Author Topic: who has google voice?  (Read 116 times)

Al Bundy

who has google voice?
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
i just got it a week ago. shit is dope  8) i like being able to send and receive sms on my ipod touch

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
Re: who has google voice?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
Have had it for a month.  Shit is nice.
Time for a change...bring it!

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »
I have GV mobile for the Iphone. Too bad it got pulled because now we won't get any updates. Apple is receiving a lot of shit for pulling it. TONS of developers are complaining about their process for putting apps on the App store and how Apple approves or rejects their applications. So, quality developers aren't going to bother making good applications, so Apple will lose in the long run. They have to change the way apps are approved or its just going to be a ton of iFart apps that make noises.

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »
I have GV mobile for the Iphone. Too bad it got pulled because now we won't get any updates. Apple is receiving a lot of shit for pulling it. TONS of developers are complaining about their process for putting apps on the App store and how Apple approves or rejects their applications. So, quality developers aren't going to bother making good applications, so Apple will lose in the long run. They have to change the way apps are approved or its just going to be a ton of iFart apps that make noises.

it's available on the cydia repo (jailbroken iphone) so there will be updates

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
Ah that's right. I haven't jailbroken my phone, as I haven't come across an app that I absolutely have to have. But I may do it for Google Voice, we'll see.

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »
Ah that's right. I haven't jailbroken my phone, as I haven't come across an app that I absolutely have to have. But I may do it for Google Voice, we'll see.

plenty of reasons to jailbreak. free appstore apps, safari adblock, customize the look, etc

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »
Couple questions Bundy. Are there any conflicts when syncing with ITunes? Like if I jailbreak and then sync my shit with Itunes will it revert back to being unjailbroken? Also I've heard you have less battery life, is there any big difference?

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »
Couple questions Bundy. Are there any conflicts when syncing with ITunes? Like if I jailbreak and then sync my shit with Itunes will it revert back to being unjailbroken?

syncing music to your iphone won't unjailbreak it. your device will become unjailbroken once you update your OS (the dude who's behind cydia is working on a program that will keep your iphone jailbroken files after updating the OS)

Also I've heard you have less battery life, is there any big difference?

you'll have less battery life if you have too many programs open (jailbreaking allows you to run multiple programs in the background with an app called backgrounder. very useful), have SSH on all the time, use a intensive winterboard theme, etc. besides that, the battery life is the same.