Author Topic: Lamar Odom has agreed to sign with...  (Read 825 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lamar Odom has agreed to sign with...
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 04:57:57 AM »
 8)
Odom said he didn't want to leave Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Fisher and the rest of the Lakers, especially Bryant.

"Riding off Kobe's coattail ain't bad," Odom said, laughing. "He's got something special going around. I've got to be around. I've got to be one of the apostles. There was no way I was going to pass up playing with Kobe, Pau, Andrew and Ron-Ron."

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »
RE-PEAT.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »
bottom line is, PLEASE don't try to compare Lamar Slowdom to Kevin "Hall of Fame, Allstar" Mchale anymore

How is Odom slow? LOL......Lamar will make the hall of fame if we threepeat with him on the team. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
what a faggot signing for less money like that

shows how he just used the heat to milk the lakers

i would smash his face in if i was wade

LOL why are you so emotional about it
This is nothing compared to how he reacted when the Lakers got Gasol. LOL.

Well that was a set up trade, Chris Wallace must have got whores, cocaine and what not for that one.

There is virtually no other explanation. Why in the hell would you dump Gasol for jackshit and then turn around and get Zach MOTHERFUCKING Randolph?

I had every right to get mad.

As for Odom, I think he's a BITCH for literally USING other teams just to get more money from the Lakers. What the fuck? Wade flew over to LA just to persuade Odom. Yet he never ever truly considered joining the Heat for the MLE. What a bitch. I'd be mad as hell if I was Wade or Riley. Or a Heat-Fan for that matter.  

no, it was because he hates Kobe...or...wait..... :laugh:

If he actually perfered 34$/5y from the Heat over 30$/3y from the Lakers, then YES, it must have been because of his teammates.

But I agree, he probably doesn't hate Kobe, he just used the Heat to get more money. But if he had been serious about leaving (which I'm sure he was not), then yes, hating Kobe was a logical explanation. Why else would you leave the best city, the biggest market and the best team for less money?

he woulda made more money with the Heat, genius...LOL....what dont u get about that? and another explanation would be that there's a lot less pressure on him in Miama, as opposed to playing for another ring with LA......but regardless, his heart was with the Lakers, and all free agents use other teams as leverage, so quit acting like this is something new....PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
Since when is 34/5 more than 30/3, genius?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
8)
Odom said he didn't want to leave Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Fisher and the rest of the Lakers, especially Bryant.

"Riding off Kobe's coattail ain't bad," Odom said, laughing. "He's got something special going around. I've got to be around. I've got to be one of the apostles. There was no way I was going to pass up playing with Kobe, Pau, Andrew and Ron-Ron."

He definitely can't stand Kobe

westsiderider323

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »
thank the lord  8)

fuck dwade and the heat

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »
Oh, yeah.. i forgot!

fuck dwade and the heat

8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »

it's not 30/3, genius. he's only getting 27 mill guaranteed.... he woulda had more guaranteed money without the state tax in florida....how many times does this have to be said until it's comprehended?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »

it's not 30/3, genius. he's only getting 27 mill guaranteed.... he woulda had more guaranteed money without the state tax in florida....how many times does this have to be said until it's comprehended?

the deal he initially rejected was 27, with 3 mil of a 4th year guaranteed. look it up nigga. the state tax can't be THAT significant. and he sure as hell would have gotten more than nothing elsewhere after 3 years, wouldnt he?

more money with the heat my ass
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 01:23:26 PM »
we signed him to a 4 year deal worth $33 million....the 4th year is a team option, so only $27 million is guaranteed (and that's before tax is removed)

the heat offered him 5 years at $34 million, guaranteed

$33 million with tax removed is much less than $33 million (state tax IS significant)

do u see how the Heat offer was for more money yet? lmao

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

Well that was a set up trade, Chris Wallace must have got whores, cocaine and what not for that one.

There is virtually no other explanation. Why in the hell would you dump Gasol for jackshit and then turn around and get Zach MOTHERFUCKING Randolph?

As for Odom, I think he's a BITCH for literally USING other teams just to get more money from the Lakers. What the fuck? Wade flew over to LA just to persuade Odom. Yet he never ever truly considered joining the Heat for the MLE. What a bitch. I'd be mad as hell if I was Wade or Riley. Or a Heat-Fan for that matter. 

If he actually perfered 34$/5y from the Heat over 30$/3y from the Lakers, then YES, it must have been because of his teammates.

But I agree, he probably doesn't hate Kobe, he just used the Heat to get more money. But if he had been serious about leaving (which I'm sure he was not), then yes, hating Kobe was a logical explanation. Why else would you leave the best city, the biggest market and the best team for less money?
FYI, Wade never actually got to meet Odom in the offseason. Neither did Pat. As far as using Miami, that can't be denied, but that's what free agency is about. Leverage.

EDIT: My mistake Pat Riley did meet Odom, but Wade didn't.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:16:23 PM by Ted J. G. »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-odom-s080109,0,7293052.story

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »
^He's just trying to save face.

At least this article confirms that he Heat-offer was less lucrative. So gobble on these, Niko.
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »
bottom line is, PLEASE don't try to compare Lamar Slowdom to Kevin "Hall of Fame, Allstar" Mchale anymore

How is Odom slow? LOL......Lamar will make the hall of fame if we threepeat with him on the team. 8)

Wait what did the you say?? hall of fame? LOL!!