Author Topic: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?  (Read 2343 times)

Okka

Re: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 01:11:20 PM »
On a side note, I heard Gin & Juice was not produced by Dr. Dre, but was ghost produced.

Yeah, Daz Dillinger said that Emmanuel Dean produced "What's My Name" and "Gin & Juice" (check out the "DPG Eulogy" document)

"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)

Yeah, that's kind of odd. Only think D.O.C. says on the track is "Serial Killa".

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »
I thought Emmanuel Dean's beef was not getting credit for his work. I don't remember him saying he "produced" those songs. I recall something about him playing certain things for Dre that he liked but instead of getting proper credit, he got listed as "Porkchop" in the special thanks section. I'll have to rewatch it again.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 02:18:24 PM »
as for the rest, there's no credits listed (unlkike Chronic) so we'll never know....it's best to think Snoop wrote the rest but who knows
Why does everyone say this? There's no actual credits on the album itself but if you look at Death Row compilations (most noteably "Death Row's Greatest Hits"), there are full production credits for every song. I remember someone once said they intentially didn't break it down so they could hide the fact that Dre didn't produce certain songs but Dre is fully credited as the producer on every song. Snoop is also given full writing credit as well.
i dont buy it being to hide Dre's beats, probably more of them wanting to put in the comic in there
daz has contradicted himself on producing songs and Warren g said he had came upw ith the skeleton for "aint no fun" but that dre "took that motherfucker to another level'
death row's greatest hits confirms
-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)
-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name
and Dre credited for each beat
leaving us without having credits for
"g funk intro"
"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

I think Daz did additional production for Serial Killa & All My Niggaz.
And I heard somewhere that RBX co-wrote Serial Killa.

On a side note, I heard Gin & Juice was not produced by Dr. Dre, but was ghost produced.

i dont buy the gin and juice thing - has dre's sound to it

DOC had to have wrote something on Serial Killa, no other way he'd be listed
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:20:01 PM by HACK WILSON »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

G-Funk

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
as for the rest, there's no credits listed (unlkike Chronic) so we'll never know....it's best to think Snoop wrote the rest but who knows
Why does everyone say this? There's no actual credits on the album itself but if you look at Death Row compilations (most noteably "Death Row's Greatest Hits"), there are full production credits for every song. I remember someone once said they intentially didn't break it down so they could hide the fact that Dre didn't produce certain songs but Dre is fully credited as the producer on every song. Snoop is also given full writing credit as well.
i dont buy it being to hide Dre's beats, probably more of them wanting to put in the comic in there
daz has contradicted himself on producing songs and Warren g said he had came upw ith the skeleton for "aint no fun" but that dre "took that motherfucker to another level'
-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)
-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name
"g funk intro"
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

I think Daz did additional production for Serial Killa & All My Niggaz.
And I heard somewhere that RBX co-wrote Serial Killa.

i dont buy the gin and juice thing - its not very hard to take Atomic Dog and flip it lol

gin and juice didnt utilize Atomic Dog.. unless you're mentioning What's My name

Okka

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »
I hope y'all people remember that producin' doesn't mean makin' the beat. Snoop said that Dre produced "What Would You Do", but it doesn't mean he made the beat.

G-Funk

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »
I hope y'all people remember that producin' doesn't mean makin' the beat. Snoop said that Dre produced "What Would You Do", but it doesn't mean he made the beat.

i thought Daz was credited as the main producer for that song?

Jaydc555

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 02:29:54 PM »
Is it 1994?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »
There is a Dr. Dre produced version of "What Would U Do" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. The original version was produced by Daz.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »
Is it 1994?

great addition to the thread
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc555

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »
How many times are you guys going to discuss the same fucking shit over and over and over.Seriously its 2009 who gives a shit.You weren't there nobody will ever know who wrote what or who produced what.Get over it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »
How many times are you guys going to discuss the same fucking shit over and over and over.Seriously its 2009 who gives a shit.You weren't there nobody will ever know who wrote what or who produced what.Get over it.

well

1-i didn't start the thread, so obviously more people care about this than you not caring

2-this is one of the top 5 albums ever made, lets not just act like its some random wackass mixtape featuring Will Smiff Dogg and Spider Locc

3-if you don't like the thread, get out of it and go to another

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »

-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)

"g funk intro"
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

Dude, you mentioned "Lodi Dodi" like 3 times...we know Snoop didn't write that, it was a remake! And DOC was on "Serial Killa", who do you think the raspy voiced dude was that was saying "Seriaaaal Killaaaa" was?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »
There is a Dr. Dre produced version of "What Would U Do" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. The original version was produced by Daz.

I know but im 100% sure Snoop Dogg wasn't talkin about that version ::)

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
Hack shut the fuck up and go listen to some wack ass Mc juice and esham.The point is theirs probably 500 threads about this exact topic already.

Rick James

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
The point is theirs probably 500 threads about this exact topic already.

probably because someone always has to interfere and start an argument in between the thread (you), thus people tuning out, forgetting, and making a new topic months later asking the same questions.