often, his slugging % is just 5 points below and his OPS+ dwarfs REyes.

Reyes may get more extra base hits (62 to 40) but Ichiro is still going to get 40 more hits a year!

Ichiro plays his position better defensively also....granted Reyes does play the more important spot, he doesn't play it as well.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »
LOL, Ichiro is hands down the better player.

EDIT: the only thing Reyes has on Ich is that Jose is a better SS lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:48:36 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »
Mets need to trade Reyes.

period.

Again you show you know nothing about baseball.  You're a good kid Cham you just need some guidance.

i assuming you don't understand Reyes injury.

he will never fully recover, even if he comes back; he'll be at 90%, with his legs.

no doubt he will hurt himself again within half a year of playing if he pushes himself too hard.

so might as well trade him while he is still at top value, before other teams see that he is going to come back injury prone.

not saying just dump him for anybody, but when he comes back i would say deal him for somebody good, which you would get for him.

i never cared for his act to begin with, but it would be a smart move for the Mets.

LMFAO when did you become a doctor ?  You're the first person to even mention he won't be the same player lmfao. And that is what everyone said about him back in 2003-04 when he had the calf problems b/c the joke of an organization misdiagnosed his injury and tried to change his running style.  And 90% Reyes is still one of the most explosive players in baseball.  And you never cared his act, whats that ?  Being one of the most explosive and exciting players in baseball.  If he were a Yank you would be sucking him off.

he's a bitch, even Keith Hernandez shits on him lmao.

but yeah, that injury is going to fuck him over, season after season.

he will spend more of his career on the DL than on the field lol (that's a joke before you come back saying "you know nothing"). ;)

thisoneguy360

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »

Yeah I'd say Ichiro is definitely better, they're different players though. Even though Ichiro could hit for power he chooses to hit purely contact and can get on base virtually at will. Reyes can hit for average but tends to drive the ball more rather than going for the little hits. Ichiro>>Reyes IMO, both amazing talents though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »

Yeah I'd say Ichiro is definitely better, they're different players though. Even though Ichiro could hit for power he chooses to hit purely contact and can get on base virtually at will. Reyes can hit for average but tends to drive the ball more rather than going for the little hits. Ichiro>>Reyes IMO, both amazing talents though.

they were breaking down Ichiro's hitting & if he stayed balanced in the box, he could put up 35-40 HRs a season, that's insane.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
^ Yeah I went to the HR Derby when it was in Seattle back on 01, I remember Ichiro taking BP and literally jacking like 15-20 in a row over the fence, the guy's just an all around animal haha.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »
^ Yeah I went to the HR Derby when it was in Seattle back on 01, I remember Ichiro taking BP and literally jacking like 15-20 in a row over the fence, the guy's just an all around animal haha.

hell yeah, easily my second favorite player.

the perfect player & the coaches dream. 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

the only thing Reyes has better than Ichiro is he can hit more extra base hits....which i dont care about as much from my LEADOFF hitter.

i'd rather have a guy hit .330 than .290 if he's leading off.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »

reyes per 162 games: .285/.334/.435, 196 hits, 34 doubles, 15 triples, 13 HR, 66 RBI, 113 runs, 65 SB, 16 CS, 83 K, 101 OPS+

ichiro per 162 games: .335/.380/.430, 232 hits, 23 doubles, 8 triples, 9 HR, 57 RBI, 106 runs, 39 SB, 7 CS, 62 K, 117 OPS+

as you can tell, Ichiro is going to get onbase ALOT more often, his slugging % is just 5 points below and his OPS+ dwarfs REyes.

Reyes may get more extra base hits (62 to 40) but Ichiro is still going to get 40 more hits a year!

Ichiro plays his position better defensively also....granted Reyes does play the more important spot, he doesn't play it as well.

You got off the subject hack, I'm not hurt.  I put the nail in the coffin of your argument that the Mets should trade Reyes for pitching.  You come back w/ Ichiro is better.  Now defend your initial argument.

herpes

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »

period.

Again you show you know nothing about baseball.  You're a good kid Cham you just need some guidance.

he will never fully recover, even if he comes back; he'll be at 90%, with his legs.

no doubt he will hurt himself again within half a year of playing if he pushes himself too hard.

so might as well trade him while he is still at top value, before other teams see that he is going to come back injury prone.

not saying just dump him for anybody, but when he comes back i would say deal him for somebody good, which you would get for him.

i never cared for his act to begin with, but it would be a smart move for the Mets.

LMFAO when did you become a doctor ?  You're the first person to even mention he won't be the same player lmfao. And that is what everyone said about him back in 2003-04 when he had the calf problems b/c the joke of an organization misdiagnosed his injury and tried to change his running style.  And 90% Reyes is still one of the most explosive players in baseball.  And you never cared his act, whats that ?  Being one of the most explosive and exciting players in baseball.  If he were a Yank you would be sucking him off.

he will spend more of his career on the DL than on the field lol (that's a joke before you come back saying "you know nothing"). ;)

Keith shits on him for his mind wandering off you fucking moron.  And please tell me how this injury will fuck him over ?  In the beginning of his career he had calf problems due to the Mets crappy med staff.  And since than he has almost 300 stolen bases and 80 triples.  And just so you know this injury has nothing to do with his calf.  Dr. Cham please tell me how you know so much about Reyes's leg.  You're in Queens right ?  Can I stop by one day and just smack you upside the head for the dumb shit you say sometimes.  You're a good kid, you just need some sense knocked into you.

herpes

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »

Thats nice but a great SS >>> RF.  And Ichiro is a great player but when he gets on base he doesn't strike fear into a pitcher like Reyes does.  Also Ichiro has how many more years of professional experience under his belt to hone his craft ?

thisoneguy360

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »

the only thing Reyes has better than Ichiro is he can hit more extra base hits....which i dont care about as much from my LEADOFF hitter.

i'd rather have a guy hit .330 than .290 if he's leading off.

He's hitting .362  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »

period.

Keith shits on him for his mind wandering off you fucking moron.  And please tell me how this injury will fuck him over ?  In the beginning of his career he had calf problems due to the Mets crappy med staff.  And since than he has almost 300 stolen bases and 80 triples.  And just so you know this injury has nothing to do with his calf.  Dr. Cham please tell me how you know so much about Reyes's leg.  You're in Queens right ?  Can I stop by one day and just smack you upside the head for the dumb shit you say sometimes.  You're a good kid, you just need some sense knocked into you.

LOL, exactly it's worse.

the hammy, is the worst thing possible for a man whose entire game is based on speed.

you can think i'm speakin' "dumb shit", but if were both still posting here in four years, make sure we bring this thread up again, so you can tell me "wow, you were right all along".

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »
Mets have been wanting to trade Reyes for awhile, it's no new subject

they'd be MUCH better off getting a pitcher in return for him.  David Wright and Carlos Beltran are the key peices of that team.

and Ichiro shits on Reyes as a leadoff hitter + overall player