Author Topic: The Game On "R.E.D." Album, "My Flow Is As Raw As Before I Got W/ Dre"  (Read 843 times)

woof

The Game recently spoke on his forthcoming R.E.D. Album and why the project would give fans a similar vibe reminiscent of his G-Unit/Aftermath debut, The Documentary.

In addition to speaking on the soulful side of the project, Game also hinted at the songs' overall structure and feel.

"The R.E.D. Album is a little soulful," Game said in an interview. "It's crazy because it could be pre-Documentary, and it could be post-R.E.D. Album, like it's early and late. It's early and late, so it's just on time. If you could understand that. It's like I'm raw. Like [on] some of the songs my flow is as raw as before I got with Dre...Then the songs are so big and melodic and so music-filled that you could tell that I've been around for a while...So, you know, that's the vibe and it's soulful, but it's still right where you need it to be. It's not too sample-heavy and not just that soulful where it takes away from what I do, and it isn't gonna bore you or tire you out. This album is going to be incredible, man, and I would say it's going to be my best album." (MTV)

He also said the project could be one of his most lyrical records to date.

"The album will be out later this year," Game said in an interview last week. "I know people say it all the time, this album re-rooted me, took me back to The Documentary days and this might be my hardest-spitting album. Can't wait to finish that, the anticipation level is through the roof. I'ma give the people what they need." (103 Jams)

A portion of Game's studio sessions for the album landed online last month which featured him rhyming over an R&B-laced track.

"Look, riding through New York, Boston Red Sox, uhh, I'm about to kill this sh*t," Game said in a video. "Drop top rose phantom, call it a headshot/Back up in this b*tch like a red dot. About to sell another milli like the n*gga with the dreadlocks/VIP, that's me, call the waitress before I get there/Have a top model chick taste it/Patron fountain...Haters don't want it with the young Don P/From the back of the club to the front with his whole army." (HazeTV)

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
it thinks its get out of hand with the (GAME) Threads......Are we gonna promote his album for him ????... we can't keep making threads every time he twitters. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If only his lyrics would improve.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
"some of the songs my flow is as raw as before I got with Dre"
Yeah, his Shyne imitation raps were so raw?  :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
i'll believe it when i hear it.

& it's only good to hear raw rap if the lyrics are on point; screaming average lyrics might not be so good lol.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
more soulful?
sounds good to me

2euce 7even

hope tha beats will b ok.!

YoungCrookedI

GAME; BIGGEST MISTAKE FOR THE WESTCOAST.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
bigger than getting a misspelled tatoo?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

the beats are always better than "okay", that's what carried him this far lol.

bigger than getting a misspelled tatoo?

rap > bullshit.

thisoneguy360

I think that's the last thing we should worry about, Game always picks dope beats

Blasphemy

I think that's the last thing we should worry about, Game always picks dope beats

Yeah, beat wise you can't worry he never chooses crap 1s. Lyric wise. nigga get a ghost writer lol

dunluvmeeh

• Lil Geezy
LMAO....
bigger than misspell tattoo and misspell your own name on your own cd? ;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO....
bigger than misspell tattoo and misspell your own name on your own cd? ;D

can you not read?
rap > bullshit.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
that snippet they released was dope, RED>>>>BP3
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....