Author Topic: All-Star Closer Sherrill goes to the Dodgers  (Read 233 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
All-Star Closer Sherrill goes to the Dodgers
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
Orioles ship Sherrill to Dodgers

The Baltimore Orioles traded George Sherrill(notes) to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday for Double-A third baseman Josh Bell and minor league pitcher Steve Johnson, two baseball sources said.

Sherrill, a left-hander who has 20 saves this season and had 31 in 2008, was acquired by the Orioles from the Seattle Mariners in the deal that sent left-hander Erik Bedard(notes) to the Mariners after the 2007 season. Sherrill will be used by the Dodgers as a setup man for closer Jonathan Broxton(notes).

Bell, who is batting .296 with 11 home runs at Double-A, was a fourth-round pick in the 2005 draft. Johnson is a right-hander who has pitched well at Double-A since getting promoted from Class-A two weeks ago.

It’s possible that Sherrill or Broxton could be part of a package that would bring Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay(notes) to the Dodgers, but Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti has said for weeks that shoring up the bullpen was as important as adding a starter.

Numerous teams were in on Sherrill, including Chicago White Sox, who were offering third baseman Josh Fields(notes).

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: All-Star Closer Sherrill goes to the Dodgers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
it doesn't matter the Phils locked up the NL the other day & Doc would lock up the ring lol.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »
it doesn't matter the Phils locked up the NL the other day & Doc would lock up the ring lol.

too bad the dodgers and jays are talking more than ever.  :D

we gonna get doc, without giving up kershaw or bills...WATCH OUT NOW!!!!!

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
^^if they don't strike a deal, I'm holding you accountable as a rep for the Dodgers and making sure you don't get a title shot lol j/k.

but on the real, I hope the Jays do strike a deal soon with some team for Halladay; I don't him leaving without us getting nothing.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »
^hopefully they don't deal him, he goes to Free Agency & the Yanks throw 60 million in his face. :)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »
^hopefully they don't deal him, he goes to Free Agency & the Yanks throw 60 million in his face. :)

I read the Yanks are involved in the trade talks too and Ricciardi is trying to use the whole Red Sox-Yanks rivalry to gain a bit more advantage since Red Sox are also gunning for him lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »

I read the Yanks are involved in the trade talks too and Ricciardi is trying to use the whole Red Sox-Yanks rivalry to gain a bit more advantage since Red Sox are also gunning for him lol.

if the Yanks fall back & let the Sox nab him, i am going to write a letter to the Yankees Front Office lol.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
lol make sure to post it on here so we can read it =P

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
^^if they don't strike a deal, I'm holding you accountable as a rep for the Dodgers and making sure you don't get a title shot lol j/k.

but on the real, I hope the Jays do strike a deal soon with some team for Halladay; I don't him leaving without us getting nothing.

hahaha, well, if it were up to me, i would of pulled the trigger on the rumored package that the jays presented the dodgers with....something like 5 prospects. 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 05:17:08 PM »
I still wanna shoot Bill Bevasi's faggot ass for trading Sherril and Adam Jones for Erik "I can't pitch a whole season" Bedard

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 11:38:05 PM »
I still wanna shoot Bill Bevasi's faggot ass for trading Sherril and Adam Jones for Erik "I can't pitch a whole season" Bedard
That trade is going down as one of the worst. 1 season of Jones playing as an All-Star this year has made it bad, and the dude is still really young. Sherrill was good for a few years, although the prospects aren't supposed to be amazing from what I've read, but they should both make the majors. The Mariners would look really good right now if they didn't make that trade.
I got a bird's eye view

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »
Adam Jones is a fucking animal! 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »
Adam Jones is dope...but damnit, i hate his Name.  when ever i see  the initial "A" then jones my mind automatically goes to "andruw jones" and i just get pissed off. 

FUCK YOU ANDRUW JONES!!!  I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON A TWINKIE YOU FAT FUCKING TURD!!!!!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
^^Fair enough... It was funny that he started off this year with some success, but his numbers have dipped again. All he has is HR's, but the K's and AVG. are pathetic. It's a mockery that he even played over Pierre.
I got a bird's eye view

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »
i hate to say it, because i use to love watching Andrum making plays as a Brave; but with this INTENSE career numbers dip, the homie was clearly on the juice. :-X