Author Topic: Emmitt Smith Breaks Rushing Record  (Read 459 times)

Big BpG

Emmitt Smith Breaks Rushing Record
« on: October 27, 2002, 07:41:06 PM »
damn, today was the first time I cried over football... I've been a cowboy fan since I was 9 years old... I remember my first cowboy game, i watched it with my grandma... and I grew up as a cowboy fan, and well.... today I was at work, and I saw Emmitt Smith break the record.... I literally started crying, I couldn't help it man... I haven't been up with football as much as I used to be, but after seeing it, I literally remember my days as a nine year old, holding my football, with my cowboy jersey on, watching with my dad... call me crazy, but today was awesome, congrads to emmitt, the all-time rushing leader.... and how bout dem cowboys!!!!!!!!!!

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
Re:Emmitt Smith Breaks Rushing Record
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 10:31:02 PM »
They needed to make this more of a big deal, this guy broke the damn rushing record and recieves no recognition for it.. thats bullshit, congrats. emmit, you breaking the record is more important than any world series..
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

Hittman2001

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 10:38:39 PM »
i was kinda pissed that this wasn't hyped up more.  I've been watching Emmitt since he was drafted by the cowboys.  Congratulations Emmitt and keep those legs churning.

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 11:06:22 PM »
Word... big ups to Emmitt for breaking an incredible record...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Big BpG

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 11:46:11 PM »
I've been following this record since last year... and when last year ended, everyone knew that this year he was going to break it... and well... he did... and It's a shame that yes, no one hyped it up... I mean... Everyone credits Walter Payton with this greatest of all time hype, yet, he no longer leads with yards, and is about 40 td's short of emmitts record of 150 career rushing td's, which is number 1... to me, a fan of emmitt, he's the greatest of all time... sure, now he's older and isn't like he used to be, but today was his day, today he shined... and become the best damn rusher in the NFL...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

verbalassaulta

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 10:23:10 AM »
emmitt is a great back...but he's not the best....third probably barry sanders and jim brown were better....if sanders didnt retire early...he would have shattered the record a year ago and would have probably 18000 plus yards by now....same with jim brown he retired early...plus if anyone remembers the cowboys offensive line for like 6+ years revolutionized what an offensive line is like today and is considered the best ever, plus having a great lead blocker(moose) helps too...sanders never had either of those and was way ahead of emmitt before he retired way too early with a medicore team and no halfback blocking for him...

Hittman2001

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2002, 04:33:39 PM »
emmitt is a great back...but he's not the best....third probably barry sanders and jim brown were better....if sanders didnt retire early...he would have shattered the record a year ago and would have probably 18000 plus yards by now....same with jim brown he retired early...plus if anyone remembers the cowboys offensive line for like 6+ years revolutionized what an offensive line is like today and is considered the best ever, plus having a great lead blocker(moose) helps too...sanders never had either of those and was way ahead of emmitt before he retired way too early with a medicore team and no halfback blocking for him...

I think that Barry Sanders was a way better Running Back than Emmitt.  he was averaging 1500 yards a season and i think close to 5 yards per carry and Smith is around 4 yards per carry.  The only thing he was missing was a Superbowl Ring, but that wasn't his fault.

Pillow

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2002, 11:20:26 PM »
props to emmit, even tho i dont like the cowboys, hes a cool dude.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2002, 03:40:56 PM »
Emmit deserves to be mentioned as the best ever because of his longetivity as a running back in the NFL and as a football player period...And it doesn't look as he's slowing down anytime soon...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy