Author Topic: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?  (Read 2344 times)

sofdark

anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?
« on: July 17, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »
I remember someone said that DOC was the ghost writer for Snoops classic album "Doggystyle" and I wanna know if anybody has the source that confirms the information
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:56:22 PM by sofdark »

GangstaBoogy

Re: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:28:21 PM »
Nope. No ghostwriters for Doggystyle. D.O.C. helped Snoop format her verses and come up with ideas but Snoop wrote that album.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 06:25:48 AM »
Gangstaboogy, Snoop did not write "Lodi Dodi"

Slick Rick wrote that

as for the rest, there's no credits listed (unlkike Chronic) so we'll never know....it's best to think Snoop wrote the rest but who knows
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Okka

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 06:41:47 AM »
I think Snoop Dogg wrote his own verses with some help from The D.O.C.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »
I think Snoop Dogg wrote his own verses with some help from The D.O.C.

Lodi Dodi was slick rick

as for the rest of the album we don't know HOW MUCH involvement DOC had...no credits in the booklet
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BIGWORM

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
Man that album was full of ghost writers and producers.

The D.O.C.
RBX
Lady Of Rage

All co wrote with Snoop.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:12 AM »
Man that album was full of ghost writers and producers.

The D.O.C.
RBX
Lady Of Rage

All co wrote with Snoop.

How the fuck you know that? I'm pretty sure Snoop Dogg handled most of the writing. Nima should ask Snoop Dogg about this next time he interviews him.

Lodi Dodi was slick rick

Yeah, Snoop Dogg just copied the whole song and twisted some rhymes.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
while I certainly would not be surprised if RBX and Lady of Rage helped write for Snoop, where's your proof Big Worm?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
Y'all acting like Snoop's rhymes were on some Illmatic type lyricism... let's be real his voice, delivery, flow is what made that album classic along with the production not his lyricism. I don't think he had a ghostwriter, only D.O.C. coaching him which D.O.C. has admitted.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
Y'all acting like Snoop's rhymes were on some Illmatic type lyricism... let's be real his voice, delivery, flow is what made that album classic along with the production not his lyricism. I don't think he had a ghostwriter, only D.O.C. coaching him which D.O.C. has admitted.

the best lyrical verses on that album were Kurupt's "for all my niggaz..." and "doggy dogg world" verses + slick rick's Lodi Dodi

but snoops lyrics were def above ANYTHING he's spat in the 15 years since

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
but snoops lyrics were def above ANYTHING he's spat in the 15 years since
that doesn't say much  ;)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Okka

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
Justin (We Fly High) should ask Snoop Dogg about this. I really wanna know if he wrote all of his own verses or did he use ghostwriters.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »
as for the rest, there's no credits listed (unlkike Chronic) so we'll never know....it's best to think Snoop wrote the rest but who knows
Why does everyone say this? There's no actual credits on the album itself but if you look at Death Row compilations (most noteably "Death Row's Greatest Hits"), there are full production credits for every song. I remember someone once said they intentially didn't break it down so they could hide the fact that Dre didn't produce certain songs but Dre is fully credited as the producer on every song. Snoop is also given full writing credit as well.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »
Why does everyone say this? There's no actual credits on the album itself but if you look at Death Row compilations (most noteably "Death Row's Greatest Hits"), there are full production credits for every song. I remember someone once said they intentially didn't break it down so they could hide the fact that Dre didn't produce certain songs but Dre is fully credited as the producer on every song. Snoop is also given full writing credit as well.

i dont buy it being to hide Dre's beats, probably more of them wanting to put in the comic in there

daz has contradicted himself on producing songs and Warren g said he had came upw ith the skeleton for "aint no fun" but that dre "took that motherfucker to another level'

death row's greatest hits confirms

-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)

-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name

and Dre credited for each beat

leaving us without having credits for

"g funk intro"
"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

G-Funk

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
i dont buy it being to hide Dre's beats, probably more of them wanting to put in the comic in there
daz has contradicted himself on producing songs and Warren g said he had came upw ith the skeleton for "aint no fun" but that dre "took that motherfucker to another level'
death row's greatest hits confirms
-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)
-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name
and Dre credited for each beat
leaving us without having credits for
"g funk intro"
"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

I think Daz did additional production for Serial Killa & All My Niggaz.
And I heard somewhere that RBX co-wrote Serial Killa.

On a side note, I heard Gin & Juice was not produced by Dr. Dre, but was ghost produced.